[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Ah that might be because Thaumcraft has a very borked Aspect System. It checks for the Aspects every single Frame, but since GregTech adds a lot of Aspects and Thaumcraft scans all Crafting Recipes for Aspects to add even more Aspects, the List of Items with Aspects from Thaumcraft gets Huge. And guess what that List is? Laggy as fuck if you add too many things to it.

But I would say it is FAR from being unplayable, it just spikes a little when scanning stuff. And yes I know it goes down to 1 FPS in a lot of cases.

Hey Greg, while playing with dynamites I noticed that Remote Activator didn't require power. I guessed it was because we didn't have EV batteries until recently, right? Not sure if it really should use EV though.

Huh? What are you talking about?

I noticed in weekly update video, that harvestcraft candle crafting recipe outputs 1 candle. It was 4 candles before.

Guess what got nerfed. Since those Candles are basically Torches.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• These candles are better than torches by looking different than torches. I looked at torches for too many years... Hmm, I need to make a mini-factory for them. Wool -> string, dye mixing, maybe a centrifuge for combs. MFR rancher is a good way for getting wool. It just shears sheep which have wool.

Also, thank you for lead from zombies :) That's much better than iron. Both metals are very useful (iron for everything, lead for batteries, reactors). Iron is in every ore, lead is much rarer (galena and radioactive ores).

• Yeah I needed to nerf the Iron Drops and Lead was the most suitable earlygame Metal.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Do hardness multipliers (like HardnessMultiplier_Rock) still work? I have it set to 2, but don't feel anything. Maybe I'm just used to it...

They are supposed to work. Set them to be much higher, maybe that makes it more noticeable.

Remote Activator requires an EV Compact Signal Emitter and other EV-grade parts made of Chromium to craft, but it doesn't actually require an EV battery and works without power. Is it really intended? I felt it was weird.

Its just a Remote. Nothing that really needs Batteries, and even if it did, I would make it LV or ULV Batteries.

GregTech Website

• This time I set hardness multipliers to 8. Andesite stone is slow to mine, andesite cobblestone - fast. Windmill tiles are also fast to mine.

Then everything is right, as far as I see. The Config is only for Natural Rocks that are usually Worldgenerated.

GregTech Website

• In GT6 Zirconium is treated like a gem i.e. there's no ingot form but why? It's actually a metal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zirconium

But there literally is an Ingot form for it. Its like one of the few things that has both Forms.

GregTech Website

• Ah that might be because Thaumcraft has a very borked Aspect System. It checks for the Aspects every single Frame, but since GregTech adds a lot of Aspects and Thaumcraft scans all Crafting Recipes for Aspects to add even more Aspects, the List of Items with Aspects from Thaumcraft gets Huge. And guess what that List is? Laggy as fuck if you add too many things to it.

I am looking at the TC source code, and you are right... it is implemented as a LinkedHashMap but then the code just calls objectTags.keySet().iterator() anyway, defeating the point of it being a Map. It also tries to scan the same thing twice if it finds no aspects, by calling the exact same Method.

I think it has to be fixed on TC's end, but I doubt Azanor would actually touch TC4 now... (If this were Python script then it would be simple to change the program myself, but I have no idea how to rebuild a .jar mod; is it even possible?)

• I am looking at the TC source code, and you are right... it is implemented as a LinkedHashMap but then the code just calls objectTags.keySet().iterator() anyway, defeating the point of it being a Map. It also tries to scan the same thing twice if it finds no aspects, by calling the exact same Method.

I think it has to be fixed on TC's end, but I doubt Azanor would actually touch TC4 now... (If this were Python script then it would be simple to change the program myself, but I have no idea how to rebuild a .jar mod; is it even possible?)

Maybe you can ask Chocohead to make an ASM Mod for that. He did do BinniePatcher a while ago

GregTech Website

Emptying Water Bottles (water-filled Glass Bottles) into Jugs or Measuring Cups in world empties the bottle but doesn't add water to the cup or jug. Is that working as intended?

Filling empty glass bottles from a Pot or Jug works normally.

Emptying Water Bottles (water-filled Glass Bottles) into Jugs or Measuring Cups in world empties the bottle but doesn't add water to the cup or jug. Is that working as intended?

