[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• I noticed that the new bushes spawn with side pieces attached, but when I had a creeper blow one up, I only got the one piece to replace and the sides have not grown back. Is there a way to grow these things or are they world gen only?

• Bear989 (linked on Greg's page) has a resource pack that fixes the display issues.

Additionally, in Gregtech/Unification.cfg you can select the version GT unifies any oredict entry into, though this might break some RC recipes that Greg hasn't fixed to use oredicts.

• Bushes are Worldgen Only for now so be careful when you use them. And the Bush Sides are only for decorative purposes and to save on Space and Dirt, nothing else.

Also I updated GT6 with a few fixes and with a lot of improved Galacticraft Compat.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Hey Greg, I was playing in my server when today the server randomly crashed, while I was simply running in the desert looking for any flawless mineral (need the lens for my first boiler).

We are 3, and now every time I log (I am the host) the server crashes...

Ty so much for your support <3

• Ok, so how do you make the thermometer now? NEI says it now requires a mercury bottle. You can get liquid mercury from centrifuging cinnabar, but then you need an LV canning machine to put it in a bottle?

• Ok, so how do you make the thermometer now? NEI says it now requires a mercury bottle. You can get liquid mercury from centrifuging cinnabar, but then you need an LV canning machine to put it in a bottle?

Nope, you can use empty bottle on the facet, that is attached to centrifuge.

• It's also possible to melt 3 cinnabar into 1 mercury in crucible, then take it out using a bottle. Yes, that's lossy. And don't forget that mercury evaporates at relatively low temperature.

• Okay I see what is wrong, something (that I don't know about the cause of) corrupted a Chunk and one of my Blocks happens to have "seen" said corruption first, resulting in showing up in the stacktrace.

Sadly I can't tell you what corrupted that Chunk in the first place. If said corruption is far away from your base you might be able to simply delete a region subfile to fix that Issue (causing a whole lot of Chunks to be restored to what they were naturally), or better you could use WorldEdit Tools to remove that corrupted Chunk from your World.

As for lenses, tried Glass Blocks + Grindstone to make a Glass Lens?

How about adding a set of leveled glass like other gregtech leveled machines?

Making some fancy stained glass of high tier and resistance with expensive materials should be fun.

Yeah explosion resistant Glass might be something I should add. ^^

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Mmh. I do not want to use worldedit to save a region that I will never reach again, I'm too lazy :P So I've resolved tipping me to a friend in the exact moment I was joining in the server, and it worked. Thanks :D

Grinder + glass, cool. Got new objective.

Are you planning to add new type of armor? Something like steel armor, copper armor or a rework of nanosuit etc.

• Gregtech battery boxes and transformers drain power from Immersive Engineering generators and capacitors even when they are fully charged and without other consumers. I am missing something or there is workaround for this power drain?

• immersive Engineering Electric Stuff works with GT6 things? I did not know that.

I always try to go for a "GT6 Power -> Anything else" Solution when adding Compat in order to prevent reverse conversion Exploits, except for IC2, I do accept IC2 Power, and that is what IE is probably doing to my Stuff.

GregTech Website

• immersive Engineering Electric Stuff works with GT6 things? I did not know that.

I always try to go for a "GT6 Power -> Anything else" Solution when adding Compat in order to prevent reverse conversion Exploits, except for IC2, I do accept IC2 Power, and that is what IE is probably doing to my Stuff.

Yes, IM wires can output IC2 EU. I'm trying to hook up IM improved windmills as they are pretty fancy and not too OP as I think.

• Yay! I finally found GT oil! It spilled on the floor of my mining tunnel and so I picked it up with a measuring pot, but I can't seem to dump it back out into a hole off to the side. Why can't it be placed back down?

• Measuring Pots cannot place Fluids for security reasons, because if you misclick by accident they would spill the Fluid and mess up shit.

GregTech Website

• I figured that after I posted, then I tried placing the pot on the ground and clicking on it with a bucket to transfer it figuring that the bucket could then place the oil in the world. The bucket won't take from the pot. Is there any way to transfer it?

• I am blocked on a stupid point.. How can i make oil? :P

I mean.. Shall I use the oil of the ic2, the one that's common in desert, right? (I need to do every roil related stuff like plastic and etc.)

By the way, how much ram should a server use with only gt6? I have a server with gt6 and other mods (like thaumcraft, chickenchunks and fastcraft) and it only uses around 500 gb ram.

Image of ram usage

I use a medium pc (rx 480 4gb, 8 gb ram ddr3 1866 ghz, amd fx 8320 3.5 ghz octacore) and it lags alot. Bear said his server uses alot more ram, a fresh server about 1.5G.

• I would say 1GB if it is 1 or 2 Players, maybe a bit more if you need to load more Chunks at once.

And Oil is all Underground kinda like Ores.

GregTech Website