[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Greg, I know you said you didn't change the sluice juice to distilled water recipe, but it did get changed. The first screen shot is from GT 6.04.14, and the second is from GT 16.05.00. The recipe changed from 256 GU to 1600 GU. This slows the process down considerably.

The post was edited 1 time, last by netmc ().

• I have a request. Can you add a way to detect fluid source blocks / flows? Apologies if there already is a feature like that and I'm just missing it.

After the update that added seawater, I was building an airlock and wanted the doors to shut automatically if water was detected (e.g. creeper blows up in an undersea tunnel and seawater starts to flood it).
    Currently I'm doing this with a boat and a pressure plate, but the setup takes more space than I'd prefer and since the boat is an entity, probably isn't ideal from a performance standpoint either.

Ideally this would take the form of a tile entity that detects source blocks, flows, or both of one or more configurable fluids (or any fluid if not configured). Alternatively, this could be implemented as a new feature in the existing Bucket-o-Meter / Fluid-O-Meter sensors. Though, for my purposes, I only really want to know if seawater is adjacent to the sensor.

Edit:

Changelog wrote:

[ADDED] Fluid-O-Meters and Bucket-O-Meters can now scan for Fluid Blocks and not just Tanks.

Thanks Greg :)

The post was edited 2 times, last by theJ89 ().

• Greg, I know you said you didn't change the sluice juice to distilled water recipe, but it did get changed. The first screen shot is from GT 6.04.14, and the second is from GT 16.05.00. The recipe changed from 256 GU to 1600 GU. This slows the process down considerably.

Well, I was relying on Bear to tell me what I changed. I just blindly looked at all Recipes that output distilled Water and checked if their Recipes are expensive enough to not make distilled water cheaper in certain Machines. Distilled Water is supposed to be the same price for all Machines, without exception. So no, I will not change it back.

I have a request. Can you add a way to detect fluid source blocks / flows? Apologies if there already is a feature like that and I'm just missing it.

After the update that added seawater, I was building an airlock and wanted the doors to shut automatically if water was detected (e.g. creeper blows up in an undersea tunnel and seawater starts to flood it).
    Currently I'm doing this with a boat and a pressure plate, but the setup takes more space than I'd prefer and since the boat is an entity, probably isn't ideal from a performance standpoint either.

Ideally this would take the form of a tile entity that detects source blocks, flows, or both of one or more configurable fluids (or any fluid if not configured). Alternatively, this could be implemented as a new feature in the existing Bucket-o-Meter / Fluid-O-Meter sensors. Though, for my purposes, I only really want to know if seawater is adjacent to the sensor.

Tried using a Block Update Detector? Pretty sure Seawater causes Block Updates, when flowing through Air.

As for the Sensors, yeah might be an Idea.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Tried using a Block Update Detector? Pretty sure Seawater causes Block Updates, when flowing through Air.

As for the Sensors, yeah might be an Idea.

I considered using a block update detector at first, but decided against them for a couple reasons.

The way I set up the airlock, it closes when it detects fluids and opens when the fluid has been cleaned up. With a block update detector, it wouldn't be able to tell if the fluid had been added or removed, just that something had changed. Though now that I think about it, I guess a similar effect could be achieved by wiring a toggle latch to it. The biggest reason I decided against it though was because the block update detector's too dumb to know what caused the update; we use a mod that causes cave-ins (Harder Underground), and nearby explosions can accidentally trigger them. There are a few other cases I considered as well, like mobs that shoot fireballs and light fires, or mobs that spawn webs on top of you, etc. Ideally, it should only be triggered by seawater.

• Hi all,
    I just made a bronze roll bender to make plates out of thaumium ingots but it hasn't been working for me. Neither wrought iron, zinc, nor thaumium ingots have established the "recipe underway" animation on the front. Instead, I only see the three wheels moving like there is no achievable recipe to work on; this tells me at least the proper energy type is supplied.

At first I thought maybe there were too many RUs applied (1x dense bronze boiler funneled entirely to an invar turbine, also there was no audio feedback to suggest that it was overpowered) but even when I dropped it down to just over 16 RU still nothing.

I didn't get too surgical in my quick examination last night, but I just wanted to check and see if anyone had any suggestions. Thanks

• Ingots to plates needs the "Rolling Mill". "Roll Bender" does plates to curved plates.

Also, since we're talking about sluice juice: Greg, would you ever consider allowing us to re-hydrate sluice sand to sluice juice? (say, by mixing with water in the Mixer?)

• Ingots to plates needs the "Rolling Mill". "Roll Bender" does plates to curved plates.

