[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• So I was thinking that it is kind of annoying that you have to have a press and a dryer ( needs steel ) to get sugar.. it makes cooking a lot of pams stuff early on impossible. How about adding a reed bale you can dry out like grass, then grind in the mortar to get a reduced amount of sugar?

Is that even remotely how to refine Sugar IRL? Sugar was supposed to be not earlygame whatsoever, that Stuff is actually hard to get IRL as far as I know.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Thanks for answering my questions, Greg!

I have a few more:

1) Is there a way to optimally combine Tiny Purified and Centrifuged Ores into normal ones apart from having hundreds of item barrels for each task?

2) Is there some way to automate crop harvesting and wood chopping just with GregTech?

3) I finally started to slowly crawl towards Electric age (I've been playing for like a year), and, well... What is the difference between different tiers of circuit plates?

4) Maybe a bug - if I jam a regular metal plate on the steam turbine's bottom output, then put a barrel right under that turbine, the barrel will still get filled with distilled water.

• 1) OreDict Filter + Large Hopper set to output exactly 9 Items -> insert into Machine, since Machines always take 9 tiny purified instead of 1 purified.

2) Not right now, apart from the vanilla ways to do so.

3) The difference is the Tier of Circuit you get when you put them with the right Chips. You can use high tier plates for shit tier circuits by using the wrong Chips for example.

4) Most Covers dont block anything anymore, only decorative.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• The anvil recipe for small springs has gone missing.

Like entirely? Pretty sure the Fine Wire to Small Spring one still exists.

GregTech Website

• There still exist wire -> small spring anvil recipe. Maybe just some wires don't exist.

When I look up a bronze engine and click r over the small spring, only one recipe is listed and it's in the roll bender. I also clicked on the NEI button on the anvil and after a very long freeze, flipped through a few dozen of the 1000+ pages of recipes and didn't see any small springs.

• Yeah because I had to remove it due to a Recipe overlap.

GregTech Website

• On Bear's stream you said there are only 4 bits of data to work with for the positions of the bars, but why isn't that enough? 4 bits = 16 possible positions. You only need 6.

• If the Forums continue to log me out right whenever I wanna post something I am gonna use them even less than I already do by now...

So now you can't make an engine to drive a crusher before first making a turbine and roll bender? I thought that overlap involved TWO rods ( and a file ), not a single rod?

Unsure if that is fully the case.

So you nerfed zirconium? Why? I'm pretty sure that besides diamonds, that was the only gem that you could embed into a steel pick that actually made it better.

Zirconium wasn't supposed to be that abundant. That is the reason. Because you got shitloads of that Stuff originally.

On Bear's stream you said there are only 4 bits of data to work with for the positions of the bars, but why isn't that enough? 4 bits = 16 possible positions. You only need 6.

you need 6 bits for all 6 sides, you forget that you can place more than 1 bars block into one place. What if you have 4 bars inside a single Block?

GregTech Website

• Unsure if that is fully the case.

If what is the case? The overlap, or the fact that you now can't make a crusher ( well, the engine to power it ) until after making a roll bender? I'm pretty sure that you can and should put back the 1 bar large anvil -> small spring recipe. Or if not, then put it back to the small bending cylinder.

Zirconium wasn't supposed to be that abundant. That is the reason. Because you got shitloads of that Stuff originally.

True; it is rather abundant.

you need 6 bits for all 6 sides, you forget that you can place more than 1 bars block into one place. What if you have 4 bars inside a single Block?

Nevermind... I'm a dingdong.

The post was edited 1 time, last by psusi ().

• https://www.patreon.com/posts/23029799

The Springs are fixed dont worry

Let me post for fucks sake... Damn Forums

GregTech Website

• The Springs are fixed dont worry

I don't see anything about fixing small springs in either the blog post or the changelog. I did notice that there is a small anvil recipe for a bar that makes a ring, so I guess that was the conflict? How about hammering the ring a second time changes it into a small spring?

• NEI says that a refined cassetirite smelts in the crucible for 4 tin chunks, or 1 tin, but it appears to give a little more than that. I keep ending up with some extra after combining one with 3 copper. I guess it is less than 1/9th of a unit because when I shovel it out I get no scrap.

• NEI says that a refined cassetirite smelts in the crucible for 4 tin chunks, or 1 tin, but it appears to give a little more than that. I keep ending up with some extra after combining one with 3 copper. I guess it is less than 1/9th of a unit because when I shovel it out I get no scrap.

Go with the Units and not with the NEIs. NEI just gives you a rough visual representation.

GregTech Website

• Hi greg,

Is the idea behind your electrical systems that you use a battery buffer behind each machine analogue to the way you use single boilers and burning boxes for every machine in early game ? I have a couple of electrical setups where I try to power multiple machines using one buffer. In the setup with 4 magnetic separators I use 5 batteries which in terms of power usages should be sufficient (4 * 128/t + 10 loss/t). In my electrolyzer setup I use 4 batteries which is way more than they supposedly would require (They process gray vitriol so it comes out to 3*84EU/t). Is there some monkey buisness with wasting packages by filling the first machine internal energy storage or something like this? When I provide work to the machines only 2 of the 3 electrolyzers run simultaneously and only 3 out of the 4 magnetic separators run simultaneously.

http://puu.sh/CbJMq/53a59195b2.jpg