[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Thank you for showing me the following Part of the Log:

"[15:07:13] [Client thread/INFO] [FML/gregtech]: If your Log stops here, you were too impatient. Wait a bit more next time, before killing Minecraft with the Task Manager."

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Yeah GT takes a while to start up, back in the days of 1.7.2 it took 5-10 minutes for me to load

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Throw in 3 units of cinnabar, heat it slightly, remove mercury with a simple glass bottle. Some biomes (hell, desert) may be too hot, but it worked for me in plains.

• Throw in 3 units of cinnabar, heat it slightly, remove mercury with a simple glass bottle. Some biomes (hell, desert) may be too hot, but it worked for me in plains.

thx for the answer, i figured it out and deleted the post b/c i felt silly. another question though: how do i work with tungsten? seems like there isn't much i can melt it down without pyrotheum, or crucibles that are significantly harder to make than tungsten

• how do i work with tungsten? seems like there isn't much i can melt it down without pyrotheum, or crucibles that are significantly harder to make than tungsten

Somewhere in this thread there was a long chain of Osmium - Iridium and other rares to Tungsten.

But It is easier (and slow) to centrifuge few drums of lava if you have plenty of time and a chunkloader in your modpack.

• there is a bit of odd behavior with steam powered devices, no matter if it's too much, just enough steam (matching input and output), or too much team powering them, they either

A: Never run ( Most common )

B: run for a very short time then never run again even after being moved (rarely)
    C: They run for awhile but after awhile they stop, and then start working when the pipe feeding the steam is drained

• My Reply to that is: Even then you wont be able to open the GUI of the Block you would click, and Tools couldnt be used on the Side with the Pipe either. I have Code in place that prevents obstructed Sides from being clicked at all, even if the thing next to the Block isn't a 100% full Block. And Pipes that are connected to a Machine are DEFINITELY obstructing the Machine from being clicked in all Cases.

GregTech Website

• have you EVER tried using something like a Wrench where you need to rotate the Handle of the thing at least 60° around to make it work, BEHIND a Pipe that obstructs everything? I KNOW what I am talking about, I had that Issue plenty of times with a Screwdriver and my old Computer.

GregTech Website

• hey greg, could you add a recipe for signalum that accounts for the creating of sterling silver before the signalum is formed when working with a larger batch

e.g. 5 sterling silver + 1 annealed copper + 10 red alloy = 16 signalum

the material makeup of sterling silver, is still 1 annealed copper and 4 silver, so the creation of sterling silver doesn't change the fact that it would still forms the same alloy when the conditions are met

edit: in fact it appears that the sterling silver recipe seems to mess it up regardless, it may be bypassable by using the smallest units, but for now it seems you can't properly make signalum the intended way?

I'd recommend changing the base recipe to the example I gave, as that makes the recipe basically identical to what it was originally without having to make the required materials change

• insert the silver last, thats the hint I gonna give you.

GregTech Website

• have you EVER tried using something like a Wrench where you need to rotate the Handle of the thing at least 60° around to make it work, BEHIND a Pipe that obstructs everything? I KNOW what I am talking about, I had that Issue plenty of times with a Screwdriver and my old Computer.

I had a difficult time replacing my kitchen faucet because the wrench kept hitting the wall or the sink ( there was only something like 4 inches between the sink and the wall ), but I still managed to do it.

You can move it as much as you can, then release and replace the wrench and move it some more. It isn't rocket science.

• Yeah but for that you need to be able to move the Wrench at least 60°, otherwise you geometrically wont be able to put the Wrench back at a location where you can move it again. Also you just said "Remove a Pipe in front of a Wall, using the Wrench" as your example, but what you actually want from me is "Remove a Wall where a Pipe is in front of, using the Wrench, but WITHOUT removing the Pipe itself beforehand", what understandibly doesn't work because the things get stuck on the Pipe.

You cannot use any Tools in spaces where there isn't enough room to properly use them, you have to dismantle everything that is in the way first. That is also the reason why Covers stay on Blocks when you harvest them, so that you don't have to worry about placing them again, when you have to remove a Block for a second.

(Sure it is possible to argue "hey the Cover should be in the way too when you harvest the Block", but that would be such a huge bitch to hack into MC)

It's a definitive choice to not be able to click things that are behind other things, unless specific conditions are applied (aka: the thing isn't large enough to be in the way, for example), so that you are more careful about where you place what, and so that you don't build Giant Spaghetti Monsters of Doom.

GregTech Website

• Sure it is possible to argue "hey the Cover should be in the way too when you harvest the Block", but that would be such a huge bitch to hack into MC)

I guess it depends on what your RP intention with the covers was. I always imagined

that the covers became part of the machines themselves, and some of them (like the

redstone switch cover) seem more like abstractions of modifications to the machine

than a literal plate stuck to the side of it. The current behaviour feels pretty natural

to me. The only mild annoyance is that a tiny piece of ProjectRed redstone wire stops

me from setting the cut-out temperature on my crucible unless I break the wire first

- even though it's only about 2% obscured, 98% clear - but I get that that's just a

an edge-case side effect of the blocking mechanic that I think you sufficiently justified

in the Q/A.

and so that you don't build Giant Spaghetti Monsters of Doom

You can still build Giant Spaghetti Monsters of Doom - you just have to plan your

build order more carefully. On every major build, there tends to come a point when

I am backing up through a 2x1m gap, 1m at a time, placing, wrenching, concreting

and hardening two different types of blocks at time...

I think my recycling Aqua Regia line is a bit of a Spaghetti Monster, and my old

layout for the 3 tower refinery definitely was, but I tidied it up significantly before

I expanded it. The Aqua Regia line is also wasting the excess chlorine produced in

the round trip, and finding a way to lay a line to siphon off the excess will make

it even more of a pile of spaghetti...

(aside: what do you think to vented chlorine hurting like vented steam?)

Which reminds me - I've now got enough Osmium to see me through at least one

copy of most end-game lines, and it's got me thinking about Field Emitters...

Are the Nether Stars intended to remain in the recipe or are they placeholder

recipes until you add something else later? You've said in the past that it should

be possible for a smart player to avoid grind through automation, but I can't

see any way to obtain the number of Nether Stars needed without grinding

hundreds and hundreds of Wither Skeletons.

Hope you're enjoying your break.