[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• There is a recipe for plastic from oil using distillery. It requires selector circuit, which requires plastic. This is not possible without building distillation tower first. Probably not intended.

• There is a recipe for plastic from oil using distillery. It requires selector circuit, which requires plastic. This is not possible without building distillation tower first. Probably not intended.

Probably intended.

Grass and Dry Grass Items, dropped by Swords/Knifes/Senses/Scythes, when harvesting vanilla Grass and Ferns. Dead Bushes will drop Sticks with those Tools

Oh, I like where this is going...

• Oh, I like where this is going...

You like Grass or what? There is not much you can do with it. :P

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Advanced rail from railcraft has missing recipes. As you Greg removed by default standard crafting of those, you probably forgot to add this one recipe. Ther is no way how to build some control tracks, like Locking Track or Booster Track (well that one has counterpart in GT, but the former doesn't). Standard Rail has recipe in Roll Former, this one is recipeless.

Also dry grass can be nice substitute to wheat for cows, or crafting material for early tools :)

• Advanced rail from railcraft has missing recipes. As you Greg removed by default standard crafting of those, you probably forgot to add this one recipe. Ther is no way how to build some control tracks, like Locking Track or Booster Track (well that one has counterpart in GT, but the former doesn't). Standard Rail has recipe in Roll Former, this one is recipeless.

Advanced Rail should have a Recipe, are you sure the Railcraft Plugin for NEI is installed for its Rolling Machine? Because I dont remove any RC Rolling Machine Recipes.

Also dry grass can be nice substitute to wheat for cows, or crafting material for early tools :)

Dry Grass would only be for Firestarters or similar, the regular Grass would work as Cow/Pig/Horse/Sheep Food aswell. :P

And it can be used for Biomass ofcourse.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Well, I am lil disappointed then. Because everything from Railcraft except Advanced HS and Electric rail can be achieved via normal GT machines. We can make normal and reinforced rail in GT, we can do all plates, metal posts, etc:) I guess it is because of "composition", but still, we expect GT-magic to solve that :))))) Well never mind then...

• Why not making grass grow when it rains ?

Would be a nerf to Desert (it's already the best environnement anyway), make more sense (pun intended), and would mess up nice crops by needing to tend for them (or else, you know, grass will grow instead of wheat).

• Well, you did it ahah :thumbsup:
    Probably someone have arleady asked that to you, but... Where can I find the foods like lemons tomatoes ecc? Are they an extern mod? :P

Anyway..
    Greg, I got a big problem... I finally removed my old NVidia GT 705 (so so bad, 25 fps with 4 chunks) and mounted the new Asus Rx 480 4 gb today but.. There are 12 fps with only 4 chunks!!! With the graphic card of my friend, a gtx 630 if i'm not wrong (1gb) and with 16 chunks i had about 64 fps... Now the game got very low fps and it crashes a lot of times D:
    Some useful informations:

P.s.
    Can you add material trades on Villagers? I think it's a good idea. A bit cheaty, but hey, I like renewable things :D
    Sorry for my english, I usually never use it. And I'm Italian, and here in this bad country noone talks english... ;(

• Probably someone have arleady asked that to you, but... Where can I find the foods like lemons tomatoes ecc? Are they an extern mod? :P

Try other Mods indeed, I didn't add Crops for those. Pams Harvestcraft is great for farming.

Anyway..
    Greg, I got a big problem... I finally removed my old NVidia GT 705 (so so bad, 25 fps with 4 chunks) and mounted the new Asus Rx 480 4 gb today but.. There are 12 fps with only 4 chunks!!! With the graphic card of my friend, a gtx 630 if i'm not wrong (1gb) and with 16 chunks i had about 64 fps... Now the game got very low fps and it crashes a lot of times D:

Its not graphics card related, it is NEVER graphics card related. I bet you just didn't allocate enough RAM. 4GB should be enough. And I mean regular RAM, not G-RAM.

