[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Uhhm yeah, definitely not Swift, I am not going to use Apple based Garbage.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Uhhm yeah, definitely not Swift, I am not going to use Apple based Garbage.

+1 lol

And it would never run "clean" on my PC while I use Slackware. I would have to install stupid emulators or something alike.

Ah, got a new crash report. Chunk error:

The crash report seems to be the same, but the console has "Chunk file at -85,88 is in the wrong location; relocating. (Expected -85, 88, got -84, 94)" just before a HandshakeCompletionHandler exception.

(wtf, how many exceptions does java have, that one is new to me)

EDIT:

I did a backup of the save and loaded the fake one without any mods. The world didnt crash, cool. Now I have to see which mod generates errors.

By the way, a GT6 world without GT6 block is just wonderful. It's a huge cave, or something similar, with gravel flying around.

Another edit:

I just added ic2 and gt6, same crash. T.T

• Does this happen on a fresh empty IC2+GT6 world too?

Also just so you know, the Game would definitely be Ubuntu Compatible for sure (I am trying to switch everything I have to Kubuntu already, except the Windows-Only Games), and that usually means Linux and Mac Compatible aswell. But I also want it to be Windows Compatible, so I need to do that some way. OpenJDK might be the way I go unless something better than that appears. (I will definitely not require Oracle JRE to be used, like Mojang/Forge does. But OpenJDK is Oracle Java compatible, so it should work)

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Does this happen on a fresh empty IC2+GT6 world too?

Also just so you know, the Game would definitely be Ubuntu Compatible for sure (I am trying to switch everything I have to Kubuntu already, except the Windows-Only Games), and that usually means Linux and Mac Compatible aswell. But I also want it to be Windows Compatible, so I need to do that some way. OpenJDK might be the way I go unless something better than that appears. (I will definitely not require Oracle JRE to be used, like Mojang/Forge does. But OpenJDK is Oracle Java compatible, so it should work)

It happens only in My world, the world I was using while the blackout almost killed my pc. My guess is that the save is just corrupted... The save or the chunk, or both. In both cases i'm f***ed, because the chunk where I was is my main chunk. I have my whole base in it.

• There is no requirement to use the Oracle Java for Minecraft, OpenJDK has never been different enough to be unusable. I think the biggest thing you'd ever notice is copying to the clipboard not always working on Linux with it.

If you were sticking on the JVM but wanted some of the benefits Swift brings Kotlin is a good choice. Unless you happen to have an irrational fear of JetBrains sponsoring things too.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• There is no requirement to use the Oracle Java for Minecraft, OpenJDK has never been different enough to be unusable. I think the biggest thing you'd ever notice is copying to the clipboard not always working on Linux with it.

If you were sticking on the JVM but wanted some of the benefits Swift brings Kotlin is a good choice. Unless you happen to have an irrational fear of JetBrains sponsoring things too.

Yeah but all of that gets decided once I am actually starting that Game, I still wanna finish GT6 for the most part before starting that. And yes, more Type Safety is definitely an important thing, in addition to all those other features.

Just dont trust Oracle on "staying free to use" on Java.

GregTech Website

• Just dont trust Oracle on "staying free to use" on Java

Oracle have never liked having their own JDK, OpenJDK and the enterprise ones all offering in effect the same thing just using different code bases. The fact they might just ditch their public JDK so that you can either give them money for proper support or rely on OpenJDK's support is neither surprising nor particularly foolish. At the end of the day Java as a language will always be free to develop for and run, just you might not be getting Oracle's closed blobs for free to do it.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Yeah, but I would still go OpenJDK simply because Oracle Java doesnt 100% work on Linux Systems. I tried it, only specific Versions are compatible with Ubuntu, so that lackluster support is not something I would like to rely on either.

GregTech Website

• It is not the plugins that are the issue, its the thing that allows plugins to even exist that is the issue!

Also I wanted to post the Link to the GT Forums but apparently the Forums sanitized my face away from the svg Logo Files, unless OvermindDL1 pranked me or something. Or Firefox is fucked up what I highly doubt because other Vectorgraphics of the SAME IMAGE are working just fine.

So we are gonna try to fix that Issue and then I will post that link I promised, and if its not fixed then I will post it tomorrow anyways.

GregTech Website

• Okay promised is promised. https://www.patreon.com/posts/20568624

Minor Firefox Issue still not fixed, but at least you got the Forums. ^^

Btw the first 50 Users will have Email Notifications enabled by default, so make sure those settings dont annoy you too much ;)

GregTech Website

• Добрый день, не могли бы вы сделать русификатор на GregTech 6?? а то мне трудно играть на английской версии, я знаю что вы скажите "учи английский понятней будет", а я скажу "МНЕ ЛЕНЬ УЧИТЬ АНГЛИЙСКИЙ И ТРУДНО"

Good afternoon, could you make a Russify on GregTech 6 ?? it's hard for me to play the English version, I know that you say "learn English is more understandable", I'll say "I'm Lazy to Learn English"

Sorry for my bad english.

• Добрый день, не могли бы вы сделать русификатор на GregTech 6?? а то мне трудно играть на английской версии, я знаю что вы скажите "учи английский понятней будет", а я скажу "МНЕ ЛЕНЬ УЧИТЬ АНГЛИЙСКИЙ И ТРУДНО"

Good afternoon, could you make a Russify on GregTech 6 ?? it's hard for me to play the English version, I know that you say "learn English is more understandable", I'll say "I'm Lazy to Learn English"

Sorry for my bad english.

I cant speak russian so maybe ask someone on the Localisation Section for Russian Translation.

GregTech Website

• Hi gregoriusT

i am have a issuse about ore generation, cant find any vein of ores, and yes i know how vein generating in GT6

tryed dig 3x3 chunks and nothing or i am blind or somthing or mayby because i am have over 200 mods loaded ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) IDK

Don't look back and fight to the last

The post was edited 1 time, last by joinmod ().

• Hi gregoriusT

i am have a issuse about ore generation, cant find any vein of ores, and yes i know how vein generating in GT6

tryed dig 3x3 chunks and nothing or i am blind or somthing or mayby because i am have over 200 mods loaded ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) IDK

You obviously dont know how Ores are generated in GT6 because if you did you wouldnt do the every 3 chunks thing.

https://gregtech.overminddl1.com/1.7.10/earlygame/

GregTech Website

• https://www.patreon.com/posts/20718854

No Update this week, because I move from Windows 8 to Kubuntu. So far I got most things to work, and there is only trivial Stuff left to do. ;)

GregTech Website

• How it feels on Kubuntu? God damn my laptop, i can't install anything over windows on it.

If you want Windows compatible Games its very difficult, but if you want programs to do actual work with then everything I can think of is available and that for Free. There is ofcourse Free Linux based Games, that are sometimes better and sometimes worse than the original Games.

And to install Kubuntu you only need either a DVD or a USB Stick with 2 Gigabytes (2 000 000 000 Bytes, not 2 048 000 000 Bytes), and a way to get into the Boot Menu. Sometimes you don't even need the Boot Menu and it gets detected automatically.

GregTech Website

• can i still ask questions here or do i have to do so on the new gt specific forums? just let me know if this is inappropriate. haven't played in a good few months so not up to date on what has changed. stopped playing just after the worldgen changed. currently having an issue with running my dense liquid burning boxes. it seems that the fuel capacity has been lowered from 4800 to 960. any specific reason for this? is there a config in which i can change this value back? my machines don't work anymore