[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• I have been able to place torches with Obisidian pickaxes but not with Stone ones.
    Intended ?

Greg does not replace vanilla tools with his own tools. Therefore stone pickaxes are vanilla pickaxes and therefore they suck.
    I recommend using this minetweaker script to replace vanilla stone tools with gregtech stone tools.

• Oooh, I thought vanilla tools were replaced because stone pickaxes have the (awful) GT durability (unless I'm mistaken about that too), but maybe it's not just a full replacement but just a balance adjustment.

Thank you for the script, I'll try asap.
    EDIT: Works like a charm, and now I can indeed place torches with my stone pickaxes. Maybe there should be a section on that topic on the wiki, to avoid any (false) inconsistencies...

Does this also explain the durability discrepancy between Flint&Steel (made with Steel Nugget) vs Damascus Steel Flint&Tinder ?

EDIT: Are there other replacements that I/we should be aware of ?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Flaoua ().

• wait is there no significant difference between the nerfed vanilla flint & steel and the best possible GT flint & steel?

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• It should be trivially easy to tell GT tools apart from vanilla tools by just looking at the tooltip. GT tools have a rather distinctive tooltip.

• wait is there no significant difference between the nerfed vanilla flint & steel and the best possible GT flint & steel?

Oh yes there is, and that's why I focused myself on using Damascus Steel to make Flint&Tinder, which last way more than the meager 64 uses the vanilla does, but I did craft vanilla Flint&Steel with GT Steel so maybe I should tweak the recipe like for the stone tools idk

It should be trivially easy to tell GT tools apart from vanilla tools by just looking at the tooltip. GT tools have a rather distinctive tooltip.

Now that I have GT stone pickaxes there is a clear and significant difference (on durability too, btw, GT stone pickaxes last more, almost two times more if I counted correctly).
    And as for the tooltip since the durability of vanilla tools has been nerfed (a lot) I thought that although their tooltips stated they were vanilla ("Minecraft") they were still GT tools variations of vanilla tools, hence the "Minecraft" label.
    Of course I realize now that they're not, and that the GT ones were just a recipe tweak away.

My mistake, sorry for the inconvenience !

• Oh yes there is, and that's why I focused myself on using Damascus Steel to make Flint&Tinder, which last way more than the meager 64 uses the vanilla does, but I did craft vanilla Flint&Steel with GT Steel so maybe I should tweak the recipe like for the stone tools idk

Then everything is right. Damascus Steel is supposed to be MUCH better than regular Steel.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• While looking into that I just saw the recipe that turns a Vanilla Flint&Steel into a GT Flint&Tinder (Steel based, I guess) in NEI so yeah everything is as you said: Steel F&T has 12800 durability where Damascus Steel F&T has 32000.
    I just did not realize that we could turn a Vanilla Flint&Steel into GT Flint&Tinder steel-made.

I'll try to tinker in NEI a little more from now on :P

• While looking into that I just saw the recipe that turns a Vanilla Flint&Steel into a GT Flint&Tinder (Steel based, I guess) in NEI so yeah everything is as you said: Steel F&T has 12800 durability where Damascus Steel F&T has 32000.
    I just did not realize that we could turn a Vanilla Flint&Steel into GT Flint&Tinder steel-made.

I'll try to tinker in NEI a little more from now on :P

Gregtech is sneaky like that which is why Greg mandates NEI as a helpful tool which cuts down on the I can't make this type of post. It's actually quite fun to go through the various recipes in NEI that aren't hidden to see what you can build and what it'll take so you can plan beforehand what to farm etc.

• Yeah it's what makes the mod so interesting. While browsing NEI yesterday I had the urge to plan for a Biomass chain, for instance, and I think I'm going to build just that, so that I could play with Liquid Burning Boxes and Drums (love Drums btw).

And since I guess GT cannot get rid entirely of many vanilla items/blocks it provides replacement for (like stone pickaxes or ores for example), I will have to be careful around that topic to avoid any misunderstanding.

• you can pour stone tool heads btw with the crucible and the proper molds. The biomass/ethanol setup with GT is also a great way to get distilled water, I actual have 4 mil D. water stored up right now mainly from running my fermeters for ethanol.

• you can pour stone tool heads btw with the crucible and the proper molds.

Oh ? It was from the original guide so I kept it as is. Will change that on the next edit.

