[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• I checked in my pack and all the EBXL logs are in the oredict, at least for extrabiomesxl_1.7.10-3.16.4.

Found funny interaction though, some of the logs (well just the Sakura log) don't take up a whole block, so when you debark the log with a GT axe it actually gets bigger. :P

Lets keep the Fun there. I wont "fix" that XD

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Lets keep the Fun there. I wont "fix" that XD

I checked in my pack and all the EBXL logs are in the oredict, at least for extrabiomesxl_1.7.10-3.16.4.

Found funny interaction though, some of the logs (well just the Sakura log) don't take up a whole block, so when you debark the log with a GT axe it actually gets bigger. :P

Or maybe you should not debark that log Nonotan .

GregoriusT that is wood works as intended.

Color Codes and Format Codes for the rules:

Red Meaning Don't Read that.

Green Meaning must Read that.

Blue Meaning everytime someone swears (like extensive bad language) on purpose it will be changed into a not a swearing text. Since I cannot delete other peoples text unless I am a admin or something that allows to get rid of the extensive bad language post. I absolutely hated swearing or worse extensive bad language.

Yellow Meaning That is incorrect.

Purple Meaning Spelling Correction

• Code
    1. [COMPAT] Cooking for Blockheads has its Books now Shelvable. I cannot fully recommend that Mod though as it is exploitable (an Infinite Salt exploit, or removed Crafting Recipes still being there, for example)

We do use this mod for one simple thing - in those millions of food types, it enables quite fast searching of recipes and crafting them (as it shows you the possible things from ingrediences inserted into multiblock). It made survivability with "you need to eat more kinds of food" bearable (yes we have hunger overhaul so no 2x eating of same thing). I mean, as it does not have updates anymore, it is "broken" mod for a while, as it does not show most of GT recipes or things you mentioned.

So if there is possibility of some similar function, we can get rid of that mod (but freezers are cool, tbh). I guess even more tiers can be allowable, with furnace, mixer, and other machines included.

I mean, the initial experience with modpack is totally different, I made people actually FARM and SETUP HOUSE first before they started to assemble machines under free sky as usual. Just because they needed various food, and just because there was this minimod that was easy to get and actually made crafting food not tedious. And it killed the exact thing it should kill - just carrying stacks of apples from tree farms and don't care about more foods forever.

• I do plan to add some more Kitchen Stuffs to GT6. Just not the same way as that Mod does. And yeah its useful for Pams, even though it basically creates a copy of all Pams Recipes to work off of, instead of reading the actual Crafting Recipe List.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• So what voltage comes out of the multiblock dynamo? The stainless steel one says it can do anywhere from 1536 eu/t up to 6144 eu/t, but if that comes out as a single amp, then you either need to hook it up to an EV or an IV battery box depending on how much RU you drive it with,which seems odd.

• So what voltage comes out of the multiblock dynamo? The stainless steel one says it can do anywhere from 1536 eu/t up to 6144 eu/t, but if that comes out as a single amp, then you either need to hook it up to an EV or an IV battery box depending on how much RU you drive it with,which seems odd.

Doesn't everything state a Conversion Ratio? It literally converts one Energy to another at a certain Rate that is displayed in the Tooltip. You need to account for your entire Setup. Meths is your Friend ;P

GregTech Website

• Doesn't everything state a Conversion Ratio? It literally converts one Energy to another at a certain Rate that is displayed in the Tooltip. You need to account for your entire Setup. Meths is your Friend ;P

What does that have to do with my question?

I know how much RU I need to put in and how much EU comes out, my question is does it still come out in a single amp like the regular dynamos, and thus it can be in one of two different voltage tiers ( which is annoying ), or is there a limited voltage tier and it uses multiple amps to go over that?

• Ofcourse it comes out as a single Packet. And its just one Voltage that only depends on what you input, it wont fluctuate or anything stupid like that.

GregTech Website

• Why are these multiblock generators so absurdly expensive? At the low end It only gets you the power of 3x HV dynamos, yet the boiler alone for the thing takes nearly 1000 units of stainless steel! And it takes 3 of those if you want to run it at full power. And it looks like there is no burning box powerful enough to run the titanium or higher mb generator. It seems it takes much less space and metal to just make a few HV dynamos.

• Why are these multiblock generators so absurdly expensive? At the low end It only gets you the power of 3x HV dynamos, yet the boiler alone for the thing takes nearly 1000 units of stainless steel! And it takes 3 of those if you want to run it at full power. And it looks like there is no burning box powerful enough to run the titanium or higher mb generator. It seems it takes much less space and metal to just make a few HV dynamos.

Yeah only the lowest one is doable at the moment due to lack of advanced burning boxes. And I calculated it to be way easier to use one large one than tons of small ones.

