[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• The Extender points to the RIGHT on this Picture, is that correct? Otherwise the Setup wouldnt work at all.

There's a straight line of steel pipes behind the boilers that the Extender is pointing to, unfortunately I didn't take a good screenshot.

And as an added Bonus, never connect two Fluid Pipes with an Extender, the Pipes are made to tick depending on their Coordinates (Even Pipes and Odd Pipes), so in this case they will work unpredictably in regards of Tick Order.

seregheru said earlier that "To combine two pipes use an extender - the extender ensures that both inputs are credited to the same face of the attached pipe section." - is that not correct?

Holy crap what kind of janky as hell Setup is that?!? This will cause all kinds of weird interactions depending on how full the Pipes are at the beginning.

The idea was to have a 600L/t pipe which will be fed up to 512 Steam/t, then I can branch off the main setup 100L/t at a time with tiny Steel Fluid Pipes to power up to 5 machines simultaneously - kind of like this:

:Advanced Machine::Coal Chunk::Advanced Machine::Coal Chunk::Advanced Machine::Coal Chunk:

:Bio Cell::Coal Chunk::Bio Cell::Coal Chunk::Bio Cell::Coal Chunk:

:Glass Fibre::Glass Fibre::Glass Fibre::Glass Fibre::Glass Fibre::Glass Fibre::Glass Fibre::Glass Fibre::Glass Fibre::Glass Fibre:

:Bio Cell::Coal Chunk::Coal Chunk::Coal Chunk::Bio Cell::Coal Chunk::Compressor::Compressor::Compressor::Compressor:

:Advanced Machine::Coal Chunk::Coal Chunk::Coal Chunk::Advanced Machine::Coal Chunk::Generator::Generator::Generator::Generator:

Unfortunately since I apparently do not understand Fluid Pipes the setup does not work as I expected.

• seregheru said earlier that "To combine two pipes use an extender - the extender ensures that both inputs are credited to the same face of the attached pipe section." - is that not correct?

It is correct, but it might end up in issues. Not sure what kind of issues but it can happen.

By the way I added an easy Crucible Fuel calculation to https://gregtech.overminddl1.c…regtech_1.7.10/earlygame/ this Page. Easy if you can multiply and divide Stuff that is.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• so after a lot of testing (a few days or something) i came to the concultion that MFR and TE cause the "ticking memory" error. having either mod installed crashes the game upon loading a world.

if i remove gregtech this never happens, and both mods work fine.

so there is something between gregtech and either mod that casues this error, and it has to be the exact same thing as both error logs with either mod are almost idendical.

https://pastebin.com/W80rx03j Pack + MFR

https://pastebin.com/BXa3vBJq Pack + TE

thing is tho, i had older Grgetetch pack that have both TE and MFR and work fine. so this has to be fixable with just removing TE and MFR. best way would be to somehow find out what exactly causes it (maybe both mods have an internal version of CofhCore? which needs to be a specific version to run (for some reason))

• That is not the reason it all of a sudden starts working.

The Bug is as follows: there is two Threads, one doing Network and one doing normal Stuff. If the Network Thread (Yes even in Singleplayer) does not initialise itself BEFORE the normal Thread uses it, you get the FMLProxyPacket Crash. This happens at random and depends 100% on the Lag your Modpack is causing and how the Lag is caused. This cannot be pinned down to any specific Mod (only to modpack size) and is specific to your Computer and your Computer alone.

Overall, it is 100% Forge Bug, if you dont have Forge installed, this Crash wont happen too. (sadly Forge is a requirement for Mods so guess how unfixable that is)

Note that I dont have TE or MFR installed in my own Packs and guess what, it happens like 50% of the time I start a game too, but only like 5% of the time when I have a "Just GT6 and nothign else" Modpack, but also to some degree to Modpacks that dont have GT6 at all, aswell.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Post because I edited so much that a notification might be useful

GregTech Website

• godammit, but how can it be lag driven when the only mod i ever had this problem with in all of modding is Gregtech? even with my shitty PC and internet connection back then iwas able to play 1.7.10 packs perfectly fine.... this makes no sense.

what lag is it even, server, or client? because it can#t be the FPS, i had larger 1.7.10 packs with multiple hundreds of mods that never had this.

this is overall just very frustating and confusing. especially since i had an almost identical pack before i got most of my PC upgrades, and that pack ran fine.

• godammit, but how can it be lag driven when the only mod i ever had this problem with in all of modding is Gregtech? even with my shitty PC and internet connection back then iwas able to play 1.7.10 packs perfectly fine.... this makes no sense.

what lag is it even, server, or client? because it can#t be the FPS, i had larger 1.7.10 packs with multiple hundreds of mods that never had this.

this is overall just very frustating and confusing. especially since i had an almost identical pack before i got most of my PC upgrades, and that pack ran fine.

Yes it is very frustrating, and guess what, LexManos denied every Push Request that potentially fixes that Bug so far. And everyone who reported that Bug to Forge got banned. Hurray!

I bet its a Forge Update that might have caused it, but Mods dont run on older Forge Versions so thats not an option.

GregTech Website

• welp, alternative solution. remove TE and MFR from the pack. kinda sad as i like the cheap rubber from MFR, but atleast then it runs.

maybe my previous versions of the pack didn't had this as all mods including forge were older.

