[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• One boiler for each machine. This may seem costly but is way easier to setup and operate.

Well, the cost is not a big issue - I just think it's odd that fluid pipes, which supposedly can go in numerous directions, don't work as advertised unless you only use them in a straight line or build with a massive number of tank extenders/shutter covers (which require Aluminium for whatever reason and you are no longer building intricate steam networks when you can craft them.)

Can shutters be moved down the tech tree a bit, so that they are in the same tech level as drain covers (or at least, a one-way valve)? Shutter technology definitely predates distillation towers IRL.

EDIT>

Why is the Invar Steam Turbine not getting a required amount of steam (it makes screeching sound)? The Tiny Steel Fluid Pipe is consistently full of 200L steam, so it should be pushing 100L/t to the Steam Turbine, but the turbine keeps whining.

• Why is the Invar Steam Turbine not getting a required amount of steam (it makes screeching sound)? The Tiny Steel Fluid Pipe is consistently full of 200L steam, so it should be pushing 100L/t to the Steam Turbine, but the turbine keeps whining.

No idea what's going on in your screenshot, but let me explain how steam turbines work internally. (I'll transcribe this to the Wiki later.)

A steam turbine has an internal fluid tank whose capacity being 4x larger than the maximum steam/t input of the turbine. Fluid pipes try to fill up this tank whenever possible.

When ticked, a turbine tries to consume the entire steam its tank has without regard to the fullness, as long as the amount is not less than the minimum input rate. The consumed steam turns into RU. And if the amount of RU just produced exceeds the maximum output rate, the turbine gets overloaded and shrieks.

• A steam turbine has an internal fluid tank whose capacity being 4x larger than the maximum steam/t input of the turbine. Fluid pipes try to fill up this tank whenever possible.

When ticked, a turbine tries to consume the entire steam its tank has without regard to the fullness, as long as the amount is not less than the minimum input rate. The consumed steam turns into RU. And if the amount of RU just produced exceeds the maximum output rate, the turbine gets overloaded and shrieks.

This mechanic makes sense to me, but what doesn't make sense is the fact that it implies the turbine is getting more than 192 Steam/t.

The setup is like this:

:Coal Chunk::Coal Chunk::Advanced Machine::Coal Chunk::Coal Chunk::Coal Chunk:

:Coal Chunk::Coal Chunk::Bio Cell::Coal Chunk::Coal Chunk::Coal Chunk:

:Glass Fibre::Glass Fibre::Glass Fibre::Glass Fibre::Glass Fibre::Glass Fibre:

:Advanced Machine: = Invar Steam Turbine (accepts 48-192 Steam/t)

:Bio Cell: = Tiny Steel Fluid Pipe (100L/t)

:Glass Fibre: = Steel Fluid Pipe, full of steam (600L/t)

I see no way for the Invar Steam Turbine to get more than 100L Steam per tick, because the steam input per tick is bottlenecked by a Tiny Steel Fluid Pipe - and yet it "overloads" and shrieks.

Yeah exactly, it does notify of neighbour changes, but the range is only adjacent blocks, not really going through opaque Blocks

Old post, but this is a bug isn't it? It makes the following setup not work:

Changelog 6.07.17 wrote:

[ADDED] The Thaumometer can now be Shelved too. However its Stupid about it and doesnt wanna let you rightclick it...

Isn't that caused by this?

Changelog 6.06.07 wrote:

[CHANGED] Any Rightclick on a GT6 TileEntity with a Thaumometer will be ignored entirely, so you dont have to hold shift for scanning GT6 Stuff anymore.

1. Uh about the adventure mode. it is changed drastically in the vanilla MC 1.8 where you had to have a certain tool which contains a NBT tag for breaking a certain block or a NBT tag for placing a block. If you want to know vanilla MC crap.

it changed in 1.8, we are in 1.7.10, where it works properly. I even fixed all Bugs with it so far. Also there is no color key in your signature for Cyan. :P

Isn't that caused by this?

Wow thank you for that one. I really forgot that...

