[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Hi Greg, I have a couple bugs to report.

We use Harder Underground on our server and GregTech is slightly incompatible with it.

Similar to Underground Biome Constructs, Harder Underground replaces all vanilla stone and cobblestone (except for certain world-gen decorations like villages) with its own stone / cobblestone variants during worldgen. Its own stone/cobblestone is oredict compatible with vanilla stone/cobblestone (i.e. they belong to stone,stoneSmooth/cobblestone,stoneCobble), but right-clicking these with a GregTech hammer doesn't allow you to prospect for nearby ores with them. Furthermore, throwing harder underground stone into a crucible just instantly vaporizes it instead of allowing you to smelt it down into stone plates for instance.

Another feature that mod adds is making falling blocks "fall" sideways as well as vertically (so blocks like sand/gravel form diamond-shaped pyramids instead of pillars as they fall, making cave-ins much more dangerous). In earlier versions of GregTech 6, sand ores and gravel ores were affected by this as well (as desired), but in more recent versions this no longer seems to be the case (I believe because GregTech uses its own falling block code now?). Would it be possible to fix whatever broke the falling sideways behavior for your own blocks, or re-implement it and make it a config option?

• Please stop using that List thingy from the Forum, it breaks Quotes in a bad way...

Greg, does the height restriction for the "Ocean water" in the change-log (below y-63) update for changed ocean level, e.g. TFC's water level, etc?

Yeah I need to think about that restriction and about different ocean heights too...

Both nether bricks and nether brick blocks are 1 Unit in 6.04.06, despite you fixing hardened clay.

Intended since there is Recipes for 1 Netherrack -> 1 Netherbrick in some Mods.

Wouldn't forestry "impregnated sticks" be better molded as stickLongSealedWood?

If you didn't notice the Forestry Sticks are made of LOGS, which means they are 8 Units and not 1 Unit of Wood.

IE gear mold makes BC gears, despite using essentially the extruder recipe, allowing material exploits.

Only for Gold and Iron Gears, right?

Have you looked at the BC robots, and allowing the laser engraver to do some of the BC laser recipes?

I have made the GT Electric Laser for the Laser Recipe thing, use it, because I won't add Recipes to the Laser Engraver due to the BC Stuff being way too NBT for my Machines. I would need to write an entire custom Handler AND research the NBT Tags of BC Gates in order to make that work, and it would be too much of a waste of time.

Edit: Ad for the Harder Underground Mod, I will take a look at it ^^

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Quoted from "*error user name found*"
    Both nether bricks and nether brick blocks are 1 Unit in 6.04.06, despite you fixing hardened clay.
    Intended since there is Recipes for 1 Netherrack -> 1 Netherbrick in some Mods.

Couldn't you resolve this by increasing the amount of MT.Netherrack in minecraft:netherrack to 4 Units, and decrease the smelting material efficiency to 1/4? Somewhat like what you did for clay and obsidian?

Quoted from "*error user name found*"
    Wouldn't forestry "impregnated sticks" be better molded as stickLongSealedWood?
    If you didn't notice the Forestry Sticks are made of LOGS, which means they are 8 Units and not 1 Unit of Wood.

Finally found my original reason again:
    You already have a recipe 1 Log -> 2 Long Sticks, from which the carpenter be only half efficiency, especially as it has at least double efficiency as a bath for covering the resulting sticks with seed oil. (50 L per stick as opposed to 112L for converting already cut logs, or 100L for your current bath recipe for impregnated sticks.

Quoted from "*error user name found*"
    IE gear mold makes BC gears, despite using essentially the extruder recipe, allowing material exploits.
    Only for Gold and Iron Gears, right?

No, there are also Forestry Tin, Copper, and Bronze gears, and there may be more.
    Also: you should probably remove the gilded iron, and similar type material, gear recipes from IE.

• Couldn't you resolve this by increasing the amount of MT.Netherrack in minecraft:netherrack to 4 Units, and decrease the smelting material efficiency to 1/4? Somewhat like what you did for clay and obsidian?

Nope, Obsidian had the reason that Mods had inconsistent Outputs in Dust for Obsidian Blocks. In this case it is perfectly fine to be kept this way.

Finally found my original reason again:
    You already have a recipe 1 Log -> 2 Long Sticks, from which the carpenter be only half efficiency, especially as it has at least double efficiency as a bath for covering the resulting sticks with seed oil. (50 L per stick as opposed to 112L for converting already cut logs, or 100L for your current bath recipe for impregnated sticks.

There is already a GT machine Recipe for Logs to impregnated Sticks, use that one.

