[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Infinite? No thats reserved for Debug Items.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Can you not connect red alloy wire to redstone dust? Also I don't seem to remember redstone dust strongly powering a block it is sitting on top of. I swear that was reserved for a repeater. Yet when I put a redstone dust on top of a cfoam bloak that is above a red alloy wire ( not conneted to the cfoam even ) that goes into the side of a piston, the piston activates. Shouldn't that not happen?

Here's a screen shot. I have removed the cfoam block and the redstone dust on top of it, which I am using to produce a slightly weakened signal to compare with the output from the energy sensor to extend the pistons and stop the boilers when the battery is full. With the redstone dust in place, the comparator output shuts off so the left piston retracts, but the right piston extends and I can not figure out why.

• Can you not connect red alloy wire to redstone dust? Also I don't seem to remember redstone dust strongly powering a block it is sitting on top of. I swear that was reserved for a repeater. Yet when I put a redstone dust on top of a cfoam bloak that is above a red alloy wire ( not conneted to the cfoam even ) that goes into the side of a piston, the piston activates. Shouldn't that not happen?

Here's a screen shot. I have removed the cfoam block and the redstone dust on top of it, which I am using to produce a slightly weakened signal to compare with the output from the energy sensor to extend the pistons and stop the boilers when the battery is full. With the redstone dust in place, the comparator output shuts off so the left piston retracts, but the right piston extends and I can not figure out why.

Redstone Dust strongly powers the Block it is sitting on top of, thats normal. Same goes for Redstone Dust strongly powering whatever it internally (but not visually) points into.

And in order to connect my Wires to Redstone Dust you have to actually open the connection to the side the Redstone Wire is on. Redstone ust visually connects to EVERY GT6 Block, and that is kinda hard to fix ithout causing Lag.

But to make it reaaaaally short, dont use Vanilla Redstone, its fucking broken.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Redstone Dust strongly powers the Block it is sitting on top of, thats normal. Same goes for Redstone Dust strongly powering whatever it internally (but not visually) points into.

I thought it was only weakly powered, but ok... why is the piston extending? The base isn't powered; only the block that the piston extends into is powered.

And in order to connect my Wires to Redstone Dust you have to actually open the connection to the side the Redstone Wire is on. Redstone ust visually connects to EVERY GT6 Block, and that is kinda hard to fix ithout causing Lag.

I did that. It still wasn't working.

But to make it reaaaaally short, dont use Vanilla Redstone, its fucking broken.

I had to in order to generate an attenuated signal to compare with the analog output of the energy sensor since you can't configure it to emit a full signal at a specific level like you can with the bucket-o-meter.

• You know you can invert the Signal Output on that Cover, right? And the Reason there is no Sensor Block is that this shit stores WAAAAY too much Energy for the Display to handle.

GregTech Website

• Infinite? No that's reserved for Debug Items.

For Example: A debug scanner which contains every energy system. Oh yeah cyan meaning it is a tip or you don't have to read that FYI.

Color Codes and Format Codes for the rules:

Red Meaning Don't Read that.

Green Meaning must Read that.

Blue Meaning everytime someone swears (like extensive bad language) on purpose it will be changed into a not a swearing text. Since I cannot delete other peoples text unless I am a admin or something that allows to get rid of the extensive bad language post. I absolutely hated swearing or worse extensive bad language.

Yellow Meaning That is incorrect.

Purple Meaning Spelling Correction

The post was edited 1 time, last by MrEyeballs29: Just removing some other crap and stuff. ().

• But crap and shit are describing the same fecal matter :P

And it aint my fault if you dont like me using certain words.

GregTech Website

• MrEyeballs29 presuming you have the necessary permissions to install browser plugins, you could do that (and automatically hide the words for yourself, and anyone viewing your computer) instead of trying to persuade Greg to change his habits. For Firefox, I very quickly found one called "Advanced Profanity Filter", and if you're using a different browser, I expect you could still find something similar.

• You know you can invert the Signal Output on that Cover, right? And the Reason there is no Sensor Block is that this shit stores WAAAAY too much Energy for the Display to handle.

Of course; one of them is inverted. You still need an attenuated signal and comparator. The inversion just lets you not have to attenuate it all the way down to 3; you can invert and compare with 13 instead. Actually I think I changed the startup to 12 since the boilers take some time to start up.

Also what's wrong with a display that is in %EU? You don't need the exact amount, just the nearest percent is fine.

• There is some math error afoot. The pistons to shut down my burning boxes did not extend even when the battery box was at 100% charge when I had the redstone torch separated from the comparator by 1 block of redstone dust, so a redstone charge of 15 was not reached even then. I moved the torch one block further away so the comparator now sees a charge of 14, and apparently the output of the energy sensor on the battery box does not reach 14 and lower the pistons until the batteries are about 800,000/2,000,000.

• Very unrelated but also very related.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/19405739

Could every European here try put a stop to that upcoming law? Preferrably before the 20th of June?

http://copyright4creativity.eu…-the-eu-copyright-reform/

https://juliareda.eu/eu-copyright-reform/

GregTech Website

• MrEyeballs29 presuming you have the necessary permissions to install browser plugins, you could do that (and automatically hide the words for yourself, and anyone viewing your computer) instead of trying to persuade Greg to change his habits. For Firefox, I very quickly found one called "Advanced Profanity Filter", and if you're using a different browser, I expect you could still find something similar.