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• GregoriousT, I think I have encountered a bug on the latest release. I added Atum to my MC instance as you suggested, as a simple mining dimension. I found an Atum-sand Lignite/Coal vein on the surface and am unable to sift the ores (using the sifting table). NEI only shows recipes for other sand types when I look up the crafting uses of the ore.

• I see no way for the Invar Steam Turbine to get more than 100L Steam per tick, because the steam input per tick is bottlenecked by a Tiny Steel Fluid Pipe - and yet it "overloads" and shrieks.

I believe that in one of Bear's streams, Bear determined that to successfully throttle a pipeline's throughput, one needs 2 of the smaller pipe size.

Unfortunately, I forgot which stream this was, and his explanation for why, if he had one.

So your setup would need to be like this:

Or like this (where :Depleted Cell: is a left-down tiny steel pipe, and :Bio Cell:is a right-up tiny steel pipe)

:Coal Chunk::Coal Chunk::Bio Cell::Depleted Cell::Coal Chunk::Coal Chunk:

• GregoriousT, I think I have encountered a bug on the latest release. I added Atum to my MC instance as you suggested, as a simple mining dimension. I found an Atum-sand Lignite/Coal vein on the surface and am unable to sift the ores (using the sifting table). NEI only shows recipes for other sand types when I look up the crafting uses of the ore.

I assume you mean the "Strange Sand" Ores? Okay I am gonna check that one.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• I believe that in one of Bear's streams, Bear determined that to successfully throttle a pipeline's throughput, one needs 2 of the smaller pipe size.

Oh I think I found the cause. When MultiTileEntityPipeFluid::distribute is to push the contained fluid into an adjacent fluid pipe, it does so only aTank.getFluidAmount() - mCapacity / 2. (Note that the bandwidth of a fluid pipe is defined as capacity / 2.) But when its target is a fluid tank instead, it tries to push the entire fluid it has. This means in a setup like [larger pipe]--[smaller pipe]--[tank], the smaller one can transfer fluids at the rate of up to twice its bandwidth, as long as the larger one can max out the capacity of the smaller one.

Greg, what do you think about it? To me it sounds like a bug.

• Oh I think I found the cause. When MultiTileEntityPipeFluid::distribute is to push the contained fluid into an adjacent fluid pipe, it does so only aTank.getFluidAmount() - mCapacity / 2. (Note that the bandwidth of a fluid pipe is defined as capacity / 2.) But when its target is a fluid tank instead, it tries to push the entire fluid it has. This means in a setup like [larger pipe]--[smaller pipe]--[tank], the smaller one can transfer fluids at the rate of up to twice its bandwidth, as long as the larger one can max out the capacity of the smaller one.

Greg, what do you think about it? To me it sounds like a bug.

Its a complicated thing, it distributes first and then tries to fill everything that isnt a pipe with the rest because otherwise it wouldnt fill anything properly, such as vanilla cauldrons.

GregTech Website

• Its a complicated thing, it distributes first and then tries to fill everything that isnt a pipe with the rest because otherwise it wouldnt fill anything properly, such as vanilla cauldrons.

Oh yeah, that's true. So you can't simply fill tanks with a half of the fluid in a pipe. Hmm...

But at least you can do it for IFluidHandler, can't you? Never mind. I forgot about things like GT molds.

• I was under the impression that tanks did fill with half the fluid in a pipe, because of this tidbit:

6.06.00:

[IMPORTANT]

Fluid Pipes have their Tank Capacity halved, but they still transfer the same amount of Fluid per Tick.

DRAINS NEED TO BE ON PIPES TWICE THE SIZE TO WORK PROPERLY!!! (unless they are in an Ocean, Swamp or River)

This will also affect filling of vanilla Cauldrons (334L) and Advanced Worktables, as you need a Pipe twice the size for that now.

But filling tanks with half the fluid in a pipe would cause bandwidth issues if I understand it correctly:

So, if tanks filled with half the fluid in a pipe after distribution, it would mean the bandwidth gets cut to 1/3 the tank capacity.

The posted solution worked though: using two pipes throttles the fluid per tick to expected values. So if fluid pipes don't change, I can effectively "abuse" this to get an additional set of pipe bandwidths to play with.

• Pipes can fill 100% with their respective content, just while they are transferring normal amounts they will always be at half capacity, only if there is backlog they begin to fill up 100%.

