[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• I have a wired problem with Release .30. When i open a new World, spawngeneration goes up till 78% and then mc freezes. No crashlog. There is nothingin the log-files. I even tried it in a new instance only with IC2_exp_2.2.823 and Gregtech 6.03.30 installed. The wired thing is, that when i create a World in .29 and then load it in .30 all is fine. Can someone confirm that?

• uhhhm, are you sure you have read the values from the right places? And I dont know if the Math is right.

I think it's just the Small Pile (1/4th unit) that seems to be inconsistent. I was also looking at Bauxite melting and the same kind of oddity appeared again :

- 1 Bauxite Dust smelt in 2 Aluminium chunks (so 2:1)
    - 1 Bauxite Block smelt in 18 Aluminium chunks (so 2:1, again)
    - 1 Bauxite Tiny Pile Dust smelt in 1 Aluminium Small Pile (so 1:2 ?!?)

Ratios seems to be ok for Dust and Block (like Tantalite/Tantalum relationship) but not for Small Pile. Maybe it's just the Recipe presentation in the NEI Crucible tab i don't know.

See :

• For example Torcherino : http://www.minecraftforum.net/…5-sci4mes-mods-torcherino
    It should speed up ticks of nearby blocks, but because of total OPness I never tried it, so I cannot say how it works and even if it works with GT properly. (but it should)

Also, greg can you clarify my question on IC2 machines config from last page? It somehow got jumped over :)

It disables the Recipes INSIDE the Machines or the Recipes added by GT INTO the Machines Recipe Managers.

I have a wired problem with Release .30. When i open a new World, spawngeneration goes up till 78% and then mc freezes. No crashlog. There is nothingin the log-files. I even tried it in a new instance only with IC2_exp_2.2.823 and Gregtech 6.03.30 installed. The wired thing is, that when i create a World in .29 and then load it in .30 all is fine. Can someone confirm that?

Do you have enough RAM? 4GB should be enough. And no, I didn't change anything Worldgen related, but I will check and try to gen a new World.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

Can't you just up the Tickrate for a while?

It's an interesting idea. My concern with that would be that I'm at sub-60 fps as it is, and fairly certain that's CPU bound - I'm not sure how many ticks I could fit into a second even
    if it were uncapped. Probably not dramatically more than the default anyway.

-----

In other news....

My solids chests are filling up REALLY quickly.

I expended my last bit of fuel making the screws for the towers, so I've just burned a drum of crude oil in single invar burning boxes, to bootstrap this thing before
    switching to tungsten gas burners.

Each tower has already produced around 6-7 stacks of solids.

Are there going to be lots of new uses for plastic and paraffin wax? What happens when the tower tries to output into a full chest? Does it stall or discard the solid output?

• Propane on burning states that it outputs distilled water + CO2. Do you need to click it with something like universal cell or measuring pot to get it, or pump with pipe is only way to do it?

Also we would like to get some more uses for glue. For now, it is usable only for sticky dynamite, but I guess it can be used for more, like sticky pistons , leashes, etc ?

seregheru  
    CPU limitations and so....are why people spend like 5€/month to run the server, so they have no such limitations, or WAY bigger limits.

• Also we would like to get some more uses for glue. For now, it is usable only for sticky dynamite, but I guess it can be used for more, like sticky pistons , leashes, etc ?

If you mean sticky resin, IC2 already allows using it for torches and sticky pistons, though the recipes are hidden from NEI by default, and I don't understand why. It's not like those are extra-powerful items that need the recipes to be kept secret.

As far as leashes (officially called leads), I see no problem with adding a Minetweaker script to allow resin to be used in place of the slimeball in that recipe.

• Do you have enough RAM? 4GB should be enough. And no, I didn't change anything Worldgen related, but I will check and try to gen a new World.

Yeah RAm is not the issue. I have given it 4GB of RAM. Like i wrote, i never had such a problem till .30. Even instances with .29 and many mods are loading just fine. Wired is that no logs or crashlogs show a problem. MC just freezes at Spawngen around 70/80%. Even waiting 30 min. doesn't help. When i load a World from .30(wich has not loaded fully) in .29 the world is fine. MC only complaoins about missing blocks(the new concrete etc), but i think thats normal?!

Propane on burning states that it outputs distilled water + CO2. Do you need to click it with something like universal cell or measuring pot to get it, or pump with pipe is only way to do it?

The last time I took a look into the code, the burning boxes didn't have an output tank yet, so unless something changed you should just ignore the the outputs for now.

CPU limitations and so....are why people spend like 5€/month to run the server, so they have no such limitations, or WAY bigger limits.

Unfortunately that isn't possible for me right now. It would mean cancelling something that both my partner and I use, just to buy something that
    only I will use. Sure €5 a month is only €5, but *another* €5 on top of everything else isn't.

• Yeah RAm is not the issue. I have given it 4GB of RAM. Like i wrote, i never had such a problem till .30. Even instances with .29 and many mods are loading just fine. Wired is that no logs or crashlogs show a problem. MC just freezes at Spawngen around 70/80%. Even waiting 30 min. doesn't help. When i load a World from .30(wich has not loaded fully) in .29 the world is fine. MC only complaoins about missing blocks(the new concrete etc), but i think thats normal?!

I ninjafixed it, redownload .30

The last time I took a look into the code, the burning boxes didn't have an output tank yet, so unless something changed you should just ignore the the outputs for now.

The Burning Boxes are not outputting the things right now. I might add "better" Generators that do output their Stuff.

Unfortunately that isn't possible for me right now. It would mean cancelling something that both my partner and I use, just to buy something that
    only I will use. Sure €5 a month is only €5, but *another* €5 on top of everything else isn't.

The Torcherino might be a Solution. I saw Etho use it to let Crops grow at an insane Speed. But maybe it just affects random World Ticks and not TileEntity Ticks.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

The Torcherino might be a Solution

That looks very interesting... limited radius and it can be disabled by redstone so I can set it up with a timer so that it automatically switches off
    after a fair time to catch up... Thanks.

• I know about sticky resin, but glue is byproduct from them.

Doh! Even though I don't actively play GT6, I've got a MultiMC instance with it installed so I can check for things like this, yet somehow I failed to do so before responding. Shame on me.

• I found one more way to get an iron nugget for flint and tinder (works with just vanilla and GregTech and some luck). I found a cauldron in witch's hut at swamp. Then I remembered that I sometimes get metal nuggets when cauldron-washing ores. Then I just washed some ores which had pure iron as a byproduct (tin, hematite, magnetite...). I got iron nugget after 6th attempt.

• Greg, I found a small error with the output of propane and butane in the distillation tower. The order is inverse: propane has a lower boiling point than butane and thus, it should go to the top output of the distillation tower instead of in the second output counting from the top.

Watching Bear's video (https://youtu.be/jtwtqR8OGbs?t=28m30s) I noticed it.

• I uploaded a Bugfix Version just now. Should fix several Issues including the one above.

GregTech Website

• So Bauxite dust melts at 2800K to make Aluminium but Aluminium has a boiling point of 2792K.

Tried it just to be sure and yeah Bauxite melted in Aluminium, which immediately evaporated to nothingness :3

Intended as an incentive to get Aluminium from Electrolyzer/Centrifuge ?