[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Because they arent Gems, thats why.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• So I thought that cfoam sprayed multiple blocks at once, but when I applied it to some wires in the floor it only applied to one at a time. Also, if you don't have IC2 installed for the scaffolding, how do you make normal cfoam blocks?

• Why is there no energy-o-meter to output a redstone signal based on the charge of the battery box? How do you automate generator startup/shutdown?

Covers, there is a Cover for that. Outputs a Redstone Signal based on Percentage.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• I found two issues regarding redstone.

#0. Redstone Emitter Cover and Vanilla Comparator interacts weirdly

A redstone emitter cover facing a vanilla comparator can fail to power the comparator depending on the direction, as seen in the screenshot shown below. This only seems to affect comparators, not repeaters or anything else.

#1. GT wires only cause redstone updates to their direct neighborhood

In the setup shown below, a Red Alloy Wire is giving a strong power to a vanilla stone, which should in turn activate a redstone lamp placed next to it. However, the lamp doesn't get a redstone update on the state changes of GT wire, so it won't notice that it's powered until it gets another block update. A redstone torch used as a GT cover doesn't seem to have this issue.

• I'm confused by fluid-o-meters. It won't let you dial the amount above 9999L, but it does seem to also have a >/< % mode, but the % seems to be hard wired to 100%; you can't adjust it.

• Ok, so I guess I needed a bucket-o-meter, but still they are weird. They are not covers but stand alone blocks so if you stick one on the face of a drum, there is a mostly air block that is redstone powered and then you need to connect a redstone wire to it which then has an air gap, which just looks wrong.

• Ok, apparently you can use a shutter and a controller cover to gate the flow of power into the igniter, but the shutter only works if placed on a wire. If placed on the side of a battery box going directly into the igniter, it does not work. Also I thought you could use igniters before shutters were added, so how are you supposed to control them?

• I thought that automatic igniters needed a redstone signal to activate? They seem to ignore redstone and just constantly keep lighting fires.

Place a redstone switch cover on the igniter. For best effects run your redstone signal

through a pulse former before it reaches the switch cover.

What is the difference between blue power red alloy wire and GT red alloy wire? Other than the GT ones cost more to make ( and shouldn't they be homogenized? )?

If Blue Power stayed true to Red Power on this, then these wires are placed on a surface,

can be separated by covers/strips, and up to 4 independent lines can occupy a single block.

When powered, they power the block to which they are surface attached.

GT6 red alloy wires are placed centre-block, can be joined/separated independently in 6

directions using the wire cutter tool, and can be covered in construction foam.

As they are used in very different ways it is helpful to have both, and homogenization is not

desirable.

So I thought that cfoam sprayed multiple blocks at once, but when I applied it to some wires in the floor it only applied to one at a time. Also, if you don't have IC2 installed for the scaffolding, how do you make normal cfoam blocks?

In single block mode, right click the spray can as though you were holding a regular block.

The can will place a wet c-foam block, which will dry over time. There is no need for the

scaffold. You can insta-dry the wet c-foam with the hardening spray. This will create regular

c-foam, which is like any normal block. (Spraying a scaffold in GT6 creates a different kind

of c-foam block, one to which GT6 machine covers can be attached - in the absence of IC2

you can spray an unconnected pipe or wire to get a similar effect)

• Nonotan if you do happen to create some balance minetweaker scripts for thaumcraft with GT6 could you please share them with me?

Greg, do you have any immediate plans for updating the GT6 Thaumcraft researches?

I was thinking of porting some of the Minetweaker changes I made for KR, but realized that I have to rewrite them for GT6 (due to different progression) and figured that it's probably best I asked you about it first since you will know how to balance your mod better than I would.

• I found two issues regarding redstone.

#0. Redstone Emitter Cover and Vanilla Comparator interacts weirdly

A redstone emitter cover facing a vanilla comparator can fail to power the comparator depending on the direction, as seen in the screenshot shown below. This only seems to affect comparators, not repeaters or anything else.

