[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Yes, I made it 1.125 for crushed, 1.250 for purified and 1.375 for refined. That way I was able to divide all of them by 9 without losing any Material thanks to the 72nd Piles of Dust. Also I felt like people got not enough stuff out of their Ores, so it was a winwin situation. Now the step for refining stuff is actually useful for getting more Ores.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• And with the latest changelog line, I'm very happy that I finished my titanium steam turbine (which will be powerful enough to let me electrolyze more titanium from ores once I get enough boilers built to power it) before the update! Though rutile might not be so bad...I've never found any of that, I only had ilmenite.

That gap between steel and titanium (with three exotic material turbines in between) is kind of a deep one.

• I can recognize the 6 food crops, but what are these 4 magical flowers?

They are from Ars Magica and Thaumcraft.

Sorry that the Ars ones don't look like the original, but I did notice a copyright info on the ars textures, so I had to draw my own interpretations of those two.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• When i place a block in front of a running dense steel liquid burner it will turn off, but when i place a block in front of a running solid fuel tungsten burner it will not shut off. is this a bug or was it intentional? i ask because the tungsten burner says it requires air in front to work.

• It will burn up the thing that started burning before it will go out, what in case of a solid fueled box means it can take a while.

It checks only on the start of each burning process if there is air in front.

GregTech Website

• yeah I noticed that one. should be fixed tomorrow.

GregTech Website

• Forgive me for my stupidity and no opportunity to seek information on the Internet, but even the fact that I have I can not find Sodium, Aluminium and Potassium ores. Be cause of this I did not get crafted dynamo. I cant craft They are turned off or that I am not able to search?

Thank you for your time on me.

• you are supposed to get aluminium from byproducts in the beginning. the cauldron and the sluice can deliver those.

GregTech Website

• Hey Greg, I've got someone who calls himself McJty who claims that the markDirty() function actually does a lot more than 'something only used by Comparators' and its removal shouldn't cause a memory improvement. Allegedly that function is intended to flag chunks to be re-saved to disk so that the TileEntity data doesn't get lost. (So overriding it to null would cause issues with TEs not getting saved)

/**
    * For tile entities, ensures the chunk containing the tile entity is saved to disk later - the game won't think it
    * hasn't changed and skip it.
    */
    public void markDirty()

Thoughts/response?

Edit: One of the EnderIO devs also chimed in to say that 1, markDirty() does two jobs (one, set the dirty chunk flag; two, tell nearby blocks that something changed), and 2, migrating from 1.7 to 1.10, he had issues with TEs that didn't call markDirty() not getting saved, so he thinks the 1.7 'saving without markDirty()' was likely a bug in 1.7

• Hey Greg, I've got someone who calls himself McJty who claims that the markDirty() function actually does a lot more than 'something only used by Comparators' and its removal shouldn't cause a memory improvement. Allegedly that function is intended to flag chunks to be re-saved to disk so that the TileEntity data doesn't get lost. (So overriding it to null would cause issues with TEs not getting saved)

Thoughts/response?

Edit: One of the EnderIO devs also chimed in to say that 1, markDirty() does two jobs (one, set the dirty chunk flag; two, tell nearby blocks that something changed), and 2, migrating from 1.7 to 1.10, he had issues with TEs that didn't call markDirty() not getting saved, so he thinks the 1.7 'saving without markDirty()' was likely a bug in 1.7

I know exactly what you are talking about. HOWEVER, all my TileEntities mark the Chunk they are in as Dirty on their First Tick, meaning any subsequent call to markDirty() for chunk saving is useless, since it has already been marked Dirty on the very first Tick using worldObj.markTileEntityChunkModified(xCoord, yCoord, zCoord, this);

And the telling a nearby Block something has changed, caused a huge ping-pong Loop of Updates every Tick resulting in memory steadily rising up and up until the garbage collector interferes and cleans it.

Note, that said Updates happened whenever a single Item in Inventory got changed (by the outside), like it happened WAY TOO OFTEN with automation. And only the Comparator actually used those Updates.

Another Note is that I do manually call that Comparator related Update whenever my TileEntities get placed and removed, because GT itself relies on that Update aswell for optimization purposes.

So yeah, I knew what I was doing when I removed the Update related to markDirty(). All markDirty does in my Machines now, is notifying the Block its called on that its inventory changed by setting a boolean flag to true.

