[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Greag,
    i like that you added special rules for handling acids, but tungsten should be one of materials that resists them too. In a fact it is one of most acid resistive materials know to humans.

• "[ADDED] Funnels, which are used to insert Fluids into GT Barrels, Boilers, Tanks and Basic Machines by hand."

Ending 2016 with an extra dose of Awesome.

• Greag,
    i like that you added special rules for handling acids, but tungsten should be one of materials that resists them too. In a fact it is one of most acid resistive materials know to humans.

Thanks for that Info, should be fixed now. ^^

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• whew, i didnt want to post in here again, but ive been running into problems running an Electrolyzer.

After long thinking, the question i have is

Does a turbine lose efficiency, when i supply more steam than the tooltip value? (but less than the max value)
    for example, steel turbine 1
    92 steam/t (96 to 384, back)
    64 RU/t (32 to 128, front)
    i feed it with 256 steam but it doesnt seem to give me 170 RU (because my MV dynamo doesnt give me power)

• The bounds being what they are, it doesn't seem possible that they do. (the top steam value to the top RU value is the same ratio as the main tooltip values or the bottom bound values.) And empirically my experience running them at high inputs suggests that they don't as well.

...However, you've made at least one mistake here: 256 steam should produce 85 and 1/3 RU, not 170. Remember steam is worth 1 GU per 2 L. I'm pretty sure 85 RU should run an MV dynamo, but the expected output from the dynamo would only be 64 EU/t, which might not be enough to run what you have down the line. (A steam turbine/dynamo setup has an aggregate 50% efficiency so it produces 1 EU out per 4L steam in.)

• wait, then why does the tooltip of the turbine say 66% efficiency? (and the Values too, 60 ru is 2/3 out of 90 steam)
    I know, with the 75% of the dynamo, i get a overall 50% of the whole setup. In theory i should get ~127EU out of 256 steam?

hmm i do a test setup later

192s/t!!!

>.>

what did i even read last night?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Orka45 ().

• ok question is what should yours electrolyzer do? is it MV electrolyzer or LV one?

• Greg, can you add some oil indicate blocks around oil deposits? Like coal or oil stone or something.. plox

The Hammer-Prospecting feature may come in handy for finding oil... if it doesn't then it certainly should be able to detect oil

• HAPPY NEW YEAR!

https://www.patreon.com/posts/7631593

---------------

The Hammer can prospect Fluids, it wont tell if it is Water or Oil though.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• what? really? thanks for reporting that. I bet it's because there is no wrought iron dust.

GregTech Website

• anything that doesnt burn the wood or corrode the wood away. :P

GregTech Website

• And Greg definetly answered xD You should be fine with wooden one until you get across acids and hot fluids, I would say. (So until electric age you are fine)

• And Greg definetly answered xD You should be fine with wooden one until you get across acids and hot fluids, I would say. (So until electric age you are fine)

No, I still can't name a single recipe I am confident would work in a metal bathing pot but not in a wooden one.

I can name lots that I'm confident wouldn't work in a wooden one, but that's not the same thing.