[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• alright, cool. so i just need so search a lot and set waypoints to ore deposits. and dig very deep.

does GT also add some kind of bags to carry more stuff? since it adds so many stone kinds, rocks, crushed ores, dusts, etc your inventory will fill up rather quickly when exploring. so some early game bags to expand the capacity of stuff you can carry would be sweet.

• Just when I thought I finally understood how fluid pipes work I found out that I was wrong again.

Setup should work, right? WRONG! The boiler on the right (or left, one of them) overpressurizes, and the merged pipeline doesn't get the expected 512 Steam/t!

As far as I can tell, what happens is the following:

• Merged pipe pressurizes partially.
    • One of the pipes above the boilers ticks first, and fills the merged pipe.
    • The other pipe ticks, can't fill the merged pipe because there isn't enough space for all the steam, and the steam gets stuck.

I tried a bunch of different pipe sizes, nothing worked.

Honestly at this point it feels like the pipe tooltip capacity is false advertising, because I pretty much haven't gotten the advertised bandwidth ever...

• Setup should work, right? WRONG! The boiler on the right (or left, one of them) overpressurizes, and the merged pipeline doesn't get the expected 512 Steam/t!

Yeah, so if I'm understanding Greg correctly, normally any two adjacent pipes would

tick on alternate game ticks, but when you add in an extender, all three of those pipe

sections attached to it (the 2 inputs and the 1 output) tick in the same game tick

(picture a chessboard - they would either all be white or all be black). This means you

can get slightly different behaviour depending on the order in which the pipes tick.

So although you avoid the backflow issue of combining pipes directly, you can't avoid

tick-order issues entirely.

Relying on memory here, so could easily be wrong, but my instinct is that a larger

output pipe should work... the pipes over the boilers have a single output so should

attempt to output capacity/2 regardless of the content of the central output pipe

(which, if I remember correctly, is only involved in the calculation for dividing between

two or more outputs). The only reason I can think for them to output less is if there

isn't room in the central pipe.

……..

Actually, thinking about it - that pressure valve is only going to vent once the top

section is completely full, by which point the one below it could easily have less than

512 L of space remaining in it.

For this kind of testing maybe pipe the steam into a drum? (which due to exploit-

-prevention, should just void all the steam that reaches it.)

• You are correct that it's doing this because there isn't enough space in the central pipe. However, replacing the section attached to the Tank Extender with a larger pipe just makes it pressurize to 4467/4800L instead of 867/1200L, so it's not fixing the issue.

(I could replace the whole pipe with larger pipes and it would work, but the central issue here is that 600L/t pipes aren't working as advertised since they fail to be carrying 512L/t steam...)

My SMP setup pipes steam into an Ender Garbage Bin and it has the same overpressurizing problem - so I don't think the problem solely lies with the pressure valve. (Although to get the same behavior, you need a longer pipe - 2 pipes into Ender Garbage Bin flows fine.)

• Honestly at this point it feels like the pipe tooltip capacity is false advertising, because I pretty much haven't gotten the advertised bandwidth ever...

What if that pressure valve that you connected Stuff to is the issue? Because that thing is designed in a way that makes sure the Pipe is full before it emits anything!

For Tests like this use an Ender Garbage Bin or something instead of a Pressure Valve, if you want to test flow capacities.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Not quite, I decided for every Tool individually if it made sense to autocollect Stuff, Drills make sense, Chainsaws dont.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Not quite, I decided for every Tool individually if it made sense to autocollect Stuff, Drills make sense, Chainsaws dont.

Why? It seems like a nice bonus feature for drills, but not necessary. I don't see any reason why it should be different for chainsaws.

• Why? It seems like a nice bonus feature for drills, but not necessary. I don't see any reason why it should be different for chainsaws.

I went for IRL in this case. A Drill having something that collects the harvested Rock makes sense. A Chainsaw on the other hand basically cuts an entire Tree down in one go, and that doesnt make sense to have an autocollect there, so you need to go with a Magnetic Chainsaw instead.

GregTech Website

• Funny. C-foam can not be extracded with a tap into a cheap wooden barrel, and transferring in to a barrel with a stainless steel drum voids it, yet I can see no reason for this.

• Funny. C-foam can not be extracded with a tap into a cheap wooden barrel, and transferring in to a barrel with a stainless steel drum voids it, yet I can see no reason for this.

Wooden barrels only accept simple Fluids. Or earlygame Fluids so to say. Guess what C-Foam definitely is not.

GregTech Website

• Wooden barrels only accept simple Fluids. Or earlygame Fluids so to say. Guess what C-Foam definitely is not.

If you can see that tooltip on the recipe. You can see what if it is a simple fluid. At a first thought that it is a easy to obtain but guess not.

Color Codes and Format Codes for the rules:

Red Meaning Don't Read that.

Green Meaning must Read that.

