[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Hidden; as in it does not show up. Search for Astatine in NEI and you will not see the ingots or plates etc that can be made from it. Search for the use of dolamide though, and you can follow the chain from there down through the crucible to ingots and then plates and such.

• OHHHHH Astatine does not have a Color assigned I bet, no wonder its hidden!

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• OHHHHH Astatine does not have a Color assigned I bet, no wonder its hidden!

I've seen you say that before, but don't understand what it means. There's an image for it that is whiteish in color. What is this other meaning of an assigned "color", and why does NEI refuse to show things without one?

• Oh simple, "no Color" usually means that I didn't care about that Material yet to even assign one (more than half the Elements dont have an assigned Color yet). And to reduce NEI clutter I hide those Materials automatically, since they are pretty much unused.

Also "No Color" = "White", so you see the image in a raw uncolored State.

I sometimes simply dont think that the Material is unused whenever I add something outputting it, only when something takes it as an Input I actually look at it.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• where do i find asphalt coloring materials like "gneiss, dacite, siltstone, chalk, eclogite, andesite, green schist, komatiite, migmatite, limestone, shale" etc for all the ones except the common ones like marble stone basalt.. 30+ days of game hours haven't found a single one of them. are they only found in specific biomes i haven't discovered? or are they only available from their stone bearing forms?

• All of those are mostly from the Underground Biomes Mod, if you want to color Asphalt, just use liquid Dye for it.

GregTech Website

• I tend to use the spray can after the asphalt is placed - I find this gives a lot more

flexibility. Same with construction foam - I used to make it in the cheapest most

farmable colour and then spray light grey after it's placed - I forget whether it's

4x or 8x cheaper than mixing the dye in during manufacture, but I remember it

was worth doing (I guess the justification is that the spray paints the surface,

whereas the mixer mixes it right through?). Eventually I set up an automated

cow-grinder to extract bonemeal from the ribs - combined with a form of

fusion I have found all the light grey dye I will ever need...

• yeah the whole list of byproducts, as for the Painting things part, I think I made pre-dyeing exactly the same as Spraying.

GregTech Website

• Tiny purified ore / nugget / tiny dust has equal chances 33% for metals for getting as byproducts by washing crushed ore in cauldron and

only tiny dust with washing dust. Right?

• Tiny purified ore / nugget / tiny dust has equal chances 33% for metals for getting as byproducts by washing crushed ore in cauldron and

only tiny dust with washing dust. Right?

the chances are identical yeah it just selects a random one of the list.

I've done small calculator for Burning Box + Smelting Crucible.

It can count how many fuel units you have to burn to smelt your materials.

Maybe someone can find it useful - Smelting Calculator.

maybe an english one might be good?

GregTech Website

• It did turn into nickel at 891K, but then of course, at that temperature, nickel is solid.

It's understandable, but it's a kind of disinformation for those who don't know about it.

For such recipes as magnetite+ash NEI shows right temperature of iron melting, not magnetite or ash melting.

• I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website

• Heya greg, its been a while but i've finally gotten back to GT6. I've gotten the latest version *.41 and I have a couple things to say:

1. The sticks and stones appear white on Journeymap

2. Will we ever see GT5-like material formulas on items? I played a lot of GT5 before and I think it was great having the composition of the thing right on it.