GregTech Website

• Hi all)
    I have a little problem.
    That system does not work. The crusger(and another tools) have something like "scrolling" and operation in crusher cant be over. I tired with another burning boxes and steam generators, but it cant resolve a problem. Usually I detach steam generator, waiting while an arrow will be in orange zone and connect steam g. to the pipe. Now, i need that system will work stable, but I dont know what to do. May be, I use a GT version with this bug? (GT 1.7.10-6.03.31)
    Screenshot: https://yadi.sk/i/az-cBKny38bmpK
    Ty for answer)

• Hi all)
    I have a little problem.
    That system does not work. The crusger(and another tools) have something like "scrolling" and operation in crusher cant be over. I tired with another burning boxes and steam generators, but it cant resolve a problem. Usually I detach steam generator, waiting while an arrow will be in orange zone and connect steam g. to the pipe. Now, i need that system will work stable, but I dont know what to do. May be, I use a GT version with this bug? (GT 1.7.10-6.03.31)
    Screenshot: https://yadi.sk/i/az-cBKny38bmpK
    Ty for answer)

Do I see titanium? That's strange. I don't have GregTech running at this moment, so I can't calculate what should happen with your setup. Try this for bronze crusher:

Steel burning box, steel boiler, steel steam engine (bronze and brass steam engines will most likely also work) and use distilled water. Your GregTech version is quite old... Later updates added fluid tanks, drums and barrels and many other things (like drying grass in dryer to get distilled water).

• Greetings! Faced with a number of discrepancies/bugs:

1. It`s not possible to get signalum. The recipe says that it`s necessary to melt 1Xcopper, 2Xsilver and 5Xredalloy + 1357 K. Okay, but when I try to get signalum this way, I always receive sterling silver. It does`t matter that it requires 4 silver, not 2. So get signalum not possible for me :(

2. In some recipes for processing by centrifuge were found some inaccuracies, examples:
    a) Cinnabar dust requires 32 GU/t. But when attempting to perform the procedure in a centrifuge with power rate of 64 GU/t - operation stops, it requires more energy.
    b) Redstone requires 160 GU/t. Centrifuge with 256 GU/t power rate can`t handle.
    a) Glowstone Dust requires 160 GU/t. And again, centrifuge with 256 GU/t can`t handle.
    d) Tungsten carbide dust requires 32 GU / t. Centrifuge with 256 GU/t energy in can`t handle it due to lack of energy.

Really want to understand is this problem with my NEI and recipes in it or whether it is just a bad recipes descriptions. Thanks!

1. It`s not possible to get signalum. The recipe says that it`s necessary to melt 1Xcopper, 2Xsilver and 5Xredalloy + 1357 K. Okay, but when I try to get signalum this way, I always receive sterling silver. It does`t matter that it requires 4 silver, not 2. So get signalum not possible for me :(

Crucible smelting recipes aren't restricted to working at the full 'unit scale'. You can run them exactly the same way with a fraction of all components. So that's how the sterling silver thing works.

I think there may have been a discussion earlier in the thread about what you have to do to make signalum. I don't remember what it was and I've yet to need the stuff, but you might want to look.

2. In some recipes for processing by centrifuge were found some inaccuracies, examples:
    a) Cinnabar dust requires 32 GU/t. But when attempting to perform the procedure in a centrifuge with power rate of 64 GU/t - operation stops, it requires more energy.
    b) Redstone requires 160 GU/t. Centrifuge with 256 GU/t power rate can`t handle.
    a) Glowstone Dust requires 160 GU/t. And again, centrifuge with 256 GU/t can`t handle.
    d) Tungsten carbide dust requires 32 GU / t. Centrifuge with 256 GU/t energy in can`t handle it due to lack of energy.

Really want to understand is this problem with my NEI and recipes in it or whether it is just a bad recipes descriptions. Thanks!

You haven't given enough information to be sure but you may be running afoul of overclocking rules in some of those cases. If you try to run a recipe that requires less than the minimum power of a machine, the recipe gets overclocked in a particular way: the total energy cost is doubled and the power requirement is quadrupled. (This repeats if the resulting power is still below the minimum.)

If you're running the centrifuges at their minimum power (rather than maximum power) this would explain your problem in all four cases.

Sterling Silver is an alloy of Silver and Copper with a lower melting point. I believe a solution would be to create the Red Alloy first, get the crucible up to a heat that adding the correct materials would keep the molten metals above the requisite 1357K before adding the last ingredient (copper). Alternatively, can signalum be made by mixing the molten metals in a mixer?

A potential solution to prevent these alloying issues would be to add the sub-alloys as another combination smelting recipe, but I suspect that would cause some issues or Greg would have already done something along those lines given Stainless Steel has a similar issue with Nichrome.

This I can actually speak to. I believe you're providing enough GU / t to overclock the recipes causing the base cost to quadruple in those cases.

• Sterling Silver is an alloy of Silver and Copper with a lower melting point. I believe a solution would be to create the Red Alloy first, get the crucible up to a heat that adding the correct materials would keep the molten metals above the requisite 1357K before adding the last ingredient (copper). Alternatively, can signalum be made by mixing the molten metals in a mixer?

A potential solution to prevent these alloying issues would be to add the sub-alloys as another combination smelting recipe, but I suspect that would cause some issues or Greg would have already done something along those lines given Stainless Steel has a similar issue with Nichrome.

The stainless steel recipe has no issue with nichrome as currently constituted - nickel isn't a direct ingredient, it's incorporated into invar.