[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• I am looking at tryng Gregtech 6. I used 5 in the past. One thing I loved was the block physics of Enviromine. I know in the description it says it will not work with any Gregtech blocks, so is their anything similar that will give block physics like that mod did? For example, like sand, dirt and loose gravel would fall the same. Blocks you dug around with no support would fall etc.

• I am looking at tryng Gregtech 6. I used 5 in the past. One thing I loved was the block physics of Enviromine. I know in the description it says it will not work with any Gregtech blocks, so is their anything similar that will give block physics like that mod did? For example, like sand, dirt and loose gravel would fall the same. Blocks you dug around with no support would fall etc.

Not compatible with GT6 Ores or Blocks as far as I know. Maybe just disable all the TileEntity containing Blocks from physics. That applies to all Ores, Storage Blocks and Machines.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• I'm confused; didn't the shredder become easier to make, not harder?

The crusher got easier to make, the shredder got significantly harder to make.

The actual shredder recipe didn't change, but the tier 1 cutter lost the ability

to cut diamonds to diamond plates, and cobalt brass for a tier 2 cutter became

much harder to make, so the shredder went from requiring a regular diamond

to requiring a much rarer flawless diamond (at least until after you have to ability

to process aluminium). If you don't find a diamond vein early, it's very slow going

breaking enough small diamond ores to find even 1 flawless diamond.

However, the centrifuge buff in the last update largely side-steps this problem.

• It seems that there's an issue with MoCreatures. Water creatures (dolphins and sharks) can't swim around in seawater. Only Gregtech, MoCreatures, JAS and BiomesOPlenty are installed.

Updated:

Yep, they don't move in seawater. I disabled seawater in the config and creatures swim normal in oceans now.

How vital is seawater might be in the game? I could just disable it

• You can easily disable it, sure. It's one of those damn unfixable Bugs...

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• I found there've been a recipe change with plates, and I am confused that now plate can not made by hammers, so how can we craft first machine which needs plates?

also, double plates now can only made by welding, but welding machine needs circuit, which means we cannot make double plates until we get electric, so how can we make first rolling mill since it needs double plates?

• I found there've been a recipe change with plates, and I am confused that now plate can not made by hammers, so how can we craft first machine which needs plates?

also, double plates now can only made by welding, but welding machine needs circuit, which means we cannot make double plates until we get electric, so how can we make first rolling mill since it needs double plates?

Do you have an older Version of QwertTech installed? The Hammer Recipes all got messed up on my end thanks to me adding compat a bit too soon.

GregTech Website

• You can easily disable it, sure. It's one of those damn unfixable Bugs...

Does this happen with swamp water and other types of water (if there are more)? Sorry, won't be able to check it for myself very soon as I'm working :(

• Yeah Swampwater has the same Issue, that Mob AI is too stupid to swim in it...

GregTech Website

• For some reason I can't extrude basalt dusts into basalt hammer heads.

Probably because Basalt isn't an extrudable Material. If it isn't working after this release it's likely not gonna happen because I decided agaisnt it.

GregTech Website

• Hey Greg.

Is the worldgen code broken, or is this working as intended?

8yZ7GCc.png

Very often you'll find veins with some chunks completely or almost completely (at most a few rows of ores, usually at the lower x coords) devoid of ore blocks.

I got thinking about it while trying to figure out some kind of world gen corruption where one chunk of a gt redstone vein had generated as iron blocks and tnt while some surface blocks (gt stones?) were turned into blocks from another mod..

AwiB7RT.png

• That one Chunk missing is because you are close to a region file border and MC fucks up saving the data to the file properly.

As for the random Blocks, that is a general world corruption issue. Happens when you add or remove Mods usually.

New rock types... Will they generate in world?

Yes they do. You can remove Et Futurum and Chisel Rock Types entirely now.

GregTech Website

• That one Chunk missing is because you are close to a region file border and MC fucks up saving the data to the file properly.

As for the random Blocks, that is a general world corruption issue. Happens when you add or remove Mods usually.

I see it every other vein on a redstone-ready flat map. Meanwhile I tested a random older ver (6.03.01) and every vein I came across was nice and uniform with no obviously missing chunks. So you'll have to forgive me for thinking there's still some bugs lurking in the generation code you are using now :P

As for the corruption:

In this case I was checking out the diorite/andesite gen in the test version, so it was a newly created world that had not experienced any mod additions, updates or removals. Could of course be some other mod's worldgen that is causing the problem.

The other times I've seen these corruptions they've always been reproducible. A newly created world with the same seed would show the same corruption at (or close to) the previous coords. I've just bothered investigating it properly.

• Gregorius your gregtech 6 mod is released?

https://gregtech.overminddl1.com/1.7.10/

Ofcourse it is, more than a hundred Versions by now.

GregTech Website

• "Vanilla" Granite, Diorite and Andesite. Does they require a level 0 pickaxe+ or level 3 pickaxe+ Because GT Black Granite, and Red Granite is level 3 pickaxe+

Color Codes and Format Codes for the rules:

Red Meaning Don't Read that.

Green Meaning must Read that.

Blue Meaning everytime someone swears (like extensive bad language) on purpose it will be changed into a not a swearing text. Since I cannot delete other peoples text unless I am a admin or something that allows to get rid of the extensive bad language post. I absolutely hated swearing or worse extensive bad language.

Yellow Meaning That is incorrect.

Purple Meaning Spelling Correction