The biomass/ethanol setup with GT is also a great way to get distilled water, I actual have 4 mil D. water stored up right now mainly from running my fermeters for ethanol.

Ok I'm sold

• https://www.patreon.com/posts/explosive-update-7044764

As always, I am too lazy to repeat myself so deal with this Patreon Link about an Explosive Update I did ;D

GregTech Website

• Greg, you may want to add your meat and loot stuff into forestry's Hunter backpack whitelist, you have all other stuff whitelisted for some of them :) (vanilla meats and mob loots do fit in this one on default)

Also,I like idea of replacing vanilla stone tools with gt ones, what about making it default? Or at least configurable? :) we already do mess with a lot of stuff :)

And one thing. I tried gt pump on pipes, nothing unusual...but when one uses screwdriver, it does not write pump states to chat, is it intended or bug? I see it as not really intuitive. I was clicking on the side of pipe on corner, so not directly on side with pump.

The post was edited 2 times, last by HanakoCZ ().

• you have all other stuff whitelisted for some of them

I have NEVER whitelisted ANYTHING for those Backpacks. They do that by themselves.

Also,I like idea of replacing vanilla stone tools with gt ones, what about making it default? Or at least configurable? :) we already do mess with a lot of stuff :)

Nope, will NEVER happen. What if mods like for example Buildcraft need vanilla Tools in their Crafting Recipes? Thought of that? No ofcourse you did not. That is why this is perpetually denied!

And one thing. I tried gt pump on pipes, nothing unusual...but when one uses screwdriver, it does not write pump states to chat, is it intended or bug? I see it as not really intuitive. I was clicking on the side of pipe on corner, so not directly on side with pump.

Isn't the Texture of the Pump kinda obvious when you do that?

GregTech Website

• Hello, GregTech 1.6.2 4.08s not worked a Superconductor wire. I hook it to(example) mfsu and induction furnaces, but the connection does not occur, but rather the energy goes through the wire. ;(

• Nope, will NEVER happen. What if mods like for example Buildcraft need vanilla Tools in their Crafting Recipes? Thought of that? No ofcourse you did not. That is why this is perpetually denied!

Speaking of myself, I surely did not think about that. But then how about recipes to convert vanilla stuff to GT stuff, like the Flint&Steel => Flint&Tinder recipe ?
    Wouldn't that be a better solution ?

Also I'd gladly write a section in the wiki to talk about this topic because although I fully agree with the underlying principle of not making it a default, it would be a welcomed and valuable information for newcomers (and we do like newcomers, don't we ?)

• Well, texture of pump is really nice thing to see, especially when the pump is sided to something that is full block and all you can see is tiny sides of the pump :) I guess one has to assemble it somewhere else then, and break/place on final position...I liked the possibility to setup it on place more, that is why we could use tools on covers that are on other side of block than we click in first place, hm?

Oh, I thought you were adding stuff into backpacks, that would make sense, then nevermind. I can address it to Forestry devs then. And for pickaxes, ya, there are mods with those crafrings, but well that would be why make it on default as false. I guess you made the list of mods - that you change recipes for - smaller, for example old changes to BC (aka quarry using drill etc) are not gonna happen again? I am aware we can do it ourself via scripts, but same can be told about railcraft things and those are modified heavily :)

• There is a lava centrifugation recipe, which outputs tungsten nuggets and other things. Nuggets can be crafted into ingots, then into plates by using some rotating machine. Then 12 tungsten plates can be crafted into crucible and plates mold to smelt more tungsten. This looked doable by using steam machines, so I "declared" this as a major project and did it. It only took some pipes, distilled water tank, lava tank, 1 titanium burning box, 1 chrome boiler, 1 steel turbine, 1 steel centrifuge and 1 twilight forest for charcoal. GregTech is fun :)

• There is a lava centrifugation recipe, which outputs tungsten nuggets and other things. Nuggets can be crafted into ingots, then into plates by using some rotating machine. Then 12 tungsten plates can be crafted into crucible and plates mold to smelt more tungsten. This looked doable by using steam machines, so I "declared" this as a major project and did it. It only took some pipes, distilled water tank, lava tank, 1 titanium burning box, 1 chrome boiler, 1 steel turbine, 1 steel centrifuge and 1 twilight forest for charcoal. GregTech is fun :)

You should write a guide on the wiki documenting this clever way of sneaking up to tungsten tier crucibles!