[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Wait is this is like tic (Tinkers Construct) but more deadlier. I think tic is the best mod still, but however they have time to smelt. Anything death related, screw this I am out of here.

So this is what happened: My manual crucible setup uses a Dense Invar Burning Box and a Ceramic Crucible. I threw in 16 Blue Sapphires into the crucible, it filled up the crucible, then I turned on the burning box and it started heating up slowly. The temperature was approaching the melting point, around this time I turned my back for a few seconds to take a sip of my drink. Next thing I know, the crucible's empty and the thermometer's reading 2400 K. Oops.

The post was edited 1 time, last by theJ89: typo ().

• So this is what happened: My manual crucible setup uses a Dense Invar Burning Box and a Ceramic Crucible. I threw in 16 Blue Sapphires into the crucible, it filled up the crucible, then I turned on the burning box and it started heating up slowly. The temperature was approaching the melting point, around this time I turned my back for a few seconds to take a sip of my drink. Next thing I know, the crucible's empty and the thermometer's reading 2400 K. Oops.

Because most stuff in GT6 is (or can be) automated, and because a lot of processes take

a very long time, it rarely makes sense to pause the game when tabbing into another

window, making a drink, or going to the bathroom, etc. Instead, I simply press "E" to bring

up the inventory and free the mouse pointer, alt-tab out of the game and leave it running in

the background. However... since these are all occasions where I would normally pause any

other game, on some level my brain registers this act as pausing. On more than one occasion

I've returned to find a death screen, the contents of my inventory strewn across the map, and

either: a) a horde of mobs under a night sky; or b) a fiery void where my crucible used to be....

• Wait is this is like tic (Tinkers Construct) but more deadlier. I think tic is the best mod still, but however they have time to smelt. Anything death related, screw this I am out of here.

I found the idea of the smeltery fascinating when I first heard about it, but after playing with it for less 2 hours and obtaining a diamond level ( alumite ) pickaxe that would never break and only needed one more unit of the easily obtainable material to repair every once in a great while, i realized it was stupidly overpowered and never wanted to play with it again.

• I have been probing lots more ore veins trying to find molybinite ( a bed to get rid of the night, and a blue power canvas bag to throw all of the rocks into really helped ), and I noticed an odd bug. Digging down at a chunk border randomly makes the blocks in the direction of one of the chunks go invisible or turn blue. This is probably a vanilla bug, but does anyone else get this and does anyone know of a workaround? It's quite annoying.

• I found the idea of the smeltery fascinating when I first heard about it, but after playing with it for less 2 hours and obtaining a diamond level ( alumite ) pickaxe that would never break and only needed one more unit of the easily obtainable material to repair every once in a great while, i realized it was stupidly overpowered and never wanted to play with it again.

Perhaps it is best if tools are reusable, or a 3x3 pattern.

Color Codes and Format Codes for the rules:

Red Meaning Don't Read that.

Green Meaning must Read that.

Blue Meaning everytime someone swears (like extensive bad language) on purpose it will be changed into a not a swearing text. Since I cannot delete other peoples text unless I am a admin or something that allows to get rid of the extensive bad language post. I absolutely hated swearing or worse extensive bad language.

Yellow Meaning That is incorrect.

Purple Meaning Spelling Correction

• Perhaps it is best if tools are reusable, or a 3x3 pattern.

Not sure what you mean there. The problems I see with TiC is that if you just dig a staircase down to bedrock anywhere you are almost guaranteed to find some aluminum and some lava, and that's all you need to make a diamond tier pickaxe. Then repairing it only takes one unit of the same material and no xp, and aluminite has quite a bit of durability too.

• GT6 has similarly powerful and inexhaustible tools too, e.g. carborundum pickaxe

(stats equal to diamond, made from processed sand and charcoal/sugarcane).

I think the difference is that you need to really invest in the tech tree before

they become available (iridium or better crucible, electrolyser, acid processing...)

• I saw that soild fuels now show their burning time in their tooltips which is good, but I wonder what is the unit of the burning time(t/item?).

Also centrifuge 1 Purified Fluorine ore will give 1 dust + 0.333L Fluorine, and the dust cannot convert to gas form according to NEI. Is that intended?

• Seems like ByProd chance for cauldron washing of pure dust is 4th, but i'm still getting ~46 byprod items from stack.