GregTech Website

• I've arleady got 4/2 GB allocated to the GregTech profile. (-Xmx4G -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode -XX:-UseAdaptiveSizePolicy -Xmn2G)
    Well, whit my friend's graphic card i had 60 fps, so i thought it was a gpu problem.. :\

• Until about a month or two ago I ran some pretty awesome shaders, and with v-sync my FPS was a near constant 60 FPS.

After a GregTech update (literally placed the new mod in the mod folder and deleted the old one - no other changes) my FPS
    plummeted to about 10-12. Switched back to the internal shaders and my FPS came back up to a near constant 60 FPS.
    It's probably nothing explicitly graphicsy, but it does seem there is some distant, indirect connection between GregTech
    and graphics performance.

I wonder if there is some strange interaction with OptiFine? Maybe some vanilla/forge/optifine method quietly fires off a
    draw command each time it is called, with no upper limit on the number of times it will draw and redraw the same element
    each frame? Text rendering to an unseen texture in preparation for display is a common item that can be redrawn far in excess
    of the screen refresh rate.

(In a personal project I was working on, I had a simulated computer writing to a 3D rendered terminal. The simulated
    computer was running at the equivalent of around 30 MHz. I pre-emptively had the monitor do a "soft" refresh that only
    actually refreshed the monitor texture at most once per frame. As an experiment, I also looked at what would happen
    with this turned off - a small program that could write a character to the monitor and refresh it 250,000 times per
    frame. The difference in performance was enormous.)

EDIT: wow, that took me a long time to type out! I was ninja'd by a post stamped almost 50 minutes earlier... d'oh.

• Covers cannot store complex Data without accessing their Item NBT directly and that is a laggy thing that I am not going to do.

Are you sure that isn't an over micro optimization? How many drain covers would it take to become a problem? As an alternative, how about simply allowing the pipe to accept the 1 atomic bucket of water from the grate, even if it would temporarily put them over max capacity? Provided of course, that they are starting out completely empty.

Also, what is with this refinery stuff? Do you have to have buildcraft installed for the oil? I can't stand the look of that stuff. Or can it refine plant based oils or something?

• Greg, would you consider doing a overhaul of the oredictinary designations for stone-like materials, especially blocks, as you did the metals (blockIngot, blockPlate etc.) particularly as you are getting more and more of these materials (from underground biomes)?

I think that the prefix "brick" should be used as "A ingot shaped thing worth 1/4 of a block" In particular "chunk" ("chunkGT") cannot be used because this will be mainly stones and ceramic, which are not as malleable as metals, and thus a distinction must be made.

In addition the material "Stone" should really be renamed "AnyStone",
    and the prefix "stoneCobble" should be replaced with "cobble", specifically "cobbleAnyStone".

• Greg, would you consider doing a overhaul of the oredictinary designations for stone-like materials, especially blocks, as you did the metals (blockIngot, blockPlate etc.) particularly as you are getting more and more of these materials (from underground biomes)?

I think that the prefix "brick" should be used as "A ingot shaped thing worth 1/4 of a block" In particular "chunk" ("chunkGT") cannot be used because this will be mainly stones and ceramic, which are not as malleable as metals, and thus a distinction must be made.

In addition the material "Stone" should really be renamed "AnyStone",
    and the prefix "stoneCobble" should be replaced with "cobble", specifically "cobbleAnyStone".

Why do you actually ask me? Are there any problems with the current System, except OCD being messed up royally?

Are you sure that isn't an over micro optimization? How many drain covers would it take to become a problem? As an alternative, how about simply allowing the pipe to accept the 1 atomic bucket of water from the grate, even if it would temporarily put them over max capacity? Provided of course, that they are starting out completely empty.

Also, what is with this refinery stuff? Do you have to have buildcraft installed for the oil? I can't stand the look of that stuff. Or can it refine plant based oils or something?

There is Soulsand based Oil. And maybe in the future there will be Worldgenerated GT Oil underground.

GregTech Website