[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• potential bug: i have a crafting recipe that requires, but does not consume buckets. when i tried to create this recipe in an advanced crafting table, it also consumed the buckets.

Edit: the mod is logistics pipes, and the recipe is for basic fluid logistics pipes

• Heya greg, its been a while but i've finally gotten back to GT6. I've gotten the latest version *.41 and I have a couple things to say:

1. The sticks and stones appear white on Journeymap

2. Will we ever see GT5-like material formulas on items? I played a lot of GT5 before and I think it was great having the composition of the thing right on it.

1. Nothing I could do about that really.

2. I'm not sure if I am ever going to re-add that Feature, so I cant say anything certain about that.

potential bug: i have a crafting recipe that requires, but does not consume buckets. when i tried to create this recipe in an advanced crafting table, it also consumed the buckets.

Edit: the mod is logistics pipes, and the recipe is for basic fluid logistics pipes

Empty Buckets always get consumed afaik, only the filled ones don't.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• This mod is 10/10 but I think still the custom veins, custom small ores, and custom bedrock ores (no one likes bedrock ores) needed a valid ore material of choice otherwise it would make useless ores or it might crash the game. Best mod so far. ^^

Color Codes and Format Codes for the rules:

Red Meaning Don't Read that.

Green Meaning must Read that.

Blue Meaning everytime someone swears (like extensive bad language) on purpose it will be changed into a not a swearing text. Since I cannot delete other peoples text unless I am a admin or something that allows to get rid of the extensive bad language post. I absolutely hated swearing or worse extensive bad language.

Yellow Meaning That is incorrect.

Purple Meaning Spelling Correction

• This mod is 10/10 but I think still the custom veins, custom small ores, and custom bedrock ores (no one likes bedrock ores) needed a valid ore material of choice otherwise it would make useless ores or it might crash the game. Best mod so far. ^^

Invalid ones just cause nothing to spawn, If you do common Typos that are even in the OreDict (like "Aluminum" instead of "Aluminium") it will still work just fine. I think I will add Error Messages to the GregTech.log so that people can see what Material was wrong, and maybe better Error handling, but crashes dont happen anyways.

Bedrock Ores are generating since years, but I didnt use them yet, I plan to use them as "infinite Sources of one type of Ore" with a Drill alike Block that has to be palced ontop of them.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• WAILA says a lot that is wrong regarding harvestability. Spawners are hard to break, maybe that is your Issue? Because I gave them a strong hardness to discourage breaking them.

GregTech Website

• don't know if this is the right place to post this. Please don't ban if this was a snafu on my part. Will gladly delete and post in correct place.

• Seems like your Minecraft Forge install is corrupted, try installing Forge again. Other than that this cant be caused by GT6 itself, as I have exactly the same Modpack as you, for quick tests.

I tried an obsidien pickaxe. I would think that a pick that can mine diamonds could break a spawner. What does it take?

Obsidian pickaxes are slow as fuck as far as I know. Does the Pickaxe start to mine it or does it not mine it at all? Remember it can take AGES for the Spawner to break so I have to know if it is just a patience issue or an actual one.

GregTech Website

• Oh, so it is just ridiculously long? Like longer than trying to break obsidian with your fists in survival? After a minute or so I saw no cracks appearing so I assumed it was just not working.

• Oh, so it is just ridiculously long? Like longer than trying to break obsidian with your fists in survival? After a minute or so I saw no cracks appearing so I assumed it was just not working.

Yes it is even longer than the hardened c-foam stone however it is not like bedrock where it is unbreakable. You could disable reinforced spawners in the gregtech config however it may have a exploit though. Just be careful.

Color Codes and Format Codes for the rules:

Red Meaning Don't Read that.

Green Meaning must Read that.

Blue Meaning everytime someone swears (like extensive bad language) on purpose it will be changed into a not a swearing text. Since I cannot delete other peoples text unless I am a admin or something that allows to get rid of the extensive bad language post. I absolutely hated swearing or worse extensive bad language.

Yellow Meaning That is incorrect.

Purple Meaning Spelling Correction

• Nah I did it because Spawners are usually either valuable things or way too easy to break in Dungeons from other mods

GregTech Website

• And said Hardness, along with the Tool Speed, is determining how fast you mine something, so guess where that "Single Use Obsidian Pickaxe Dungeon Spawner Pick Up" happens.

GregTech Website

• Empty Buckets always get consumed afaik, only the filled ones don't.

do you mean for general recipes, or just for gregtech related recipes? because i can think of 3 distinct other mod related objects that require, but do not consume empty buckets:

1. LXP absorber (liquid exp)

2. buildcraft pump (buildcraft)

3. logistics fluid basic pipe (logistics pipes)

attached are images of crafting 10 logistics fluid basic pipes with a second image of the buckets not consumed