[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Oh great... wtf happened there.

My suspition is (according to the thread dump I posted earlier) that the wire wants to transmit signal into halfblock, thus wants to get tileEntity on that spot. But even though the halfblock is special (nonbasic block), it rightfully fails to get it, but keeps trying forever. Or is infinitely long inside that one try.

• Ah found the Issue, GT6 Stone Slabs were handled wrongly in regards of vanilla Redstone (the game thought they were opaque), causing an infinite Cycle of Redstone ON/OFF when the Wire Updates.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Hello Mr. Greg. I haven't been able to find a direct contact link to you (presumably so people did not spam you for stupid reasons) so I figure this is the most direct link.

I donated to you a good while ago, but since then I've changed my MC name and would like the supporter list to be updated. I was Daddy_Cecil, if you could update that to be ArchonCerulean, that would be fantastic.

Always loving your mod!

• Hello Mr. Greg. I haven't been able to find a direct contact link to you (presumably so people did not spam you for stupid reasons) so I figure this is the most direct link.

I donated to you a good while ago, but since then I've changed my MC name and would like the supporter list to be updated. I was Daddy_Cecil, if you could update that to be ArchonCerulean, that would be fantastic.

Always loving your mod!

Isnt there a Contact Info thing on the frontpage of my Website? And will do your request then.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

[ADDED] Roasting Recipes that work with Air instead of Oxygen. They however have just an 80% Chance for each Output, compared to Oxygen

Hmm, I like this... at first look 80% seems generous, but I think that's partly based on

the fact that processing tends to be the bottleneck, so by comparison the ore itself

seems basically free (so a 20% loss is seen more as a 20% increase in processing time

rather than an actual loss of material). However, if this change allows ore to be roasted

as fast as it can be mined, then the loss seems more real than theoretical...

Are there any more advanced/refined materials than will need only pure oxygen, or

will all recipes work with air as well?

• All Recipes will work with all 3 Types of Air. And just the Solid Dust Outputs have that 80% Chance. Sulfur Dioxide is still a 100% Chance for example.

That said I might make Vanadium Pentoxide a non-Air thing now that you say it :P

GregTech Website

[ADDED] Ashes can now be used for Fluid Dyes again. I once removed that because of a colliding Recipe, but there is no Recipe colliding anymore apparently. I wonder where that went.

Woohoo! [does a little happy dance!]

I am going to make so much construction foam...

[REMOVED] You can no longer get Carbon from centrifuging or electrolyzing Ashes. Try Sulfuric Acid and Sugar if you really need that Stuff.

I wonder if you need two different forms of carbon - a simple carbon source and a pure carbon dust?

While washing sugar in acid seems a reasonable prerequisite for a purified form, it just doesn't seem

in character to need to do it for making iron.

• You can make Iron still using Ashes, that didnt change, you just cant get Carbon from Ashes anymore.

GregTech Website

• I just made a page with the rough Plans for hte game I will be doing after GT6

https://gregtech.overminddl1.com/gameplans/

GregTech Website

• Not being able to get carbon from ashes seems a huge nerf to the early game =/ I know you can get iron from dark ashes and steel from graphite, but the progression will slow significantly, and not in a challenging way, as it forces you to wait for your burning boxes to burn coal (and then only get half the iron) or slowly mine a tier3 ore.

What if you just made the recepie 64RU/t? That way you need at least a dense bronze burning box and boiler (thus a compressor) and an invar/steel turbine

Unsaid, unheard.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Xenon ().

• You can make Iron still using Ashes, that didnt change, you just cant get Carbon from Ashes anymore.

Dark ashes are only really an extreme early game stop-gap solution

(like firelighters made with sticks and dry grass).

Charcoal would be the most authentic source.

I just made a page with the rough Plans for hte game I will be doing after GT6

Seems interesting. There is a danger with smaller blocks that build times explode dramatically

- e.g. a wall takes 16 times as long to build, filling in a hole in the landscape takes 64 times as

long. There were almost 2 full days of building on my current base, about 4 days landscaping

the surrounding area. That could be months with the smaller blocks. Games like Landmark

use special editing tools for building, but you lose a little of the immediacy that way. You could

combine such tools with your NPCs, so sketch out your walls, and then have them build a

block at a time in parallel.

If you want to support the Game then Donations are going to be the only way to go, like it should be.

Until society reaches Federation levels of social security and the universal income is a thing,

then I disagree. Most people, devs included, either have a family and a mortgage or will do

one day. Very, very few people are in a position to work full time on a project with no other

means of support for themselves and their dependents. Free (beer) games are cool and

their devs are to be thanked for their generosity, but I'm not sure we as players would gain

anything if all devs spent 40 hours a week whittling clogs or weaving baskets to pay the rent

and only made games in their spare time. There's room for all kinds of funding models.