Umm I am using Chrome but thank you very much. Also trying to change to blue texts does sometimes way too. finally I don't have to change any profanity words into with just using blue text.

Color Codes and Format Codes for the rules:

Red Meaning Don't Read that.

Green Meaning must Read that.

Blue Meaning everytime someone swears (like extensive bad language) on purpose it will be changed into a not a swearing text. Since I cannot delete other peoples text unless I am a admin or something that allows to get rid of the extensive bad language post. I absolutely hated swearing or worse extensive bad language.

Yellow Meaning That is incorrect.

Purple Meaning Spelling Correction

• Not a European, but after reading through those links, man this proposed law is garbage.

The proposed reform would turn this on its head: FotoCommunity would now be obligated to actively prevent users from uploading anything rightholders had identified to FotoCommunity.

This is a huge engineering challenge: The site would need to develop a filter that checks each uploaded picture against a database of copyrighted pictures. YouTube, which runs a similar filter on uploaded videos to identify copyrighted music or clips, says it has spent more than 60 million dollars building this technology.

Just what the internet needs, more YouTube-like Content ID systems. These kinds of systems range from mostly to fully automated and lack the ability to contextualize, which conveniently allows "rights-holders" to abuse the system and disregard your rights to Fair Use. And since I'm guessing most startups don't have 60 million dollars to spend developing their own system, that'd force existing startups out of business and forbid new startups from entering the marketplace. More likely, if this goes through it would probably lead to the creation of some kind of third-party service that you'd have to pay on a monthly basis to ensure compliance (think Cloudflare, but instead of protecting you from DDoS they 'protect' you from getting sued for copyright infringement). Hard to say how much this would cost. Either way, it has the effect of limiting competition against large, established media conglomerates.

New obligation on web services: Article 13 of the proposed copyright reform directive introduces new obligations for “information society service providers that store and provide to the public access to large amounts of works or other subject-matter uploaded by their users” – contradicting Article 14 of the E-Commerce Directive, under which services hosting content are not liable for content uploaded by their users. Recital 38 tries to remove this liability exemption from any host provider which “plays an active role, including by optimising the presentation of the uploaded works or promoting them”.

Oh look, they're trying to make websites personally responsible for the actions of their users again. This sounds familiar. And what exactly qualifies as "optimising the presentation of the uploaded works"? Including the title of the work in the URL for SEO purposes? Displaying it on a page that makes it easy to navigate to other works the user has uploaded? And as for the "promotion" I assume this includes things like recommended videos / posts that appear in the sidebar/footer of a different post. That's vague enough it could apply to practically any website.

The obligation to scan all uploads would not just apply to commercial sites, but also to projects like Wikipedia that aren’t run for profit, and which expressly only allow uploads of photos licensed for public re-use. If found to be “providing access to large amounts of works uploaded by their users” they would still need to “prevent the availability of works identified by rightholders”.

On Wikipedia, volunteers may review newly uploaded images – but it’s doubtful whether this loose process would satisfy the new law. More likely, they would need to implement “effective content recognition technologies”.

So when a user publishes a Wikipedia article critical of a "rights-holder", that person/organization (or a non-rightsholder that is sympathetic to them) can just abuse the flawed automated takedown system to censor that criticism. Some scummy game developers have already done this on YouTube (remember Day One: Garry's Incident?). Wikipedia articles are also full of references and quotes to news sites. I take it a good portion of these would be considered "snippets", and each snippet published within the last 20 years would therefore be retroactively subject to these new publisher "link-tax" rights? Jesus christ.

• Yes, all this bullshit. And this makes me worry a lot about my own Stuff as well, since even a small Forum (like THIS one) would be subject to that System! I could never host any Forum or proper Wiki for my Game if that Law came to be in this shape.

I dont know if there is gonna be a feature-containing GT6 Update this week, because this bullshit seriously bothers me... sure the few bugfixes that I usually do would be released, but I can't do any creative work, while thinking about issues like that one...

GregTech Website

• I'm starting to collect a lot of manganese from acid washing things. It seems you can't do anything else with it but make stainless steel, so why is it so much more common than chromium, which has other uses too?

• I'm starting to collect a lot of manganese from acid washing things. It seems you can't do anything else with it but make stainless steel, so why is it so much more common than chromium, which has other uses too?

You can make pyrolusite (manganese dioxide) from manganese by bathing it in water, which is required for alkaline batteries. You can also make tools from it which are slightly better than steel. Other than that, I don't know.

Edit:

I'm on the latest version now. Manganese can also be used for Lithium-Manganese batteries.

The post was edited 1 time, last by theJ89 ().

• Why is bauxite now a unique ore instead of xxxx stone or sand bauxite ore?

Because it is a Rock Layer now. Way more realistic considering how Bauxite is formed IRL.

GregTech Website

• So mass fab stuff suffers no overclocking penalty. How about the smelter? You can always use a stronger burning box to heat a crucible without an overclock penalty, but if you use a stronger burning box to heat a smelter that requires a higher tier smelter, you get hit with the overclocking penalty.