No, there are also Forestry Tin, Copper, and Bronze gears, and there may be more.

Those Forestry Gears are perfectly fine, since they only use Stone Gears as base.

Also: you should probably remove the gilded iron, and similar type material, gear recipes from IE.

Not gonna mess with that Stuff. The IE Machines may look cool but their Recipes are not carefully added.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Isnt there a Tungsten Carbide one?

GregTech Website

• There are 3 tungstensteel-base (not tungsten (my mistake)) turbines: void metal, trinitanium and graphene. I only know how to make first, but that requires Thaumcraft. It's strange, that tungstensteel turbine doesn't exist (except multiblock), while bronze, steel and titanium turbines exist.

• tungstensteel is too heavy for turbines, that's why its not used for them anymore.

GregTech Website

• Hi Greg,

The new ocean water sounds great - I really liked what TFC did with fresh and salt water, and how it forced you to be more discerning in choosing a place to settle.

I have a couple of concerns regarding mod compatibility:

1) is ocean water Archimedes Ships compatible? Will it provide buoyancy/be displaced by the hull/refill after moving as TFC salt water does?

2) the theme of my current world is oil exploration - will ocean water behave correctly with BC pumps when pumping oil? Or does the pump start pumping the ocean water too?

3) I'm really tempted by the CodeChickenCore finiteWater option, but I think this would be better if river water were infinite (IRL industrial installations are often built on rivers for
    easy access to water) - could the GT Drain treat water in a river biome as infinite and fill a connected pipe without actually removing the adjacent water block?

4) does setting the ocean height config option to, e.g., 0 safely disable the feature? Or would there be complications from this? (in case of compatibility issues).

---

Non-compat question:

Will ocean water hydrate crops, or will this be disabled?

• 1) is ocean water Archimedes Ships compatible? Will it provide buoyancy/be displaced by the hull/refill after moving as TFC salt water does?

I have no idea about the ships at all. I only know that my Ocean Water would have the power to flood entire Worlds if it was placed too far up (its not placeable by anything other than worldgen and I made sure the floodgate won't be able to either), so guess how the refill would work.

2) the theme of my current world is oil exploration - will ocean water behave correctly with BC pumps when pumping oil? Or does the pump start pumping the ocean water too?

That highly depends on how the BC Pump works.

3) I'm really tempted by the CodeChickenCore finiteWater option, but I think this would be better if river water were infinite (IRL industrial installations are often built on rivers for
    easy access to water) - could the GT Drain treat water in a river biome as infinite and fill a connected pipe without actually removing the adjacent water block?

I did think of something like that indeed. I might do this.

4) does setting the ocean height config option to, e.g., 0 safely disable the feature? Or would there be complications from this? (in case of compatibility issues).

There is a true/false config too like for all gt worldgen. And there wouldn't be any issues if it was disabled, there is still Salt Ore if you wanted to get your NaCl.

Will ocean water hydrate crops, or will this be disabled?

It is literally impossible to disable it, thank Lex for fucking up the Fluid API all over and wanting to keep Forge in a broken barely usable state. Even BC Oil can hydrate Soil...

GregTech Website

• 3) I'm really tempted by the CodeChickenCore finiteWater option, but I think this would be better if river water were infinite (IRL industrial installations are often built on rivers for

You can already try out this mod:
    https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/regional-water
    ...default is to have infinite water blocks in ocean, river, beach. :)

(its not placeable by anything other than worldgen and I made sure the floodgate won't be able to either), so guess how the refill would work.

time to try out things with worldedit :) Might be fun.

However I wanted somehow infect my oceans. We have worldbordered world and totally explored, so no new chunks. Will it be possible with that to get all oceans infected in real time? What about some random replace of one block per chunk on chunk load?:P

• just use mc edit and place an ocean block in the ocean at height 62. it will spread to all loaded chunks, maybe even unloaded ones but I havent had any world generating during the flooding so unloaded chunks arent affected.

GregTech Website

• The Ocean Update is out!

https://www.patreon.com/posts/7974429

GregTech Website

• Hello,

My next goal is to build the huge multiblock distillery tower to get some plastic. I need a crazy amount of stainless steel for this. I have the needed dusts but i want to ask if you have some tips to make the process easier.
    To be honest i doubt i'll have 20 hours to wait near my crucible to handle this manually. I have 1 smelter (only 1 as tungsten is had to get from lava).
    So, if you have some tips with smelter/mixer/drums or something like this i'd be gratefull ;) (allow smelter doesn't exists anymore in GT6)

My best regards