[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Sounds weird, I will test that tomorrow, good night. ^^

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• so uhhm, which cover exactly is it? or is it even a cover? The EU Meter isn't a Cover it's a Sensor Block.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• KU and RU dont have any Axles right now that could convey them over distances, so you have to have motors and engines adjacent right now.

GregTech Website

• What's a good pre-distillation tower fuel? I finally built a semi-permanent giant-spaghetti-monster ore processing setup and it eats up a lot of fuel (it's kinda inefficient but it's the best I can do for now)

• so uhhm, which cover exactly is it? or is it even a cover? The EU Meter isn't a Cover it's a Sensor Block.

Ahh, that would explain it. So I just break the thing itself and it won't take the wire with it I guess...

Back to the Hay bales... you can throw a GT grass bale directly into the fermenter, but not the hay bale.

What's a good pre-distillation tower fuel? I finally built a semi-permanent giant-spaghetti-monster ore processing setup and it eats up a lot of fuel (it's kinda inefficient but it's the best I can do for now)

I've been farming carrots and squeezing them for carrot juice, filtering through dual generifiers, and fermenting with biomass then distilling to get bio-ethanol. Before that it was rum from fermenting squeezed sugar canes.

• Bear, I watched all of your GT6 update videos and then the first two with the group village on that same server I guess... and now I can't find the rest in that series. Where are they?

• Uhhm you don't need to Generify the Juices anymore, you can use them directly.

As for the Bales, yeah I added more Recipes regarding that area when I did the Bales for Rye, Oats, Barley and Rice.

GregTech Website

• Uhhm you don't need to Generify the Juices anymore, you can use them directly.

As for the Bales, yeah I added more Recipes regarding that area when I did the Bales for Rye, Oats, Barley and Rice.

Not carrot juice. Also generifying it doubles it. I also just noticed that apples juice for 100L but you need 250L to fill a bottle and then it only gives as much hunger as just eating the apple straight, so it seems kind of pointless, unless it is intended for use with environmine to give hydration?

Psusi could you send me screenshots of your setup?

The system is a little too spread out for a screen shot. I just have a squeezer with small bronze pipe feeding into two generifiers that then dump into a multblock wood tank, which then feeds more pipe over to the fermenter. That then goes into a knot of huge wood pipe ( with some bronze pipe to keep the wood away from the burning box ), which serves as a buffer for the biomass. That goes into the distillery with a fluid filter on the output to split the distilled water from the ethanol and pipe them off to their respective tanks.

The squeezer is powered by a bronze engine with two invar/lead boilers. The fermenter is powered by another invar burning box, and the fermenter by a dense invar burning box.

• Uhhm generifying Juices doesn't add a multiplier anymore, all Juices are 1:1 now. And yeah, the Juices are mainly for Hydration purposes, or for fermenting them into Alcohol.

GregTech Website

• Uhhm generifying Juices doesn't add a multiplier anymore, all Juices are 1:1 now. And yeah, the Juices are mainly for Hydration purposes, or for fermenting them into Alcohol.

Oh poop... cutting my juice in half is going to put some hurt on my fuel supply. I missed that in the changelog and have not updated since you added the big dynamos for not wanting my current setup nerfed. By the way, why instead of nerfing the old dynamos so much why didn't you split the difference? Take 5% from the old ones, and give an extra 5% to the big ones?

• What's a good pre-distillation tower fuel? I finally built a semi-permanent giant-spaghetti-monster ore processing setup and it eats up a lot of fuel (it's kinda inefficient but it's the best I can do for now)

What about methane+rum? It can be produced fully automatically using vanilla reed farm.

• 1) Reeds pressed to Reed Water + Remains (using steel engine, bronze press and 2x invar burners with bronze boilers - here I still have some energy loss)

2) Reed water then fermented to white rum.

3) Plant Remains with water fermented to biomass (liquid)

4) Liquid biomass fermented to methane

Update:

I thought that one press should support up to 4x rum fermenters but pair of them consumed whole reed water and still need a bit more.

• I had to nerf the smaller Turbines, simply because there is supposed to be an absolute maximum efficiency on the conversion of Heat->Rotation->Electric which is 50%, so I cannot ever make a better Turbine that violates that Rule, meaning I had to slightly nerf the smaller ones instead to make it worth using the larger ones at all.

GregTech Website

• Hi Greg.

Have you ever considered to release API standalone? Something that would have ores, items for materials like all ingots, rods, tool parts, etc, possible oregen and worldgen, basic game settings.....that would be easier to update to any new versions, as it would not have the machines, real connected functionality etc, (those would be distributed in main mod)?

The thing I am aiming at....that then we can spread the GT standards for material dictionary, oregen, OreDict and similar to even people that don't want to use GregTech itself - at least for now. Your work on this is really well done and it would include nearly anything that anyone could imagine to use in their mod/modpacks. Basic crafting parts, ores, etc. Everything would be unified under the Gregorius Techneticies Flag. Everybody could just use your list of metals, so there is not every second mod adding their own copper...etc.

I would really like something like that happening, as I really miss your features in situations where I am not able to install GT6. Other people often do those things not really properly, also it would be really lovely to be able to expand on features from API itself (mostly worldgen in this sense, and pushing people into using OreDict after years from its implementation), not needing core GT.

Yes, I know, it is kinda herezy to not have GT machines and stuff, but have items and oregen and similar, but well...it may be the way how to make unified system for everyone, then possibly indoctrinate more people to actually like this thing after all xD

The post was edited 2 times, last by HanakoCZ ().

• Yeah I agree, but sadly it is more complicated than you think. For example I cannot change the Mod ID of the Mod that adds the Ore Blocks (in this case Main-GT6 itself) without wrecking peoples existing Worlds, so I cannot just split off Features that already exist (what is something I should have thought about before). This essentially means that I cannot just make a Mod that for example adds just the non-Dungeon Worldgen, simply because if someone then decided to add GT6 itself to the Pack and remove the Ore Mod, it would break a lot of things. It might be possible to just make a separate internal Mod for that, but that would mean that you would end up with 2 different kinds of the same set of Ore Blocks in the end.

Maybe there is some way I don't know atm to make sure that I can use a different Mod ID for the same Ore Blocks without Worlds breaking apart. I saw some Mods do that. We will see what happens. ^^

GregTech Website

• Hi Greg!

As a solution to ModID problem it is possible to make some python (or whatever you like) tool to convert Worlds. That tool even may be integrated into main mod (on IClassTransformer level). But it is really a kind of work that someone should spend time on and that yield... what?