[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Actually zinc-chloride, acetic, sodium-salt, and ferrous-phophate batteries predate alkalines and lead-acid by decades, centuries, several decades, and years respectively.

Not counting capacitor-esque stuff since they wouldn't be able to run actual machinery or lights for any length.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• GREEEEG!

Not sure if bug, intended omission, or incomplete:

Red Steel can't be made because there's no apparent recipe or way to make HSLA-steel

Also the stupid april fool's is still in effect MAKEITSTOPPLZ ;.; Latest version 6.07.08

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• GREEEEG!

Not sure if bug, intended omission, or incomplete:

Red Steel can't be made because there's no apparent recipe or way to make HSLA-steel

Also the stupid april fool's is still in effect MAKEITSTOPPLZ ;.; Latest version 6.07.08

1. Try using Regular Steel to make Red Steel. HSLA is only a "replacement for steel" if anything.

2. It will stop by April 4th or 5th. Not sure which of the two.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Actually zinc-chloride, acetic, sodium-salt, and ferrous-phophate batteries predate alkalines and lead-acid by decades, centuries, several decades, and years respectively.

Not counting capacitor-esque stuff since they wouldn't be able to run actual machinery or lights for any length.

From the sounds of it you are bona fide battery industry expert, so I'll trust you know better than wiki

regarding dates of invention. Save me some time scouring the web though - which of those a rechargeable?

• Also just as a note, I am only gonna add popular batteries and "highly advanced theoretical" Batteries (Li-F Accumulators for example).

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• I'd say technologically the most important are:
    Zinc Chloride and/or Alkaline

Lead-acid/ SLA/AGM/VLSA and variants

NiMH (which replaced NiCD)

Lithium-ion

Molten Salt

Iron-phosphate

With a possible special appearance from mercuric if you feel like fucking the environment completely

Pretty much everything else is either theoretical without prototype, niche or specialty and not general purpose, or prohibitively inefficient or expensive.

Quoted from "zorn":

• I have stupid players, they stalled server by inapropriate usage of gregtech :D

I got vague info what they did: OpenBlocks tank with oil, the fluid-o-meter placed on it. Redstone wire connected to it, with the condition on fluid-o-meter to emit signal when fluid = 0 then emit redstone signal. Then they happened to destroy the measured OpenBlocks tank (that was the last action that server happened to write into player activity log), since then the server is fully cpu loaded, even after restart.

I fixed it by brutally deleting the NBT tag of the fluid-o-meter from chunk file, thus deleting the redstone emitter, however this probably should have some failsafe. The server was fully loaded, did kicked players out (timeout), while it wrote into console that they are afk and reported them as still online. Did not responded to any commands or so. Watchdog did not fired up either to create crash report after stalling, so it was something semi-stalled.

Latest GT. And yeah, gt log shown nothing, same as other logs or console or anything.

• Why did you delete what exception got thrown please? You only gave the Stacktrace WITHOUT the exception!

GregTech Website

• Oh and it cannot be a Nullpointer because there is already an != null check before that line.

GregTech Website

• It is not an exception, it is full copy of single server thread from thread watcher. I got no exceptions in logs anywhere(as server stopped outputting to consoles and logs completely), so was just seeing this part in stalled, but still running server. Attaching the jstack dump file that it is from, even though other things don't probably have other informational values.

The most I can do is to recreate it when I get home from work, but as Watchdog did not fired up, nor server can be manipulated more than hard-restart, I am not sure if I can provide more logs. Unless some debug mode could help with it...?

• Yep didnt help find the issue at all.

GregTech Website

• It has terrible longevity, memory effect,

Lead-acid does not have memory effect; you're thinking NiCd.

NiMH would be superior if only it weren't under copyright control.

Copyright doesn't protect technologies; I think you mean patent. And haven't those have been around for long enough now that surely a patent on them should be expired by now.

Ultracapacitors are completely replacing lead-acid batteries in newer vehicles,

Where the heck do you see this?

Yes, actually. Overcharging or shorting a battery is extremely dangerous, so most modern batteries (especially Li-Ion, LiPO, NiMH, etc.) have a tiny button-sized wafer stuffed underneath the positive terminal that will act as a fuse in the event of over charge/discharge, and prevent flow if the battery's voltage is too high or too low.

I'm well aware of the legally required lipo safety circuit, just saying that no lead acid car battery has one.

• Should I also mention that outdated Tech is the same as earlygame GregTech Tech?

GregTech Website

• Okay, Greg. We did more tests and it is not an issue with fluid meter nor tanks, but with the wires themself. I managed to reproduce the issue also on singleplayer. But heck, it was quite complex to narrow it down with all the server restarts needed lol (and later with also clients restarts).

THe problem is this: GT halfblocks do relay redstone signal even when they (probably) should not. This is both ways, even when the alloy wire transmitted signal from elsewhere. I made short video with minimalistic setup to show the problem:

On video I used one setup with regular full block and one setup with GT halfblock. Full block behaves as expected, while halfblock transmits the signal, but then the server gets stalled as I reported earlier. In this case also client if on smp. Red wire is made to connect to the top block to receive the signal.

Note: if vanilla halfblock being used, the signal is not transmitted. I did not tried other block rotations or block variations.

PS: yes, people do make floors from GT halfblocks and this is a result :D

• Couple of minor notes/suggestions.

Transformers don't save whether or not they're reversed when you break them. This would be a nice feature to have so you don't have to monkey wrench it each time you place it.

Drums (probably barrels as well, but haven't tested) save their auto-output state when broken, but there's no indication of the saved setting on the tooltip, so that may lead to confusion as to why two empty drums with different auto-output settings are not stacking in an inventory.

• Could you add a reversable option to filters/extenders? So you can have the main facing on the output of a machine and the output could be split to multiple faces of the extender? I'm having a hard time otherwise getting the 3 outputs split up while building an aqua regia bathing setup.

• Oh great... wtf happened there.

GregTech Website

• Oh great... wtf happened there.

Perhaps 8). You must talk like swearing again.

Must be a non transparency bug.

Color Codes and Format Codes for the rules:

Red Meaning Don't Read that.

Green Meaning must Read that.

Blue Meaning everytime someone swears (like extensive bad language) on purpose it will be changed into a not a swearing text. Since I cannot delete other peoples text unless I am a admin or something that allows to get rid of the extensive bad language post. I absolutely hated swearing or worse extensive bad language.

Yellow Meaning That is incorrect.

Purple Meaning Spelling Correction