• the Earlygame Guide of GT wrote:

You can pick them up using Right Click or Left Click, it doesn’t really matter unless you have a Fortune Tool, in which case Left Click is better. In either case, no more punching Trees needed to get Sticks.

You can still punch trees with just using bare hands so it sort of defeats the purpose. ;)

Color Codes and Format Codes for the rules:

Red Meaning Don't Read that.

Green Meaning must Read that.

Blue Meaning everytime someone swears (like extensive bad language) on purpose it will be changed into a not a swearing text. Since I cannot delete other peoples text unless I am a admin or something that allows to get rid of the extensive bad language post. I absolutely hated swearing or worse extensive bad language.

Yellow Meaning That is incorrect.

Purple Meaning Spelling Correction

• welp, alternative solution. remove TE and MFR from the pack. kinda sad as i like the cheap rubber from MFR, but atleast then it runs.

maybe my previous versions of the pack didn't had this as all mods including forge were older.

Im talking with someone on my IRC who could make an ASM mod for fixing this stinkin Bug. Maybe that will work. Maybe not, so dont hope for too much. ;)

You can still punch trees with just using bare hands so it sort of defeats the purpose. ;)

Not if you enable Adventure Mode in the Config. ;P

And Leftclick and Rightclick are words different from left Click and right Click too. Computer specific things. People sometimes call it LMouse and RMouse too. Basically the two words fused together into a new word.

GregTech Website

• LexManos denied every Push Request that potentially fixes that Bug so far. And everyone who reported that Bug to Forge got banned.

This simply isn't true. There are only 3 people banned from Forge's Github, none of them over FMLProxyPackets. The same type of crash can happen from multiple causes, including running 1.6 (or even 1.7.2) mods in 1.7.10 and dodgy mod packet handlers. This is one of the reasons why it appears so common, the stack trace is not a unique result between causes. It might well be annoying, but no one ever found a concrete fix, and certainly wasn't stopped from trying. There is no conspiracy to keep it happening no matter your opinions on Forge, Lex, Java or anything else.

I bet its a Forge Update that might have caused it, but Mods dont run on older Forge Versions so thats not an option.

The nature of how unreproducible the whole situation is screams race condition that has always been present but depending on fast handshaking and slow loading. As you push close to the limit you can only increase the chance of losing the race but this could just as easily be a hardware scheduling problem prioritising one thread over another at the wrong time. Without a stronger reproduction case we'll never be certain one way or the other to if it was a bad change somewhere, but it feels too unlikely given how many 1.7 packs using the last version of Forge that people have never had this with.

I'll go make some NetworkManager watching mod and maybe you can at least see the packets moving around until it breaks.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• This simply isn't true. There are only 3 people banned from Forge's Github, none of them over FMLProxyPackets. The same type of crash can happen from multiple causes, including running 1.6 (or even 1.7.2) mods in 1.7.10 and dodgy mod packet handlers. This is one of the reasons why it appears so common, the stack trace is not a unique result between causes. It might well be annoying, but no one ever found a concrete fix, and certainly wasn't stopped from trying. There is no conspiracy to keep it happening no matter your opinions on Forge, Lex, Java or anything else.

I saw that on the Forge Forums when looking for a fix for that Bug. Everyone who complained about that issue there just got banned or redirected to fix their mod list to trash the mod that is causing it. (ignoring the fact that forge itself caused it actually)

GregTech Website

• And as an added Bonus, never connect two Fluid Pipes with an Extender, the Pipes are made to tick depending on their Coordinates (Even Pipes and Odd Pipes), so in this case they will work unpredictably in regards of Tick Order.

You said before that we were *supposed* to use an extender to connect pipes if we wanted to force the fluid to only flow one way and not slosh.

• I get that ticking exception every once in a while when I start the game. I restart and it's fine.

Yeah same for me. But depending on Modpack and Setup it can range from 1% of all cases up to 99% of all cases.

GregTech Website

• Apparently duranium and trinitanium can contain plasma but they have no pipe or drum form. Could you make those since iirc, you said adamantium can only be obtained ( even just 1 unit to scan for mass fab ) in space?

• Adamantium can be obtained using the Bedrock Drill by now.

GregTech Website

• Not if you enable Adventure Mode in the Config. ;P

1. Uh about the adventure mode. it is changed drastically in the vanilla MC 1.8 where you had to have a certain tool which contains a NBT tag for breaking a certain block or a NBT tag for placing a block. If you want to know vanilla MC crap.
    2. Sorry for that offtopic nonsense but as I said before there is bugs with adventure mode where it does some weird stuff. I certainly doubt it to change it to adventure.
    3. Should I build a nine by nine build with just wood planks.

Color Codes and Format Codes for the rules:

Red Meaning Don't Read that.

Green Meaning must Read that.

Blue Meaning everytime someone swears (like extensive bad language) on purpose it will be changed into a not a swearing text. Since I cannot delete other peoples text unless I am a admin or something that allows to get rid of the extensive bad language post. I absolutely hated swearing or worse extensive bad language.

Yellow Meaning That is incorrect.

Purple Meaning Spelling Correction