• Yeah building times would be fixed by selecting a wall shape or something where you can place a 5x5 or blocks or so at once.

I mean no stupid Ad bullshit, no requirement of having a Company, and simply doing fun Stuff for the Game, because Money should NEVER be a core motivation to do anything. I would not have a Patreon if it wasn't absolutely necessary to make sure I have a backup source of the Money, that I sadly need to survive in case the government goes illegally stupid on me.

With a Patreon of about 3 or 4 times my current size I could likely survive alone in Germany without the governmental help I am currently getting. Well survive in a financial sense, I would still be very screwed with a ton of household things, but financially I would be good. People with a Family would probably need 10 times. And if you go off school and have any sort of large dept, at least in Germany, then you're either dirt stupid or very unlucky, because education is free over here, unlike certain places where they charge kids for college.

And I am a minimalist, I don't really need Money in my personal life all that much.

So this is how that Statement came to be.

GregTech Website

• Yeah building times would be fixed by selecting a wall shape or something where you can place a 5x5 or blocks or so at once.

Or I just do a small copypaste area function, where you first builda wall by hand and then you copypaste that wall over and over. (ofcourse with a limited range and limited amount of blocks at once)

GregTech Website

• I mean no stupid Ad bullshit, no requirement of having a Company, and simply doing fun Stuff for the Game, because Money should NEVER be a core motivation to do anything. I would not have a Patreon if it wasn't absolutely necessary to make sure I have a backup source of the Money, that I sadly need to survive in case the government goes illegally stupid on me.

With a Patreon of about 3 or 4 times my current size I could likely survive alone in Germany without the governmental help I am currently getting. Well survive in a financial sense, I would still be very screwed with a ton of household things, but financially I would be good. People with a Family would probably need 10 times. And if you go off school and have any sort of large dept, at least in Germany, then you're either dirt stupid or very unlucky, because education is free over here, unlike certain places where they charge kids for college.

And I am a minimalist, I don't really need Money in my personal life all that much.

So this is how that Statement came to be.

It's cool that that model works for you, but I think my point is only that anyone should

be able to make a game, whether that model works for them or not.

I've tried making a game myself in evenings/weekends around university and then a day job.

It was very similar in concept to 0x10c. I started on the first ship models in 2007, made my

strongest progress in 2009, but then started a PhD in 2010, which halted all work for a time.

Then in 2012 0x10c was announced and I screamed and dumped the idea.

Since 0x10c's cancellation I've been dabbling with my game again (albeit with the original

simple scripted command line computer interface swapped out for a DCPU-16 inspired virtual

machine), but always alongside other things. Realistically, I'll never finish it without a period

of full time development, and I could only do that with support from my partner and family.

I wouldn't go down that road unless I could expect to make enough from the game to repay

them. I wouldn't need to get rich off it - but I would need at least that much.

Either the game will exist and cost some modest price or the game will be free and not actually

a finished game (or even not really a game at all - just a ship interior with a computer in it).

• Ok damnit, what the hell? I finally built an MV dynamo and an aluminum turbine to generate enough power to run either my MV electrolyzer ( currently trying to electrolyze appatite to get chlorine to make hydroclhoric acid to go with the nitric acid ) to power my nice little aqua regia processing loop of 4 LV mixers and an MV electrolyzer so I can finally get some iridium from all of this nickel/sperrylite, and the som'bitch won't run. I have a large bronze fluid pipe running over a line of methane powered dense invar and steel boilers ( 3 each ). That should be exactly enough to minimally power the turbine, but it just grinds. I added another regular invar boiler to give a few extra steam/t to get it above the minimum, and still just grinding. If I remove the dynamo, the turbine appears to spin just fine, but with the dynamo in place, it grinds and the dynamo won't light up. Why?

What is even more weird is that after I shut off all of the methane boilers and only the little regular invar one was still going ( that one is solid fuel ), the dynamo lit up and it was the electrolyzer that started grinding. WTF?

The post was edited 1 time, last by psusi ().

• Ok, so I cheated in a straight titanium turbine to replace the supposedly higher powered aluminum one and the electrolyzer is now running fine as long as I keep the regular invar boiler lit as well to keep the steam *above* 576/t.

• Are you sure this isn't just the same steam distribution issue? If you place a

fluid-o-meter on the pipe is the reading steady or fluctuation?

Not tried that, but why the hell did the aluminum turbine run with only 32 steam/t, and power the mv dynamo, yet with 576+32 steam/t, it wouldn't even run the dynamo?