[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Its already out lol

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• No GUI for that thing, I try to stay away from adding any GUI to things like that. Why would you have Issues with the sequencial Dust Funnel Modes?

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• instances where i need to change from full dusts or small pile modes directly to 1/72nd piles to keep the stack in proper order splits up the stack when changing from higher tier through tiny dusts. it's just extra steps that would be mitigated by having a direct transition

• What exactly are you doing to require the Dust Funnel to constantly switch Sizes?!?

GregTech Website

• specific example: whenever you are using a centrifuge on a purified dust, it yields an extra tiny pile of dust. since the best direct size to build up to from tiny is normal dust (9 to 1 ratio) i usually have it on dust size. when the stack of the specific purified dust is finished, there may be some leftover secondary tiny dusts. i would prefer to have these in tiny dusts because that's what they come out as, but in order to get to tiny dust i have to pass over small dust. this leaves an improper ratio of small, and 1/72 dusts meaning i either need to break down or reform these into tiny dusts, or wait for another amount of the same sizes dusts

• Well, that is a weird usage for that. Well, I will add a shift click = cycle in reverse feature.

GregTech Website

• Hi! Me and my friends want to play on a gregtech server after the exam phase. Is there a reccomended modpack which we should use? Which reflects the "official" gregtech experience?

• Well there are these Packs from Bear989 http://bearsden.overminddl1.com/

GregTech Website

• how would we get compat for forestry backpacks? Dirty dust, dirty crushed ore and in general ore. Also just realized how op jujgles are with pffa.

you know i'm on my way when the entire landscape is quarried out of existence, it shall strike fear of your petty existence!

• apparently even with gt gen enabled magnesite and cinnabar have only showed themselves to me in the ocean.

you know i'm on my way when the entire landscape is quarried out of existence, it shall strike fear of your petty existence!

• I find that the sluice is the best place to get chromium,

washing ruby and uvarovite, with 8 x 25% chances to

get a tiny purified chromium ore.

For the electrolyzer, the regular ruby dusts slightly

outperform the purified versions, with 1 chromium

per 6 dusts, vs 1 tiny pile each (1 in 9).

However, the best approach is to combine them all:

For every 9 ruby ore blocks you get 18 crushed ores and

the equivalent in tiny dusts:

44 in 4 purified chromium ores from sluice

18 in 18 tiny Chromium dusts from electrolyzing purified dusts

27 in 3 chromium dusts from electrolyzing regular ruby dusts.

---

89 ~ which is 8 tiny dusts more than 1 chromium per ore block.

Uvarovite is similar until the final step. Subjectively though,

I've found it easier to mine for ruby than uvarorite. I've

consistently found more of the appropriate veins and found

it easier to selectively mine out the ruby than the uvarovite.

(edit: of course, with this approach you destroy the ruby in

the process... if you are planning on building lots of LU storage,

that may not be the best idea)

• Forgotten Elements

Lanthanum found in bastanite and monazite

Europium

Samarium

Rhodium

Scandium

Erbium

if its more common than Osmium idk maybe it should exist

also can we get an option for this

For Ore

I:Amount_0=.1 or .01 or maybe even .001

it just seems that even an amount of 1 is too common for some materials

with an iridium ore rate of 1 producing about 1 3000 ingots per 10 million rather than the realistic 1 in a billion. although realism is overkill it would be nice to be able to decrease this in its current state.

[ADDED] Clay veins below Dirt in Plains alike Biomes. So you can now have Clay Mining Pits

Yes! I have really wanted to build some brick buildings for a long time, but have

felt obliged to electrolyze all of my clay for lithium so far (mostly for HV batteries

for replacement drills and jackhammers), with a small amount diverted to make

construction foam. So far I've been building industrial buildings in construction

foam, and non-industrial buildings in Forestry's Cherry Wood. Being able to mix

in some brickwork for both will be awesome...

Oh no.... now I feel compelled to build Battersea Power Station... or maybe

Bankside.... maybe both? One at my original base, one at the restart location?

What have you done Greg?!

(A side question: I was at one staged seriously tempted to build in scaffolded

construction foam, with brick patterned canvas covers. In the end I was worried

that this might hit rendering performance - do you have an idea of how the cover

rendering performs relative to simple blocks? Does it render all similar covers in

a single pass, or are there multiple state changes during the rendering of each

block? Is it wise to build multiple 1000s blocks buildings in canvas covered CF?)

• What have you done Greg?!

I have added more Clay to the World. :P

The Side renders just like 2 regular Textures, thats the amount of passes you can expect. All GT6 Machines and Ores render with 2 Textures per Face, one Colored one uncolored. In case of the Canvas its only the Colored Background Texture and the Copied Texture.

GregTech Website

• The Side renders just like 2 regular Textures, thats the amount of passes you can expect.

I meant more in terms of how the draw calls are organised.

Say I have three scaffolded C-foam blocks: 1, 2, and 3.

Each has half the faces in Cherry (C) and half in Brick (B)

(just for example - I wouldn't actually build this)

Would the draw order be something like: 1C, 1B, 2C, 2B, 3C, 3B

or would it be more like: 1C, 2C, 3C, 1B, 2B, 3B?

Not familiar with the Minecraft specifics*, but in generic OpenGL

programming the first option could require 6 draw calls, whereas

the second only requires 2. For a CPU-bound game with masses

of headroom on the GPU this could make a big difference.

Are the draw calls dispatched in one big bundle for like-textured

faces, or in multiple draw calls per block?

(*I'm guessing Minecraft puts many low res textures together

into a single atlas with a simple per-face texture index, but I'm

also guessing that each mod's textures ends up on its own

atlas? In any case, this only makes a small draw call count

possible - it doesn't magically lead to fewer draw calls unless

the renderer actively takes advantage of this.)

Unless you already put a lot of work into a custom renderer,

I wouldn't expect the rendering of non-simple or TileEntity

containing blocks to have been designed for anywhere near as

many as GT makes use of, and adding thousands of extras as a

building material seems like tempting fate...

What's a jackhammer for? And why would you want to store a lot of LU? Also are there not transformers for LU?

The jackhammer is slightly faster than the drill and significantly

more efficient in terms of the high-value materials used to make

it. It also hits like a hammer, but that is mostly a negative by the

time you can manufacture it. I tend to use jackhammers to *find*

veins and then switch to the drill to dig them out.

And LU storage crystals have capacities FAR in excess of the

largest batteries. For EU, you lose a lot in the round trip, but it

might make sense to store up excess solar, RTG or nuclear

energy, rather than simply letting it go to waste.