[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• GT6 Fluid containers I guess. There is plenty of those :P

Also vanilla Water Bottles arent stackable so they were useless anyways.

Like Capsules, Wooden buckets, Measuring Cups, jugs, thermos can, and porcelain cup as well.

Color Codes and Format Codes for the rules:

Red Meaning Don't Read that.

Green Meaning must Read that.

Blue Meaning everytime someone swears (like extensive bad language) on purpose it will be changed into a not a swearing text. Since I cannot delete other peoples text unless I am a admin or something that allows to get rid of the extensive bad language post. I absolutely hated swearing or worse extensive bad language.

Yellow Meaning That is incorrect.

Purple Meaning Spelling Correction

• Nice work on all the recent compat stuff and bug fixes. I had some time to test stuff in the new version today, and I just wanted to confirm that pretty much all the bugs I've reported have been fixed, including the thing with the Ender Garbage Bin (I can run my Coke Oven uninterrupted again!). One thing I noticed though. The vanilla Flint item lists the tool stats now in the tooltip, but it's still missing "Possible Tool Enchantments".

I don't think this is a bug, but it might be an oversight: GT Hoppers remember their configured stack-size when harvested, but not whether or not they were set to "exact" or "divisible" mode.

For this next thing, I'm not sure if there's anything that can be done to fix it, but I figured I'd report it anyway. iChun's Gravity Gun and Portal Gun mods let you pick up blocks and place them down elsewhere (Gravity Gun uses right-click, Portal Gun uses a hotkey, "g" by default, I think.) Doing this with a GregTech ore causes the ore to become visually bugged (it becomes an Empty/Unknown Ore), but doesn't seem to affect the ore you get from harvesting it.

• BC oil still generates like usual, I did not disable it.

I don't think this is a bug, but it might be an oversight: GT Hoppers remember their configured stack-size when harvested, but not whether or not they were set to "exact" or "divisible" mode.

I will fix that. Clearly an oversight.

For this next thing, I'm not sure if there's anything that can be done to fix it, but I figured I'd report it anyway. iChun's Gravity Gun and Portal Gun mods let you pick up blocks and place them down elsewhere (Gravity Gun uses right-click, Portal Gun uses a hotkey, "g" by default, I think.) Doing this with a GregTech ore causes the ore to become visually bugged (it becomes an Empty/Unknown Ore), but doesn't seem to affect the ore you get from harvesting it.

Explain what you mean please. Does it delete the Data on the Ore Block or does it just glitch the sync of the Ore Block, and when you harvest it after placing it, it will still drop the proper Item?

And for the Flint Enchant Tooltips, yeah I need to fix that too I guess, depending on how I made it work.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Explain what you mean please. Does it delete the Data on the Ore Block or does it just glitch the sync of the Ore Block, and when you harvest it after placing it, it will still drop the proper Item?

It looks like it just glitches the sync of the ore block. I can grab the block with the gravity gun, then drop it and after it's dropped the texture and tooltip are wrong, but the data seems intact. I tested it with a small gravel entropy ore - you still need a Q: 3 shovel to harvest it, and once you do harvest it, you get infused entropy gems/ore as expected. Also, if you leave the world and rejoin it, the ore will no longer be visibly glitched.

• Yeah definitely a Sync Glitch. I bet that happens to all GregTech TileEntities that dont have a ticking System. probably including Multiblock Parts, PrefixBlocks and some others.

Would you please check if Multiblock Parts (not the Main Blocks) such as Tank Walls do the same Sync Problem? They might go "invisible" when they arent in Sync btw, as they use a different Default.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Hello Greg, is it possible to change worldgen config only for one dimension? I mean, I can have two or more dimensions that are marked as default overworld, thus same worldgen would apply to them, however, I would want to have one of them AMPLIFIED or similar - aka mountains of double heights (possibly even water level at something like Y200, so there would be A LOT of underground space). However one can rewrite all coordinates to ore worldgen, so they spawn in a full range of expected terrain, but that would mean also that original main normal dimension would get affected as well.

Is there any way to get a split like that? I know there is possibility to use COG for per-dimension rules, but then I would lose GT-oregen, which I wanted to preserve.
    Can you make something like "first look into the folder of dimension, if there will be worldgen config, use that instead of main one" ? Then one could alter worldgen for any dimension he has, with quite cool possibilities. Also it would mean that I can do it for all possible dimensions added by any mod, as I just can drop copy of config to their folder and alter what I want.

• Yeah definitely a Sync Glitch. I bet that happens to all GregTech TileEntities that dont have a ticking System. probably including Multiblock Parts, PrefixBlocks and some others.