Also, since we're talking about sluice juice: Greg, would you ever consider allowing us to re-hydrate sluice sand to sluice juice? (say, by mixing with water in the Mixer?)

Whoops, lol. Thanks.

• I checked netherrack dust again on 6.05.00, and tiny piles still cannot be made into a full dust. The full dust item is from rotarycraft.

• Greg,Can you give me permission to repost GregTech6 Mod to MCBBS(A popular China Forum)?I wish more people know the best mod~

• Yes you can do that, I know how china is with random stuff like that.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• This might be a minor bug. Or maybe it just works differently. Using a flint and tinder (made from iron nugget and flint) gives a clicking sound every time you try and light something weather or not it actually lights. Using a flint and steel (made from a steel nugget and flint) only gives the clicking sound upon a successful light. An unsuccessful attempt is completely silent.

• the normal flint & steel seems to be bugged then, since no matter how successful it is it is still smashing two thigns together, therefore making a sound.

GregTech Website

• My steam machines was breaking. Before today all was fine, buzzsaw and crusher was wokrng. Today I tried to add shreder. And all stop. I omly hear sound "not enough power". I disconnected all machines, decalcifyed boilers, add only one bronze turbine and buzzsaw. And they not working. Why? What did I wrong?

• My steam machines was breaking. Before today all was fine, buzzsaw and crusher was wokrng. Today I tried to add shreder. And all stop. I omly hear sound "not enough power". I disconnected all machines, decalcifyed boilers, add only one bronze turbine and buzzsaw. And they not working. Why? What did I wrong?

The one thing I do notice is that your boilers are over pressure. This shouldn't happen if you are consuming all the steam you are producing. If the turbine will use all the output of both steam boilers, you need larger pipes on top of the boilers to give space for the backflow. You want to use the largest pipes at the boilers, and work smaller as you get towards the machines (making sure that the smallest pipes you use will carry the full output of the both boilers). If the steam in the pipes has more than one direction it can flow, you will generate backflow. You need larger pipes there to accommodate that. It's easiest if you pair one steam boiler directly to one machine. This setup gives only 1 place for the steam output to go, so you can safely use the smallest pipe that will accommodate the steam as no backflow can be created.

• Hello :)

I've heard some rumors about Gregtech 6 beeing developed for Minecraft 1.1. is this correct? IF Yes where can i read about it? because i found this in the Q/A from Greg himself:

Will 1.7.10 will be the last Gregversion or did he changed his mind?

• I found a missing forestry extra trees recipe that didn't find its way over to the GT machines when you added limited support for Binnie's mods Spruce wood in the squeezer produces resin, which when run through the forestry still produces turpentine which is needed in a carpenter with bees wax to make wood polish which is used in the woodworker (extra trees) to craft various wood patterns used in decorations. Since you disable the forestry squeezer (as all other products are craftable using your machines), resin and its ultimate use as wood polish to fuel the woodworker is not obtainable.

Can you please add in a method of creating wood polish? Thanks.

• Yeah I was still not done with all the Binnie Recipes. And are you sure you dont have IHL installed or something? That Recipe looks like an IHL thing, what I will ofcourse support, but it would be nice for me to know. ^^

As for the Q/A thingy, I will do 1.7.10 for a year or two (maybe longer if finishing GT6 takes a while), and then I will leave MC to make my own Game (still maintaining my Mod once a week or month or so, so only a 99% leave).

GregTech Website

• Yeah I was still not done with all the Binnie Recipes. And are you sure you dont have IHL installed or something? That Recipe looks like an IHL thing, what I will ofcourse support, but it would be nice for me to know. ^^

I do have IHL, but the spruce wood to resin to wood polish chain is definitely from Extra Trees (Binne's mods)--It uses all forestry machines in the process chain. In previous versions of Binne's mods, there was also a recipe for sap (from all wood besides spruce), but since you couldn't really do anything with it other than burn it in a biogas engine @ 1MJ/tick, it was removed.

Edit:

One other recipe I found interesting. Rotarycraft adds its own bee to forestry. The slippery bee. It's comb output is slippery propolis. In the forestry squeezer (and GT squeezer), it produces 20 L of lubricant. In the GT centrifuge, the same propolis produces 150 L of lubricant. Quite a bit more. In total from 1 comb in the GT centrifuge (assuming you obtain the propolis), you receive 200 L of lubricant. This doesn't impact GT much as the only real use of lubricant is in the buzzsaw. Also considering how much lubricant you can get from a field of canola seeds, I'm not sure there is really much of balance issue, but I thought I would bring it to your attention in case this isn't intentional.