[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• The PR Wire should technically not block it, but Microblocks are very problematic in on themselves, so I dont really wanna touch them.

-

Yeah the Emitters and Receivers are having Recipes where I dont really know YET how to do it properly, at least for the "Gem" that is on their tip.

-

And for the GL thing, I would love to know which GL value got polluted to make that happen, so that I can reset that value manually in order to fix this stupid Bug.

Edit: And with Spaghetti Monster I mean Machines where you add more and more shit to them over the days, instead of planning them out in advance.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• I spent the last few days processing a bunch of sodalite ore and just tried to start electrolyzing the 20 or so stacks of sodalite dust in my MV electrolyzer and it won't do it. NEI says it needs 176 GU, and the MV electrolyzer is hooked up to a 4 amp MV line so it should be able to pull 256 eu/t. Why doesn't it work?

• Good Question, that SHOULD actually work. What else is hooked up to that 4 Amp Line? Maybe it consumes too much.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• The PR Wire should technically not block it, but Microblocks are very problematic in on themselves, so I dont really wanna touch them

Some of the microblocks logically should block, and others should in certain orientations

but not others - it would be far too much work sorting them manually into blocking and

non-blocking, and then there would still be all the other funny shaped blocks in all the

other mods too. It's really not worth it.

Yeah the Emitters and Receivers are having Recipes where I dont really know YET how to do it properly, at least for the "Gem" that is on their tip

If you're open to suggestions, could something like an Nd:YAG Rod fit?

You could have a double crystallization crucible recipe:

Yttrium Dust + Molten Aluminium + Oxygen ---> Yttrium Aluminium Garnet

Tiny Neodymium Pile + Molten Yttrium Aluminium Garnet + [Helium, Neon or Argon] ---> Nd:YAG Boule

(As far as Minecraft recipes go, this isn't dramatically far from the truth)

Then you can cut or lathe to get the rods, perhaps forming thicker rods first for

higher tier, which can then be cut or lathed down to multiple lower tier rods.

And for the GL thing, I would love to know which GL value got polluted to make that happen, so that I can reset that value manually in order to fix this stupid Bug.

Ah, I'm glad other people are having this bug. The last time I had similar graphical glitches

it was because my RAM was on it's last legs, and I was afraid it was happening again. I always

get a single texture corrupted - sometimes one angle on a GT chest, sometimes the vanilla

double chest, and sometimes the background to a specific inventory/machine screen. The

texture that appears is always a greyed/blackened chest texture.

Edit: And with Spaghetti Monster I mean Machines where you add more and more shit to them over the days, instead of planning them out in advance.

Ah, that makes sense.

I spent the last few days processing a bunch of sodalite ore and just tried to start electrolyzing the 20 or so stacks of sodalite dust in my MV electrolyzer and it won't do it. NEI says it needs 176 GU, and the MV electrolyzer is hooked up to a 4 amp MV line so it should be able to pull 256 eu/t. Why doesn't it work?

Does it work with the battery box directly adjacent to the electrolyser?

• The Chest Rendering Bug thingy is something I get myself too, and it annoys me a lot.

And the Battery Box might work, but a Transformer should work aswell.

GregTech Website

• Are there any special requirements when pumping out lava with a rotational pump? (The same (steel boiler, bronze rotational pump) setup worked for light oil, but did nothing for lava)

• The Pump works perfectly for Lava, I will test it again maybe an update broke it, but it SHOULD DEFINITELY work with Lava just as fine as it does with Water and Ocean Water.

GregTech Website

• I don't think it is a power issue since it isn't stalling. The automatic on/off switch cover never even tries to turn it on, and when I pry that off and throw in a pile of sodalite dust, it is not consumed and a cycle never begins. It seems to think this machine just can not process that dust.

There are other things on the line, but none of them are on, except for the crop harvester... but that hardly draws anything.

• Sorry Aluminum is not a correct spelling of any word that I know of, don't just make up random Words and tell me to use them.

Also there is only 1 Locale for GT6 and that is "English - Greg Version". I spell the words Color and Behavior without the additional british "u", because it simply sounds better when pronounced that way, and the word Aluminium with the proper scientific notation of containing an "i", because everyone in the world spells it with an "i", except Americans.

The only reason I dont call Tungsten Wolframium anymore, is because too many other Mods call it Tungsten already, and I want to avoid confusion. Similar thing is for Kalium and Natrium (Potassium and Sodium).

As for the Electrolyzer, I have no idea whats happening there, are you sure its actually an electrolyzer and not a Centrifuge Recipe?

GregTech Website

• I like the combination of "English - Greg Version" - the odd mix of British, American,

traditional pre-20th century German scientific and modern international standard.

It gives the impression of an alternate history.

But I will say the 'u' is not an "additional British 'u'" - it was always there until nationalist,

egalitarian and anti-British prescriptivists lead by Noah Webster decided to reform

American English. The thinking was that the older non-phonetic spellings exaggerated

the differences between the educated upper class and lesser educated lower class and

weren't compatible with the new America. If anything it's an "additional French 'u'".

Isn't etymology fun?

• But I will say the 'u' is not an "additional British 'u'" - it was always there until nationalist,

egalitarian and anti-British prescriptivists lead by Noah Webster decided to reform

American English.

Thou art a bit conservative (how to say a bit conservative in archaic?)

But etymology is really fun.

At least there were no deleted letters last century In English.

I'll try to figure this out on the weekend.

• is there any way to manually add ores that can be crushed with the auto hammer? some other mod variants of ores don't seem to break

Which Ores? All Ores should be supported by default.

And the Hammering Recipes are not in NEI, but they have a Recipe List.

GregTech Website

• Sorry Aluminum is not a correct spelling of any word that I know of, don't just make up random Words and tell me to use them.

Dude, don't be a dick. It's Aluminum in every American dictionary and periodic table of elements, and has been since before we led the world in mass producing the stuff in WWII. If you don't want to be bothered with maintaining actual localization, that's fine -- I just thought it was already localized and the US was wrong.

• I'm pretty sure that I made a joke there, especially with the explanation I gave below it should have clearly been a joke, dude. ;)

GregTech Website