[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• can i still ask questions here or do i have to do so on the new gt specific forums? just let me know if this is inappropriate. haven't played in a good few months so not up to date on what has changed. stopped playing just after the worldgen changed. currently having an issue with running my dense liquid burning boxes. it seems that the fuel capacity has been lowered from 4800 to 960. any specific reason for this? is there a config in which i can change this value back? my machines don't work anymore

You can always ask here ofcourse, I'm checking here at least once a day (actually more like a dozen times a day). ^^

And the Fuel capacity of Dense Boxes has that much of an Effect? Okay I might need to find a much better way of calculating internal Tank Size to always allow almost exactly 20 ticks worth of operation regardless of the Fuel used.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• i'm using a combination of mods currently so that might have an effect on its ability to work, but here is how it functions: logistics pipes has a system that allows automated filling of liquid inventories in which you set the amount and benchmark of where it needs to fill. it checks these inventories every certain amount of ticks (not entirely sure how long the tick is) after which point it requests an amount in 1000(liquidunit) chunks. this request isn't instant and has to pass through the pipes until it reaches its destination. since the capacity is nearly 1/5th of what it used to be, and because it is lower than the 1000 unit benchmark required, it doesn't even properly register that it needs to be filled, and even when it does register the liquid takes too long to get there and the machine stops running.these are all run on fuel btw. i'm even noticing with my liquid tungsten burning box, which is constantly fed with 2000 units, is stopping extremely frequently. if there was a config that allowed me to manually select the fuel capacity for these machines that would completely solve the issue (if that is possible) picture attached shows how the interface for the liquid supplier(fills the adjacent inventory with desired liquid) works. all of these systems worked perfectly fine the last time i was playing, i would say it completely has to do with fuel capacity

• also, is there somewhere i can read a simple notepad (or something similar) changelog? i want to figure out at least the big parts of what has changed since last time i played

• Oh, that might be a little bit more of a Problem then...

Tried putting a single GT Pipe going from the LP Output into the Box? The Pipe would count as Tank too and might solve your "uncertain Capacity" Issues alltogether.

Edit: There is a Text File Variant on the Download Page.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• so i tried it out, and it didn't end up working. Because the suppliers are stacked on top of each other, the pipes need to be stacked. it seems in this situation, it doesn't register the two as different inventories, and fills both with distilled water. strangely, the top pipe also continuously requests water even when both inventories are filled. i was able to fix my current issue by removing the "benchmark" of 1000 units, but it will likely increase my energy use significantly. was there a super important reason why capacities were lowered so severely? just curious

• so i tried it out, and it didn't end up working. Because the suppliers are stacked on top of each other, the pipes need to be stacked. it seems in this situation, it doesn't register the two as different inventories, and fills both with distilled water. strangely, the top pipe also continuously requests water even when both inventories are filled. i was able to fix my current issue by removing the "benchmark" of 1000 units, but it will likely increase my energy use significantly. was there a super important reason why capacities were lowered so severely? just curious

Yeah, because the Burning Box when turned off had very significant amounts of Fuel inside of it, making Fuel switching very expensive. And if you dont want the lower Pipe to accept Distilled Water then maaaaaabye disconnect the lower Pipe from the Top Pipe! You even have a Wrench for that in your hand!

GregTech Website

• so how do i get gold now if all of the gold containing ores turn into pyrite, which doesn't contain any gold?

Edit: also, is there a cover that automatically turns off machines when they are no longer processing anything?

• so how do i get gold now if all of the gold containing ores turn into pyrite, which doesn't contain any gold?

Edit: also, is there a cover that automatically turns off machines when they are no longer processing anything?

By finding actual Gold Ore that isn't Fools Gold inside Limestone maybe?

And yes there is a Cover for that. Not sure how I named it but it has the word AUTO on its Icon.

GregTech Website

• looking in the crusher recipes, every single gold containing ore turns into pyrite, not just limestone

Maybe look at recipes for actual crushed Gold Ore instead of crushed Pyrite Ore. Pyrite Ore has the name and Textures of Gold Ore BECAUSE it is Fools-Gold, you are literally making a fool out of yourself for believing that its Gold, just like Pyrite does to people in real Life!

Pyrite Ore can be found as Small Ore in every Stone Type ofcourse, but for the larger Pyrite Ores that's only in Limestone. Try looking in Andesite Stone near Bedrock for Gold Veins, or check that one stack of crushed Gold Ore that doesnt wanna stack with crushed "Gold Ore".

GregTech Website

• Oh did I add it to two Stone Types? I might have, but Gold is only Andesite. There is no Bugs there, everything is working as intended, it is one of the things I personally tested AND that Bear tested aswell, its not broken and you're just not looking hard enough. ;)

GregTech Website

• I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website

• And the War around EU Copyright Censorship goes on...

https://juliareda.eu/2018/08/c…ip-machines-gonna-censor/

GregTech Website

• ok so i looked through the changelog until i read about the rock layers update because you mentioned that ores were now biome/rocktype dependant. seeing as gold now only spawns in andesite, i checked through both worldgen folders to see if i could find any information about where other ore types would be located. i didn't find, or perhaps didn't understand the folders, but i couldn't find the information i was looking for. my question is: where is the folder that tells me the rock type and biome of the ores i'm looking for? or should i say, any of the ores i might be looking for?

• There is only the Info the FTB Wiki has from decompiled Code. no Configs for it due to its complexity.

As for Biomes, those only ever affect Gemstone Veins, like Sapphire or Emerald (Or you need to be in Thaumcrafts Magic Biome for those Magic Crystals). NOTHING else is affected by Biomes

GregTech Website

• By finding Rutile or Ilmenite Rocks on the Surface and then digging straight down.

GregTech Website

• I have to say that, while I’m playing GT5U and not GT6, I approve of a change where you prospect for ores by finding clues on the surface instead of digging vertical shafts.

Gregtech’s ore generation has always been a meaningful part of the appeal of the mod, since the dispersed, concentrated veins meant you had to explore, and potentially build a logistics network to bring ore from distant sites (I favor rails for this, myself).

The drawback is that ore prospecting in Gregtech has always been tedious, and sometimes very frustrating when you’re missing a key ore. Taking advantage of the 3x3 grid generation has always felt artificial and gamey, but playing with Ad Astera’s ore generation for Gregtech demonstrated how vital it was to have some sort of prospecting method. Absent the ore generation on a grid, searching a 3 dimensional volume was absolutely prohibitive. The vertical shafts on a 3x3 grid wasn’t great, but it was better than nothing.

The Seismic Prospector was a solution, but since it was gated behind 512V tech for the data sticks, there’s a long, long time when it’s unavailable. There are a couple of non-Gregtech mods for prospecting, but they either ignore Gregtech ores or report all of them as the same ore (something odd like hydrogen, IIRC).

Surface clues are much better.