[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• If you're having trouble with it I can make a Thaumcraft patcher, some pointers to what you want changing (or just the general area) is all that's needed to be as invasive as necessary. But equally I don't want to stop you from having the chance to experiment if you want, my patching services are available not mandatory ;)

I would link that Thaumcraft Patchers Page on my Site too, should you decide to do that. More convenient for everyone. ^^

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• GREG!!!

FOUND A FATAL BUG!

I put a tin capsule cell of creosote into a Railcraft tank of creosote to add it. It crashed the server and now crashes on every boot of the server. Sadly I have no backups, so unless you can fix this I lost a server and 4 people's work. :(

Here's a crash log, hope it helps identify the problem, whether it's yours or railcraft's:

crash-2018-05-22_15.57.45-server.txtcrash-2018-05-22_15.57.45-server.txt

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• Have fun with that one, this is why you should never use Railcraft Tanks. They are broken as fuck. Unfixable on my end, and Railcraft wont update for that fix despite them having fixed that in their own fucking 1.7.10 Code since years. They just dont fucking update the downloadable Version.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• From my Changelog, I will put that on the Website too now.

[WARNING] Do not attempt to put a GT Barrel or Drum into a Railcraft Tank to fill/empty it. If you do, you need to go into the Forge Config and set the Delete Erroring TileEntities to true before restarting the Game/Server.

GregTech Website

• Have you flagged all the methods/fields that have parameters/type of IIconRegister annotated with side only? If Forge strips them Java won't attempt to load the types for reflection purposes.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Have you flagged all the methods/fields that have parameters/type of IIconRegister annotated with side only? If Forge strips them Java won't attempt to load the types for reflection purposes.

You do know that the Crash is on Railcraft Side and not fixable on my End, right? Railcrafts GitHub even has a fix for this Bug that they never released because stoopid Reasons.

Pretty sure it also happens with IC2 Universal Fluid Cells by the way.

GregTech Website

• You say not fixable like they're explicitly trying to load in a client side type rather than just side loading it as a method parameter from the way Java caches reflection. Especially if you look at the example crash that was originally reported that caused it to be fixed, you can see the un-side only protected method that causes the class load. I'm not saying Railcraft is doing things a particularly sensible way, just neither are they doing something stupid that you'd expect to crash.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Hi Greg, I found an exploit which is unlikely to be intended.

• Global garbage dump at world spawn, combined with despawned items going into global garbage, could replace gravestone mods. I guess structure could include hopper, chest and some advanced construction foam (to somewhat prevent pumping out liquids).

• That first screenshot is broken

GregTech Website

• Global garbage dump at world spawn, combined with despawned items going into global garbage, could replace gravestone mods. I guess structure could include hopper, chest and some advanced construction foam (to somewhat prevent pumping out liquids).

Item Pipe below that has Owned Foam around it.

GregTech Website

• Okay I will look into this Rock Layer glitch. Any specific Mods you had installed like Underground Biomes?

GregTech Website

• Or did you remove Underground Biomes or Chisel ? Or did you not update Chisel?

GregTech Website