[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Is there a way to use construction foam without the electrical canning machine?

No, and that is intended.

why are there no chromium liquid/gas burningboxes?

Because there are no Pipes made of it.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• And I updated again. 3 times this week to be precise, but this time I made a Patreon Post dedicated to the Update. https://www.patreon.com/posts/7500305 ^^

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• What is cobalt-60 for? Bear's videos had mentioned that you sometimes get it from washing copper and it is radioactive, but it seems you can now only get it from centrifuging refined cobalt ore.

• What is cobalt-60 for? Bear's videos had mentioned that you sometimes get it from washing copper and it is radioactive, but it seems you can now only get it from centrifuging refined cobalt ore.

Oh, you can get it? I'd not found the path there.

Can you make it into arrow heads? I think radioactive metals in arrowheads tend to do fun things to targets. Other than that I've got nothing.

Yes it's been changed. Washing Copper was a gamble, like russian roulette.

Awesome.. I have been struggling to get stainless steel to make the bath just to be able to make some sealed wood and use creosote to make torches.

The Sifter change is even worse: I've sifted a gazillion Sand Coal just days before this XD

Welp, at least I have my Gravel Iridium waiting to be sifted, so I guess it's not that bad

• Either the heat production of titanium and chromium burning boxes are reversed, or the heat consumption of titanium and chromium boilers are reversed. That is, one metal's burning box makes the heat the other's boiler requires.

• The Metals arent supoosed to match, remember that always.

GregTech Website

• just klicked my coke oven and corrupted the save :/
    Restarting the launcher and loading the world even ended in a blue screen

Dont know if its gregtech who caused the error, but its really the only mod i use beside inventory tweaks

• Okay please explain what exactly you did. I need A LOT OF DETAILS for that one.

GregTech Website

• wooo im special! :D

first of all. I think i had a blue screen two days before, i had the game running in the background to cool off my vanadium crucible and when i came back the computer was restarted.
    This however didnt corrupt my save and forge did a backupt right after. This was on gregtech 37!

soo, this happen in my survival game.

I had at some point turned it into creative via /gamemode to cheat in the tutorial books i couldnt find. at the crash it was however set to survival.

this was happening in my base:

I had a solid tungsten bb/boiler setup running in the background on charcoal and normal water, feeding a titanium enigne and bronce crusher, crushing lignite ore. destilled water was collected by wooden pipes into a wood tank

i had an array of 9 coke ovens installed, collecting the creosote via small wooden pipe into a wooden tank
    one coke oven has an hopper attached on its bottom, collecting the coal and running it into brass item pipes, but i think this one was turned off.

maybe one CC computer was turned on, but ideling because i didnt wrote a programm yet.

one crucible was cooling down.

The crash happend as i right clicked one coke oven, to get the coke out, right after opening the gui

After the crash i did relaunch the game, loaded the world up and as the screen changes to the game, it froce and shut down. the launcher gave me the crash report.
    i tried it again and again, the 3. time it crashed my system and the pc did reboot. Bluescreen (stupid win10 one) did say memory error.
    After the restard, on reloading the world, forge requested to perform a backup, but it does still freeze and crash.

i got now 5 error logs, and from glimpsing over, they look identical. I posted the most recent one, this is the first (in next post, character limit reached)

now a list of my mods: right first, i did not alter any config files
    I did only update GT since i started to play.
    -Applied energistics rv2-stable 10
    -buildcraft 7.1.18
    -codechickencore-1.7.10-1.0.7.47
    -computercraft 1.75
    -NEI 1.0.5.120
    -Railcraft 9.12.2.0
    -Reis Minimap mod 1.7.10 (filename doesnt specify the version)
    -inventory tweaks mod 1.7.10
    -Industrial craft experimental 2-2.2.826
    -Gregtech 6.03.39

yeez, if id updated to .40 this morning, id had a fresh backup >.>

• First crash report

WoW, now im really glad i wrote down the coordinats of that diamond vein i found yesterday on a piece of paper!

The post was edited 1 time, last by Orka45 ().

• The cobalt-60 thing was before we had an ore wash.....sluice thing. so when you washed copper you had a chance of dying from radiation. Now all isotopes come from centrifuging so no worries anymore, hand wash till your heart is content.

• Having a weird steam/electric system problem after updating and converting my magnetic separator setup to invar fireboxes.

Aluminum separator under aluminum electromagnet directly coupled to LV dynamo attached to invar turbine fed by medium bronze pipe, small steel pipe connecting to strong lead boiler/dense invar box, small bronze pipe with lead boiler/invar box. Should be putting out 160 l/t of steam, generating 40 EU/t of electricity, 20 MU/t flux, and thus run the separator. I previously ran the same machinery on 3x bronze/bronze generating 144 steam. (With small bronze pipes, plus a medium on the boiler closest to the turbine because for some reason it didn't work without it.)

Instead the separator keeps false-starting for however long I allow the system to run.

• first of all. I think i had a blue screen two days before, i had the game running in the background to cool off my vanadium crucible and when i came back the computer was restarted.
    This however didnt corrupt my save and forge did a backupt right after.

After the crash i did relaunch the game, loaded the world up and as the screen changes to the game, it froce and shut down. the launcher gave me the crash report.
    i tried it again and again, the 3. time it crashed my system and the pc did reboot. Bluescreen (stupid win10 one) did say memory error.
    After the restard, on reloading the world, forge requested to perform a backup, but it does still freeze and crash.

Ah, not related to GT at all, just like I thought. See, if you force close Minecraft, like a Bluescreen or an automatic Reboot typically does, it will fail to save the Game Data and pretty much fuck up everything. There is only 2 Solutions:

A. Fix your Computer or buy a new Computer, or

B. Make a Backup as often as possible, maybe with a Backup Mod of some sort, so that it even backups ingame.

GregTech Website

• Ah, not related to GT at all, just like I thought. See, if you force close Minecraft, like a Bluescreen or an automatic Reboot typically does, it will fail to save the Game Data and pretty much fuck up everything. There is only 2 Solutions:

A. Fix your Computer or buy a new Computer, or

B. Make a Backup as often as possible, maybe with a Backup Mod of some sort, so that it even backups ingame.

thanks
    luckily i do a backup every time i update gregtech, so just lost 2 days of progress. maybe i cheat it back in (and i wrote down those diamond coordinates. best decission ever)

• Multi-pipes are really cool, I always wondered why there was no such thing couple of years ago. I bet you even made it possible to make a "central hub" design with such a pipe, so you make cut-ins for needed fluids with normal pipes through the base?

• I was centrifuging Casserite dust, and the Block of Casserite dust had a melting point of 205 Kelvin (I couldn't place it in the world). I checked the Tin Melting Point, and it is something like 500 Kelvin. Is that supposed to be happening? I'm running GT 6.3.39