Would you please check if Multiblock Parts (not the Main Blocks) such as Tank Walls do the same Sync Problem? They might go "invisible" when they arent in Sync btw, as they use a different Default.

The gravity gun won't let me grab most of your blocks. It has some internal logic it employs to avoid picking up certain things that could result in crashes or items/fluids being lost. I built a coke oven (Fire Bricks), wooden tank (Wood Wall), and stainless steel tank (Stainless Steel Wall), but the gravity gun can't pick up any of the blocks they're made out of (walls or main block). I also tried it on some of your non-multiblocks like pipes, wires, the crucible, molds, etc. These can't be picked up either.

However, the prefix blocks (Crate of Carborundum Ingot, Block of Blue Sapphire, Block of Copper Dust, etc.) can be picked up, and as you suspected these are affected by the problem as well.

The post was edited 1 time, last by theJ89: clarity ().

• Hello Greg, is it possible to change worldgen config only for one dimension? I mean, I can have two or more dimensions that are marked as default overworld, thus same worldgen would apply to them, however, I would want to have one of them AMPLIFIED or similar - aka mountains of double heights (possibly even water level at something like Y200, so there would be A LOT of underground space). However one can rewrite all coordinates to ore worldgen, so they spawn in a full range of expected terrain, but that would mean also that original main normal dimension would get affected as well.

Is there any way to get a split like that? I know there is possibility to use COG for per-dimension rules, but then I would lose GT-oregen, which I wanted to preserve.
    Can you make something like "first look into the folder of dimension, if there will be worldgen config, use that instead of main one" ? Then one could alter worldgen for any dimension he has, with quite cool possibilities. Also it would mean that I can do it for all possible dimensions added by any mod, as I just can drop copy of config to their folder and alter what I want.

Ohhh, that is uhhm, not quite easy to be honest. There is a Dimension Blacklist that can be set to false for every Ore that isnt supposed to spawn and then just have a ton of Custom Ores, but it is a clusterfuck to be honest.

Also the new Worldgen since GT 6.07.00 is very different aswell, and currently not even configurable in the slightest aside from ON/OFF.

GregTech Website

• Only the Oils? Then it might be my Issue, I will fix that.

GregTech Website

• Only the Oils? Then it might be my Issue, I will fix that.

At least that is a bug. Unlike the obsolete vanilla water bottles. If they have 0 mb maybe they should be not a container fluid.

Blue Meaning everytime someone swears (like extensive bad language) on purpose it will be changed into a not a swearing text. Since I cannot delete other peoples text unless I am a admin or something that allows to get rid of the extensive bad language post. I absolutely hated swearing or worse extensive bad language.

• It looks like chisel can convert between regular stone and GT granite.

DAMNIT, I hate that Mod being garbage about its Recipes......

GregTech Website

• DAMNIT, I hate that Mod being garbage about its Recipes......

Yeah, Exploits. I am for it. 8o

• Possible oversight. Fire Charges are considered a firestarter for crafting purposes (they are in the same oredict as all the other GT firestarters, craftingFirestarter) but you can't actually use one to light a burning box or coke oven (probably other GT devices as well, but I haven't tested).

Edit: Another thing I just remembered. The tooltip for minecraft:flint is also missing the chemical formula.

Edit: Another minor issue. When playing with both Techguns and EnderIO, it seems GregTech prefers to unify ingotObsidianSteel to EnderIO Dark Steel instead of Techguns Obsidian Steel. I prefer the EnderIO variant so that's not a big deal, the problem is Techguns doesn't use oredict ingredients for the Hardened Steel Barrel recipe; it wants 6 of its own Obsidian Steel and won't accept EnderIO Dark Steel.

The post was edited 2 times, last by theJ89: Discovered another issue ().

• Yeah Fire Charges wont start GT6 Stuff, that's somewhat intended as Fire Charges are more of a Block you place down.

Chemical Formula Fixed.

And Unification now prefers TechGuns Obsidian Steel.

Also what I wanted to mention the current Main Version that is out does have the Carpenters Block harvesting fixed.

GregTech Website

• Carpenters Block harvesting fixed.

More Exploits. I am still for It. Too bad the easy kill bosses don't exists no more. I need More Exploits to make the Modpack easier.

• I've finished my universal gt machine UI template for rus minecraft wiki and when you have time please take a look and make your suggestions and notes

for appearance and structure. Especially waiting notes from GregoriusT  ^^

It's on russian but it is not too hard to understand and has a tooltip on a progress arrow with original machine name on english.

https://minecraft-ru.gamepedia.com/Шаблон:Сетка/Обработка/док