#1. GT wires only cause redstone updates to their direct neighborhood

In the setup shown below, a Red Alloy Wire is giving a strong power to a vanilla stone, which should in turn activate a redstone lamp placed next to it. However, the lamp doesn't get a redstone update on the state changes of GT wire, so it won't notice that it's powered until it gets another block update. A redstone torch used as a GT cover doesn't seem to have this issue.

#0: Nothing I can do against Vanilla Comparators being shit. Seriously, they dont fucking work right in 1.7.10.

#1: Now thats weird. Might have something to do with the protection against infinite Loops. Please continue using a Redstone Torch or a Redstone Repeater for that Block powering the Lamp. The whole "Opaque Block transmitting Redstone Signal" shit can cause Redstone backflow if done wrong, so better use the Torches for that.

GregTech Website

• GT6 cable -> TechGuns machine wastes much power.

Reproduce by: HV battery box with batteries -> 4x silver cables -> TechGuns chemical laboratory (recipe: dirt + gravel + water -> clay block; only 5 RF/t).

For a workaround I use CESU (outputs EU) and MFR rednet energy cables (converts EU to RF).

Barely related: I like that MFR rednet energy cables are quite expensive by costing plastic.

• Yeah in this case, dont use HV, its just the maximum you can insert ;)

GregTech Website

• #1: Now thats weird. Might have something to do with the protection against infinite Loops. Please continue using a Redstone Torch or a Redstone Repeater for that Block powering the Lamp. The whole "Opaque Block transmitting Redstone Signal" shit can cause Redstone backflow if done wrong, so better use the Torches for that.

Sorry, it was partly a misinformation. After testing the issue more, it turned out that torch covers and repeater covers also have the same issue. I think I'm going to do some code analysis...

• ... and the only thing I found suspicious was unlikely to be the cause. MultiTileEntityWireRedstoneInsulated::updateRedstone calls causeBlockUpdate() inside onTick2(), but since TileEntityBase03TicksAndSync::updateEntity calls super.updateEntity() before onTick(), the change in the redstone state won't be propagated to neighbors until the next time updateEntity() gets called. However, the said method will be called in the next tick and will do worldObj.notifyBlocksOfNeighborChange() there, so this should not be a problem. Hmm...

• Yeah exactly, it does notify of neighbour changes, but the range is only adjacent blocks, not really going through opaque Blocks

GregTech Website

• But TileEntityBase01Root::doBlockUpdate does notify blocks through adjacent opaque blocks, doesn't it? I don't know what the last argument tSide means though.

Code
    1. public void doBlockUpdate() {
    2. Block tBlock = getBlock(getCoords());
    3. worldObj.notifyBlocksOfNeighborChange(xCoord, yCoord, zCoord, worldObj.getBlock(xCoord, yCoord, zCoord));
    4. if (this instanceof IMTE_IsProvidingStrongPower) for (byte tSide : ALL_SIDES_VALID) {
    5. if (getBlockAtSide(tSide).isNormalCube(worldObj, xCoord+OFFSETS_X[tSide], yCoord+OFFSETS_Y[tSide], zCoord+OFFSETS_Z[tSide])) {
    6. worldObj.notifyBlocksOfNeighborChange(xCoord+OFFSETS_X[tSide], yCoord+OFFSETS_Y[tSide], zCoord+OFFSETS_Z[tSide], tBlock, tSide); // <- The last tSide
    7. }
    8. }
    9. }
  • *Facepalm* Really depressed_pho , are you making an addon too. I am tired of GT addons unless the addons make more exploits then I won't be as tired.

If you are GregourusT then don't read this. I found out some diamonds which are a piece of cake. Unlike the other modpacks not so much. :P  I still recommend that I should able to make more exploits. ;)

Come on, the red meaning don't read that unless you are not GT. And Green meaning Everyone must read that, except for myself of course.

Color Codes and Format Codes for the rules:

Red Meaning Don't Read that.

Green Meaning must Read that.

Blue Meaning everytime someone swears (like extensive bad language) on purpose it will be changed into a not a swearing text. Since I cannot delete other peoples text unless I am a admin or something that allows to get rid of the extensive bad language post. I absolutely hated swearing or worse extensive bad language.

Yellow Meaning That is incorrect.

Purple Meaning Spelling Correction