Blue Meaning everytime someone swears (like extensive bad language) on purpose it will be changed into a not a swearing text. Since I cannot delete other peoples text unless I am a admin or something that allows to get rid of the extensive bad language post. I absolutely hated swearing or worse extensive bad language.

Yellow Meaning That is incorrect.

Purple Meaning Spelling Correction

• Ran into (what I believe to be) a strange bug with Nonuple Stainless Steel Fluid Pipes.

In my sulfuric acid processing setup, I have two mixers: one makes sulfur trioxide (we'll call that Mixer A), and the other makes sulfuric acid (Mixer B). Both automatically output though the back to the same nonuple stainless steel fluid pipe, we'll call that the output pipe. Above that pipe, I have another nonuple stainless steel fluid pipe connected to it, we'll call that the main pipe. On the top side of the main pipe, I attached a fluid filter cover for water, then supply water through that side with a Tiny Bronze Fluid Pipe (which itself receives water from a Huge Sealed Wood Fluid Pipe coming from a drain at the bottom of my river). Above Mixer B, I have a fluid filter block connected to the main pipe on one of its sides that filters out sulfur trioxide and water from the main pipe into Mixer B. On the back side of the main pipe, I have a fluid filter cover that filters out sulfuric acid and moves it (through Tiny Stainless Steel Fluid Pipes) into a Bath, where purified ores can then be refined.

This worked fine the session that I built it, but when I fired it up in the most recent session I noticed the sulfur trioxide wasn't leaving Mixer A. Inspecting the output pipe with a magnifying glass showed that it contained 500 L of Sulfur Trioxide, 154 L of Water, and 5 L of Sulfuric Acid. Inspecting the main pipe showed that it contained 157 L of Water. This is strange because both of those pipes should be full of water. I inspected it several times over a short period of time, and it appeared none of the fluids were moving. Disconnecting then reconnecting the output pipe and main pipe with the wrench's right-click fixed it for a few ticks at best, but after that the fluids stop flowing again. I seemed to fix the issue by replacing the tiny bronze fluid pipe with a stainless steel drum and setting it to auto-output; both of the nonuple pipes fill with water and all of the fluids start moving again.

• I see where the Issue is, you do know that the bandwidth of the smallest pipe determines how fast the fluid flow is to the destination, right?

GregTech Website

• I see where the Issue is, you do know that the bandwidth of the smallest pipe determines how fast the fluid flow is to the destination, right?

For the water? Speed's not the issue here, it's the fact that none of the fluids in the pipe were flowing. As far as the water's concerned, I could see how using a tiny bronze fluid pipe to supply water a nonuple stainless steel fluid pipe was a bad idea (the nonuple would move water to the tiny faster than the tiny would move water to the nonuple if I'm understanding correctly). But why would that affect the other fluids in the nonuple pipe like the sulfur trioxide? That goes from Mixer A, through the two nonuple stainless steel fluid pipes, through the fluid filter, and into Mixer B. The only two pipes involved there have the same bandwidth.

The post was edited 2 times, last by theJ89: clarification ().

• For the water? Speed's not the issue here, it's the fact that none of the fluids in the pipe were flowing. As far as the water's concerned, I could see how using a tiny bronze fluid pipe to supply water a nonuple stainless steel fluid pipe was a bad idea (the nonuple would move water to the tiny faster than the tiny would move water to the nonuple if I'm understanding correctly). But why would that affect the other fluids in the nonuple pipe like the sulfur trioxide? That goes from Mixer A, through the two nonuple stainless steel fluid pipes, through the fluid filter, and into Mixer B. The only two pipes involved there have the same bandwidth.

Need Screenshot for that one to know what the hell is going wrong.

GregTech Website

• Okay, here's a few screenshots of it from various angles.

Mixer A's pictured receiving sulfur dioxide from the roasting oven here:

zMzbitK.jpg

Mixer B's pictured here beneath the fluid filter. Also pictured: The huge sealed wood pipe supplying water to the tiny bronze pipes + nonuple stainless steel pipes:

gYOWoZP.jpg

Here's the back (ignore the pipe to the right of mixer B and the drum behind it, those supply oxygen to the roaster):

LbOO4jm.jpg

If these are too messy, let me know and I can annotate and/or isolate the problematic parts.

• Yeah I need to know what pipe the problem pipe is and from where the material comes and everything, better go into paint or something and make neat arrows on these images in great detail so I can actually understand where something went wrong. ^^

GregTech Website

• alright, cool. so i just need so search a lot and set waypoints to ore deposits. and dig very deep.

does GT also add some kind of bags to carry more stuff? since it adds so many stone kinds, rocks, crushed ores, dusts, etc your inventory will fill up rather quickly when exploring. so some early game bags to expand the capacity of stuff you can carry would be sweet.

If youre online again, maybe try this Version of GregTech in regards of the Startup Crash. https://gregtech.overminddl1.com/secretdownloads/

GregTech Website