And yes you can abuse Pipes if you know exactly how they work. I am not going to make any more changes to them as far as I know so youre on the safe side.

Also we got an Update https://www.patreon.com/posts/19176510

GregTech Website

• alright so throwing myself into this without any information on how this new one works was a bad idea.

I can assume how some of the new Energy units and machines are supposed to work,

Heat Unit (HU), Kinetic Unit (KU), Electric Unit (EU), Rotation Unit? (RU?), Light Unit? (LU?), Cool Unit?(CU? technically "cold" is just the absence of heat, so shouldn't it just be -HU?), ???? Unit (QU)

but that is where it pretty much ends.

i cannot even find ores because the ore gen doesn't appear to use the "n Mod 3" function anymore.

is there some ingame manual for the concepts of some features/machines and units? or is it just a blind guessing game?

• I can assume how some of the new Energy units and machines are supposed to work,

Heat Unit (HU), Kinetic Unit (KU), Electric Unit (EU), Rotation Unit? (RU?), Light Unit? (LU?), Cool Unit?(CU? technically "cold" is just the absence of heat, so shouldn't it just be -HU?), ???? Unit (QU)

Its Quantum Unit, as for Rotation is called rotational, coolant unit is what you meant, as far as heat unit is called heating unit, these initials are correction. The few power systems which are unused are Lighting unit, AU, MJ, TU, NU, and TC Aspects.

2017-05-31_13.57.44.png

According to the power system screenshot ;)

Color Codes and Format Codes for the rules:

Red Meaning Don't Read that.

Green Meaning must Read that.

Blue Meaning everytime someone swears (like extensive bad language) on purpose it will be changed into a not a swearing text. Since I cannot delete other peoples text unless I am a admin or something that allows to get rid of the extensive bad language post. I absolutely hated swearing or worse extensive bad language.

Yellow Meaning That is incorrect.

Purple Meaning Spelling Correction

• i cannot even find ores because the ore gen doesn't appear to use the "n Mod 3" function anymore.

https://gregtech.overminddl1.c…regtech_1.7.10/earlygame/ Try this information.

GregTech Website

• Cool Unit?(CU? technically "cold" is just the absence of heat, so shouldn't it just be -HU?)

It was, originally, but IIRC Greg wanted all units to have positive value.

However, I believe they still would automatically convert, if a -HU producer/consumer existed.

is there some ingame manual for the concepts of some features/machines and units? or is it just a blind guessing game?

NEI and Tooltips. Find a recipe using something you have, or producing something you want, look in the lower right of the recipe for the slideshow of GT machines that can (if the recipe is within or below the machine's tier) process that recipe, find in NEI a converter that produces the required energy type and amount, find in NEI a converter that produces its required energy type and amount, etc., then build.

[FIXED] GT6 Ores generating in Villages by making Villages only have Smooth Sandstone instead of Normal Sandstone.

Ok that makes plenty of sense. Ores should not be generating on sandy villages.

Color Codes and Format Codes for the rules:

Red Meaning Don't Read that.

Green Meaning must Read that.

Blue Meaning everytime someone swears (like extensive bad language) on purpose it will be changed into a not a swearing text. Since I cannot delete other peoples text unless I am a admin or something that allows to get rid of the extensive bad language post. I absolutely hated swearing or worse extensive bad language.

Yellow Meaning That is incorrect.

Purple Meaning Spelling Correction

• well that is somewhat of a help, but other than small ores and the occasional ore bearing stone leading to some ore there are no giant ore viens? even these indicator flowers are confusing, i tried digging down below them without any luck.

this cannot be the only way to get ore, through mini veins. i mean. especially the further you get in the mod.

• well that is somewhat of a help, but other than small ores and the occasional ore bearing stone leading to some ore there are no giant ore viens? even these indicator flowers are confusing, i tried digging down below them without any luck.

this cannot be the only way to get ore, through mini veins. i mean. especially the further you get in the mod.

Indicator Flower = You have to go to Bedrock.

Rock Bearing an Ore = There is an insanely huge Ore Vein below you.

Small Ores = Stayed the same as before.

GregTech Website