Filling empty glass bottles from a Pot or Jug works normally.

MC Water Bottles contain 0 Liters of Water, but are filled using 250 Liters of Water. This is because of the existence of several exploits involving those Bottles, that I am preventing this way.

GregTech Website

• MC Water Bottles contain 0 Liters of Water, but are filled using 250 Liters of Water. This is because of the existence of several exploits involving those Bottles, that I am preventing this way.

And that is why you should add 250 mB to Water bottles, so that way it won't be annoying or better yet make water bottles useful again.

If not, I am going to use minetweaker to adjust them if they have it available. FOR EXPLOITS REASONS!!! :| I AM MAKING THINGS THE MOST EXPLOITABLE AS POSSIBLE.

Like I Said before green meaning must be read. :)

Color Codes and Format Codes for the rules:

Red Meaning Don't Read that.

Green Meaning must Read that.

Blue Meaning everytime someone swears (like extensive bad language) on purpose it will be changed into a not a swearing text. Since I cannot delete other peoples text unless I am a admin or something that allows to get rid of the extensive bad language post. I absolutely hated swearing or worse extensive bad language.

Yellow Meaning That is incorrect.

Purple Meaning Spelling Correction

• And that is why you should add 250 mB to Water bottles, so that way it won't be annoying or better yet make water bottles useful again.

If not, I am going to use minetweaker to adjust them if they have it available. FOR EXPLOITS REASONS!!! :| I AM MAKING THINGS THE MOST EXPLOITABLE AS POSSIBLE.

Like I Said before green meaning must be read. :)

Not possible to add a custom water bottle at all. And Water Bottles are not even stackable, why the fuck would anyone use them for Water Transport if they can use a Measuring Pot that even stores 4 times as much!

GregTech Website

• I am looking at the TC source code, and you are right... it is implemented as a LinkedHashMap but then the code just calls objectTags.keySet().iterator() anyway, defeating the point of it being a Map. It also tries to scan the same thing twice if it finds no aspects, by calling the exact same Method.

I've done it before. I'm not an expert at it by any stretch of the imagination, so let me start off by saying the way I've found to do is really hacky and may have side effects that I'm not fully aware of. Using ASM like Greg suggested is probably the better way to do patches like this, I don't know JVM bytecode or the ASM library though so I do things a different way.

Minecraft uses obfuscation for its own code to make reverse engineering their intellectual property painful (don't you just love DRM?). These names had to be painstakingly deobfuscated by the community (the mappings can be found in the Mod Coder Pack (MCP) which is used by Forge and a few other tools). Mods are written using these deobfuscated names so developers can know what they're actually working with. When the mod is built though, those deobfuscated names return to being obfuscated (they have to do this because when Minecraft runs, it's using the obfuscated names). Decompiling the mod at this point would give us a source with those obfuscated names, which isn't impossible to work with, it's just a pain in the ass.

Before you do that, run the jar through Bearded Octo Nemesis 2.2.3 to generate a copy with deobfuscated names, then decompile that jar (I've been using fernflower for that, other decompilers will probably work though). That'll give you decompiled source using the deobfuscated names.

I'm recalling this next bit from memory so some of the details may be off. Set up the workspace for an empty Forge mod the way you usually would and add the source files from your decompiled source to that project. From here it's a matter of satisfying dependencies, finding and fixing decompiler fuck-ups, and generally just trying to get the mod to build. Then once you've got that working you can start making changes to the code.

If the problem you're trying to fix is in a particular class, instead of trying to rebuild the entire jar you may be able to just rebuild that particular class. You can do that by adding just the source for that file, then linking your project to the original jar to satisfy any dependencies that class has to other classes in that jar. Then you can build the project and get a .jar containing just that .class file, then manually replace the .class file in the original jar with your rebuilt class (.jars are basically just .zip archives; you can manipulate them with archiving software like 7-zip).

• If you're having trouble with it I can make a Thaumcraft patcher, some pointers to what you want changing (or just the general area) is all that's needed to be as invasive as necessary. But equally I don't want to stop you from having the chance to experiment if you want, my patching services are available not mandatory ;)

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.