[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• What? you do get seeds from breaking Tall Grass, I know that because it gets annoying for me when collecting Grass.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• What? you do get seeds from breaking Tall Grass, I know that because it gets annoying for me when collecting Grass.

Not in Bear's GT Lite pack... hunger overhaul makes it so you have to hoe grass to get seeds.

Also, I just threw some sand copper ore into the crucible and it just vanished... no copper scrap, no glass scrap... nothing.

• never ever throw ore BLOCKs into the Crucible, you will only get Stone Dust

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• never ever throw ore BLOCKs into the Crucible, you will only get Stone Dust

I thought you got both the ore and stone, so you had to pick the stone out? So that means that sand ores are useless until you can make steel to make a sifting table? It is a little odd with the copper since you can smelt that into an ingot in a furnace, but throwing it into a crucible just destroys it.

It seems that you now need mercury instead of steel to make a thermometer. How the heck are you supposed to get that early game?

• I am not 100% sure, but can't you hammer the sand ores too?

As for Mercury, it is easy to get Cinnabar, either via Redstone Veins or via the Nether.

GregTech Website

• Meteoric Steel being (almost) craftable gives a much more comfortable-looking crucible-tree path, so that's nice.

I thought you got both the ore and stone, so you had to pick the stone out? So that means that sand ores are useless until you can make steel to make a sifting table? It is a little odd with the copper since you can smelt that into an ingot in a furnace, but throwing it into a crucible just destroys it.

It seems that you now need mercury instead of steel to make a thermometer. How the heck are you supposed to get that early game?

You get both ore and stone with crushed ores, not with ore blocks.

Technically you could make a bronze mechanical sifter instead of a steel sifting table, although I wouldn't - making steel is easy once you've got steam mechanisms anyway. (My strong preference for first powered machine is a centrifuge.)

As Greg said, cinnabar isn't hard to come by, and it converts to mercury very easily in the crucible.

• Yep, you read right =) GT6 is indipendent from ic2 now, and actually I think it has been for a while. The only thing from ic2 I miss is the hazmat suit, the rest I'm glad it's gone :D

• Not in Bear's GT Lite pack... hunger overhaul makes it so you have to hoe grass to get seeds.

hoe the ground for seeds, I did this do to what greg said about being annoyed by seeds collecting in your inventory, and no greg you cant hammer sand ores! it has to be sifted, it is sand after all!

• so close to fixing add on errors

yo bear you know anything about making an addon?

you know i'm on my way when the entire landscape is quarried out of existence, it shall strike fear of your petty existence!

• I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website

• Best way? The ONLY way is using a Mold. The Mold does accept Fluid Input., if you can insert all that is needed in one go.

GregTech Website

• Won't be worming on mod until maybe Monday. I just gotta catch em all

you know i'm on my way when the entire landscape is quarried out of existence, it shall strike fear of your petty existence!