[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Can I somehow make water from oxygen and hydrogen?

Not until I add a Gas Turbine, what will happen someday.

How can you automatically void excess distilled water?

There is a Garbage Can isnt there?

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• After upgrading to the 6.05.06 release, I have an invisible item in my inventory called GT.metatool.01.24.name in my inventory. Any idea on what this is/was?

• After upgrading to the 6.05.06 release, I have an invisible item in my inventory called GT.metatool.01.24.name in my inventory. Any idea on what this is/was?

possibly mortar? that one was the only removed AFAIK (in favor of Block version)

The mortar has metadata 24 in GT5u, presumably carried over from the original GT5, and kept in GT6 until the tool was removed, which would support that.

• OMG... I finally figured out why using grape juice to make bio-ethanol sucks so much. I hadn't noticed that the generifier loses half of the juice converting it to generic juice. WTF? Most juices convert 1:1, as you would expect... carrot juice for some reason is doubled! Why is grape juice penalized?

• Greg, I see:

Vanilla Hay bales half fall damage (or is it effective fall distance?) when you land on them, do yours?

Only half? According to http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Hay_Bale#Falling fall damage is cut to 20%. However, according to http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Hay_Bale#History that effect was only added in Minecraft 1.9. Are you sure they had a similar effect in 1.7.10? There's no mention of that in the history, and I checked some revisions of the page from just after 1.7.10 released, and they had no indication of reduced falling damage from hay bales.

• Only half? According to http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Hay_Bale#Falling fall damage is cut to 20%. However, according to http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Hay_Bale#History that effect was only added in Minecraft 1.9. Are you sure they had a similar effect in 1.7.10? There's no mention of that in the history, and I checked some revisions of the page from just after 1.7.10 released, and they had no indication of reduced falling damage from hay bales.

I didn't really know when they added it, or how much it reduced, but, as your linked articles prove, Mojang did add it, and I think greg should add it to his bales as well.

• That is something they added together wit hthe slime blocks I think, so no, not really gonna be added.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Hi everyone, I need some help. I want to use Flux Heater (converter from RF to KU) but it is no crafts in NEI, no configs in files (i use search), no page on Wiki, and no answers on this forums before how to enable it's craft. So, how can i do this, or where I miss?

• So I built the distillation tower and got some plastic so I can *finally* make some circuits and real GT battery boxes instead of using IC2 ones, and maybe look at setting up a permanent power situation, but then what? What can I do with power besides run the magnetic separator and electrolyzer? I guess I can finally build a mining drill and charge it. What else? The GT mass fab system sounds interesting, but how to generate enough power to fuel it? No fuision power yet right? What about regular nuclear? Is there a GT way to use an IC2 fluid reactor to generate power?

• now is when ya get creative with automation and trying not to blow up huge boiler systems to make power. start collecting mass amounts of minerals for when greg drops the nest big multiblock on us. have you tried the large centrifuge?

• I'm currently setting up a new SSP world with the latest GregTech and several world generation mods, including RTG with Climate Control, Biomes o' Plenty (with only certain biomes disabled) and disabled Vanilla biomes. When testing in creative I couldn't find any GT rubber or blue mahoe trees - as I was considering disabling IC2 rubber tree generation this is clearly not good :( Also willows and maple trees spawned only in a single (out of maybe 20) biome - I would really prefer more...

Is there any way to influence the possible spawning biomes for the new GT trees? I couldn't find anything in the config files, neither in GT ones nor in BoP or CC.

• I'm currently setting up a new SSP world with the latest GregTech and several world generation mods, including RTG with Climate Control, Biomes o' Plenty (with only certain biomes disabled) and disabled Vanilla biomes. When testing in creative I couldn't find any GT rubber or blue mahoe trees - as I was considering disabling IC2 rubber tree generation this is clearly not good :( Also willows and maple trees spawned only in a single (out of maybe 20) biome - I would really prefer more...

Is there any way to influence the possible spawning biomes for the new GT trees? I couldn't find anything in the config files, neither in GT ones nor in BoP or CC.

Which BoP Biomes did you disable?

But I got a solution: Dungeon Loot Saplings. That way Trees don't have to spawn in strange Biomes.

GregTech Website

• Which BoP Biomes did you disable?

Well, I disabled: Alps Forest, Bayou, Cherry Blossom Grove, Crag, Dead Swamp, Flower Field, Fungi Forest, Mangrove, Mystic Grove, Ominous Woods, Orchard, Origin Valley, Sacred Springs, Silkglades, Sludgepit, Steppe, Tropics, Wasteland - quite a lot, actually :D

Still, I would have expected to find Rubber Trees and Blue Mahoe in the Tropical Rainforest biome, maybe also in Rainforest and Lush Swamp biomes; Willows also in the Land of Lakes Marsh biome; Maples possibly in Seasonal Forest and Deciduous Forest biomes too - nonetheless I'll search for them in dungeons, no problem :P