GregTech Website

• I found a weird bug a while ago but forgot to report it. Looking up "caesium" in NEI search box gives you no results. There was another material which was hidden in NEI but I can't remember which was that.

btw this is my newest automation line which can crystallize Silicon and Redstone Alloy at the same time and is controlled by AE2!

• Yeah Caesium might be hidden. It has a white color doesnt it? Probably one of the Materials I did not assign a Color for because I didn't use them yet.

GregTech Website

• Yeah only the lowest one is doable at the moment due to lack of advanced burning boxes. And I calculated it to be way easier to use one large one than tons of small ones.

How do you figure? You have to light 9 dense tungsten burners either way, it's just a question of whether they are all on one large boiler or 9 separate ones feeding 3 turbines and hv dynamos. That's not hard to set up compared to 1600 stainless steel, 324 magnalium, and 288 annealed copper for the multiblock boiler, turbine, and dynamo. And with the HV dynamos, if you don't need *that* much power you can just run 1 or 2 of them.

• Yeah Caesium might be hidden. It has a white color doesnt it? Probably one of the Materials I did not assign a Color for because I didn't use them yet.

It seems like cesium is a NYI material.

Color Codes and Format Codes for the rules:

Red Meaning Don't Read that.

Green Meaning must Read that.

Blue Meaning everytime someone swears (like extensive bad language) on purpose it will be changed into a not a swearing text. Since I cannot delete other peoples text unless I am a admin or something that allows to get rid of the extensive bad language post. I absolutely hated swearing or worse extensive bad language.

Yellow Meaning That is incorrect.

Purple Meaning Spelling Correction

Oh I see. Yes it's white.

How do you figure? You have to light 9 dense tungsten burners either way, it's just a question of whether they are all on one large boiler or 9 separate ones feeding 3 turbines and hv dynamos. That's not hard to set up compared to 1600 stainless steel, 324 magnalium, and 288 annealed copper for the multiblock boiler, turbine, and dynamo. And with the HV dynamos, if you don't need *that* much power you can just run 1 or 2 of them.

Have you got fully automated processing lines for Copper (chalco/keste/stann/tetrahed -> roaster), Iron (molten hem/limo/magne -> electrolyzer, pyrite -> roaster), Annealed Copper (copper -> crucible), Manganese (pyrolusite + HCl -> smelter -> electrolyzer), Chromium (chromite -> electrolyzer, sapphire/ruby -> centrifuge), Tungsten (wolf/schee/tungstate + HCl -> dryer -> mixer), and alloys (smelter -> mixer -> mold)? If not, go build them first. Multiblock machines aren't that expensive once you have these automation lines.

• Have you got fully automated processing lines for Copper (chalco/keste/stann/tetrahed -> roaster), Iron (molten hem/limo/magne -> electrolyzer, pyrite -> roaster), Annealed Copper (copper -> crucible), Manganese (pyrolusite + HCl -> smelter -> electrolyzer), Chromium (chromite -> electrolyzer, sapphire/ruby -> centrifuge), Tungsten (wolf/schee/tungstate + HCl -> dryer -> mixer), and alloys (smelter -> mixer -> mold)? If not, go build them first. Multiblock machines aren't that expensive once you have these automation lines.

I have semi automated sluicing and roasting. Only thing I have fully automated is the aqua regia loop to process the massive amount of nickel to get 7 bloody iridium for the crystalization crucible. I have never found chromite in either of the two worlds I have played over the last nearly 2 years. I don't care if it's automated, 1600 bloody stainless steel is nuts. 300 to 400 I can see, but 1600 seems like a math error somewhere.

• I have semi automated sluicing and roasting. Only thing I have fully automated is the aqua regia loop to process the massive amount of nickel to get 7 bloody iridium for the crystalization crucible. I have never found chromite in either of the two worlds I have played over the last nearly 2 years. I don't care if it's automated, 1600 bloody stainless steel is nuts. 300 to 400 I can see, but 1600 seems like a math error somewhere.

Lol you should really get a Tungsten automation at least. Awesome tungsten tools are nearly inaccessible otherwise :P

• Was trying to configure my pack for compat between GT items and Forestry backpacks, I hope I did not miss anything...

• Hello Greg,

I found some tiny things to fix in GT6, tested on gregtech_1.7.10-6.07.13.jar :

1) i discovered that i can use only wooden bucket for creosote (iron buckets are not working), seem strange for me ;) (and in NEI there is only creosote wooden bucket)

2) I'd like to use moon turf dust to produce my helium, but i found no receipe in the NEI to process moon turf to moon turf dust. Maybe it's just NEI, i didn't try all my machines ;)

3) i like your new battery system, i'm just a little sad that lithium is useless now as i processed lot of it . Today there are many lithium batteries ;) (maybe it's in your roadmap already).

4) in previous version of GT you had different level of solar power, do you intend to code other solar power pannels? Or other power generation system like the old naquidah maybe or someting like fusion plant héhé?

Anyway great thanks for your amazing work! GT6 is my favorite mod.