[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• The jackhammer is slightly faster than the drill and significantly

more efficient in terms of the high-value materials used to make

it. It also hits like a hammer, but that is mostly a negative by the

time you can manufacture it. I tend to use jackhammers to *find*

veins and then switch to the drill to dig them out.

I see. What kind range would say, a mv blue steel jackhammer get for detecting ores?

And LU storage crystals have capacities FAR in excess of the

largest batteries. For EU, you lose a lot in the round trip, but it

might make sense to store up excess solar, RTG or nuclear

energy, rather than simply letting it go to waste.

Right, but the loss makes it unbearable to turn it back into EU, so it really only makes sense to save it up for using on mass fab right?

• Hello. Recently I've managed to travel to the End, to find platinum/iridium ore vein. All I found across the island - Molybdenum, Stannite and Magnesite veins. Is there's a way to "regenerate" the whole dimension to make new ores appear? MCEdit doesn't work here for obvious reasons.

• My Blocks literally render like actual Blocks, no extra fancy OpenGL Stuff. Every Block Renders as many Textures as an actual Stair Block would do (which consists just out of 2 Cuboids). So there is no shitty lag going out from it.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Note that this applies to the scaffolded CFoam and the Ore Blocks and similar ofcourse, the ones like Pipes or the Crucible render like 10-16 Blocks.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• just re-enabled underground biomes, apparently pfaa does not work in Twilight forest.

you know i'm on my way when the entire landscape is quarried out of existence, it shall strike fear of your petty existence!

• PFAA isnt configured to work on dimensions other than Overworld afaik.

GregTech Website

• So I used to use carrots which iirc, juiced for 125L, but doubled to 250L of generic juice in the generifier, and feed that into a fermenter powered by an invar burning box feeding biomass into a fermenter powered by a dense invar burning box to make bio-ethanol. I swear that used to very slowly lose generic juice in my wood tank, but when the biomass got too much and I shut off the fermenter for a bit, the generic juice would catch up, and it was all pretty well balanced.

I upgraded and switched to melons and started juicing full melon blocks for 250L x 9 of juice and generifying it, and man, my generic juice tank filled up pretty quick ( before I ever had to switch off the fermenter ). It seems like it should be about the same as when carrot juice gave half as much, but doubled in the generifier ( and the dual generifiers did not quite keep up so that made the juicer stall some times ), so why does it seem so much faster?

• Gregtech Clay Generation?

Cool!

can we have mineral clays as well? Granted PFAA already has that but, having our own clay does Give a phenomenal opportunity.

you know i'm on my way when the entire landscape is quarried out of existence, it shall strike fear of your petty existence!

• ive also noticed that when i throw pfaa bauxite or limonite in one of your furnaces it turns to stone

there is no means to convert the pfaa limonite to gt limonite.

The post was edited 1 time, last by EmperorHadriusIII ().

• I'm gonna be gone for a few days but, when i return i may start working on my own addon for your mod (more machienes or something i mean there is a guide)

• perhaps in addition to the current crucible could perhaps we see a return of Gt5 blast furnaces as they are the princibal means to proccess limonite. While realistically aluminum is sent through electrolosys many other metals including iron are sent into blast furnaces. Although bloomeries are generally used for the others. Considering these are among the most common ores especially with pfaa (no means to process ores from that mod)

• Umm... yes... generifiers are faster, but that doesn't make the squeezer produce juice faster, and yet it seems that it is.

well it produces 9 Melons in one step, meaning the Engine Frequency doesn't play that huge of a Role anymore, resulting in the Squeezer not stopping that often between processes.

GregTech Website

• will pfaa limonite, bauxite etc. Be fixed for use with Gt, cause as they are they aren't working

• limonite and bauxite are ores, ores HAVE TO BE CRUSHED before throwing them into the Crucible, I thought you would know such a basic thing,

GregTech Website

• well it produces 9 Melons in one step, meaning the Engine Frequency doesn't play that huge of a Role anymore, resulting in the Squeezer not stopping that often between processes.

Yea, but how much effect is that going to have? With a bronze engine powered by two invar burning boxes, it did not seem to be spending much time between processes with the carrots. I wouldn't expect to see more than a 10-20% difference from that, but it feels more like several times faster. I guess I'll try the slices and see how they fare, as well as measuring the actual juice output per whole melon.

• Oh the difference can be huge, it more than quarters the waiting time.

GregTech Website

• Oh the difference can be huge, it more than quarters the waiting time.

Can be as in if you use a dense invar engine to vastly overpower the squeezer or something? I would think that with the weakest engine there is ( and powered near the top of its range ) that it wouldn't be wasting that much, and watching the progress indicator seemed to confirm that the time spent with the bar full before the next cycle started was maybe 20%.