Seems like it's a chance to NOT get byprod, bcoz there is a condition

if (mByProductPrefixes.length > 0 && RNGSUS.nextInt(mChance) > 0)

• Hey greg

After having spent some way too many hours of mining and looking for your dungeons (found 6 so far) I was wondering If there's any lists where you can see the worldgen conditions for specific ore veins. I noticed that Tetrahedrite spawns in limestone, Olivine seems to spawn in black granite?, Chalcopyrite definitely spawns in marble, Pyrope spawns in Green shits etc, I found 1 sparse sheldonite vein in black granite too... I can't seem to find any of these conditions in your config files and you don't list them in your changelog AFAIK.

• Hey greg

After having spent some way too many hours of mining and looking for your dungeons (found 6 so far) I was wondering If there's any lists where you can see the worldgen conditions for specific ore veins. I noticed that Tetrahedrite spawns in limestone, Olivine seems to spawn in black granite?, Chalcopyrite definitely spawns in marble, Pyrope spawns in Green shits etc, I found 1 sparse sheldonite vein in black granite too... I can't seem to find any of these conditions in your config files and you don't list them in your changelog AFAIK.

I doubt Greg will give it away =P I hope this will help anyway: cassiterite/stannite/kesterite veins spawn in marble, diamond/garphite veins spawn in basalt with black granite on top (I'm not 100% sure about this one), galena/pyrite veins spawn in limestone

Unsaid, unheard.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Xenon ().

• GT6 has similarly powerful and inexhaustible tools too, e.g. carborundum pickaxe

I think the difference is that you need to really invest in the tech tree before

they become available (iridium or better crucible, electrolyser, acid processing...)

I did not notice that was better the blue steel. I guess I'll be making my picks out of that now. Unless I decide to go for titanium alumide.

I've been using Tungstensteel tools up until today, without knowing that Tungsten carbide had exactly the same quality/durability/speed, which means I was just wasting my steel. Ugh...

• I decided to build an automated line for aqua regia ore-processing. Before actually doing it I made diagrams for Nickel ore and Cassiterite ore.

For the nickel case you can recycle 100% of aqua regia you use, but for cassiterite you lose 1,000L of Nitrogen Monoxide for each ore. Is this intended? I don't see the legit reason why some of the solvent should be lost in this process.

Also, for the nickel case you get slightly more Hydrogen than you use (in the form of water). Where is the excess Hydrogen is coming from? Ore itself?

• Oh, and I have one more question Greg. (Sorry for my consecutive posts.)

Tooltip for some materials no longer displays their chemical formula in recent versions.

For instance, Kesterite Dust had something like "CuSnZnS_2" under the name of item but now it shows nothing.

Is this a bug, or intended?

It was handy because I could easily tell that "Oh it has sulfur so it can be roasted" without looking at NEI.

• I did not notice that was better the blue steel. I guess I'll be making my picks out of that now. Unless I decide to go for titanium alumide.

Pretty sure Blue Steel is better for weapons though, due to its Enchants.

Oh yeah that missing Tooltip is a Bug, its fixed next Version. ^^

You dont lose any Nitrogen in the NO from the NO2 Process. Only Oxygen is lost if anything, not Nitrogen.

3000L NO2 minus Oxygen = 2000L NO, then that minus the Oxygen again and you get 1000L Nitrogen. Also always calculate with Units when checking the balance of Recipes instead of using Liters.

For that Nickel to Hydrogen case uhhm, yeah lets assume its in the Ore somewhere because I don't wanna break the processing chain of it, and Hydrogen is a minor thing.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Seems like ByProd chance for cauldron washing of pure dust is 4th, but i'm still getting ~46 byprod items from stack.

Seems like it's a chance to NOT get byprod, bcoz there is a condition

if (mByProductPrefixes.length > 0 && RNGSUS.nextInt(mChance) > 0)

GregoriusT please tell me something :(

• GregoriusT please tell me something :(

Uhhhm well guess what the chance then is. I can be wrong at times, you know. XD

-----

Also someone said they monkeywrenched a Burning Box and the Game Crashed, could you elaborate a bit more? There was way too many messages since I got that particular report.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Wont be changed. I guess it fits like that.

GregTech Website