[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Yeah Monkey Business, first Machine eats first and it eats as much as it possibly can.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• https://juliareda.eu/2018/12/article-13-mess/

Even the Media Industry doesn't wanna have anything to do with Article 13!

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Oh it is worse, even a single missed copyright breach would cost them tons of money, imagine that for the millions of uploads a day that Youtube has, because Content ID doesn't work THAT well and also often fails at Fair Use. Even worse is that not just Youtube but EVERY SINGLE SOCIAL MEDIA SITE including small things like personal Forums like this one, would have to implement that and would still get fines to pay if copyrighted content got leaked to a European Country by their Users or even Spammers.

To make it short, the entire Free Speech Part of the Internet would basically be deleted WORLDWIDE if that Law comes to be, or Websites just start to Geoblock Europe as a whole, which HOWEVER was illegalized a few weeks ago (unsure if that Anti-Geoblocking only counts for Online Shops though).

P.S. Its about 2 Months left before it happens, if it is not stopped.

GregTech Website

• Oh it is worse, even a single missed copyright breach would cost them tons of money, imagine that for the millions of uploads a day that Youtube has, because Content ID doesn't work THAT well and also often fails at Fair Use. Even worse is that not just Youtube but EVERY SINGLE SOCIAL MEDIA SITE including small things like personal Forums like this one, would have to implement that and would still get fines to pay if copyrighted content got leaked to a European Country by their Users or even Spammers.

To make it short, the entire Free Speech Part of the Internet would basically be deleted WORLDWIDE if that Law comes to be, or Websites just start to Geoblock Europe as a whole, which HOWEVER was illegalized a few weeks ago (unsure if that Anti-Geoblocking only counts for Online Shops though).

P.S. Its about 2 Months left before it happens, if it is not stopped.

I read the actual text of the letter from the trade association linked to from that article and they appear to be arguing the opposite; they claim that this would give youtube more protection than it has now, and that is why they are against it. This confused me because they seem to be saying that right now, youtube is financially responsible for infringing content, but if this is enacted, they won't be as long as they try to avoid it with content-id, and take it down when notified.

• Oh the Youtube thing is the most recent addition to the whole ordeal, before Youtube entered the fray about a month ago this was really threatening everyone, go back to the older Blog Posts to see how bad it has become.

GregTech Website

• Oh the Youtube thing is the most recent addition to the whole ordeal, before Youtube entered the fray about a month ago this was really threatening everyone, go back to the older Blog Posts to see how bad it has become.

Argh... no.. I'm talking about the "letter to MEPs from big film industry associations and sports leagues" that the article leads off with. The rights holder's say they don't like this because it somehow gives youtube et al more protection than they have now, and forces the rights holders to have to pay attention and notice when their works make it past content-id. I can't make any sense out of that.

• Why do dark ashes centrifuge into two piles of normal ashes rather than carbon? I get not having a renewable way ( charcoal or sugar ) to make carbon without some investment ( and it appears the easier way is sugar since it doesn't strictly require stainless steel the way the electrolyzer does ), and I get not being able to directly use dark ashes to make steel, but why not being able to centrifuge some carbon out of dark ashes? Especially since the tooltip says it is C2.

• Oh the Ashes Tooltip needs to be fixed I guess. Yeah no more Carbon from Ashes anymore. Also I just checked, Ashes dont have the Carbon Tooltip anymore since ages, so where do you get that from?

As for whoever reported that Bug with the Sifting Table not working, did you travel to another Dimension right before you did that? Because I just found a Bug that I managed to fix for this Issue, and it might be related to that.

GregTech Website

• Oh the Ashes Tooltip needs to be fixed I guess. Yeah no more Carbon from Ashes anymore. Also I just checked, Ashes dont have the Carbon Tooltip anymore since ages, so where do you get that from?

*Dark* ashes. The normal ashes I get nerfing; that made getting carbon way too easy. But dark ashes say they are C2 chemically, and you can use them to reduce iron... yet centrifuging them just gives normal, useless ashes.

I've been trying to figure out how to get to proper carbon/steel production since that nerf and was leaning towards making an LV dynamo and electrolyzer, and using the tiny amounts of graphite I've found to make the steel needed for that, but then it has to be galvanized, and that requires a stainless steel bathing pot, so I think that's out. So I guess it's keep making bronze until I can build 3 mixers to make sulfuric acid from the roasting oven I will use my small amount of graphite to produce the steel for, and go the sugar+acid route.

• *Dark* ashes. The normal ashes I get nerfing; that made getting carbon way too easy. But dark ashes say they are C2 chemically, and you can use them to reduce iron... yet centrifuging them just gives normal, useless ashes.

I've been trying to figure out how to get to proper carbon/steel production since that nerf and was leaning towards making an LV dynamo and electrolyzer, and using the tiny amounts of graphite I've found to make the steel needed for that, but then it has to be galvanized, and that requires a stainless steel bathing pot, so I think that's out. So I guess it's keep making bronze until I can build 3 mixers to make sulfuric acid from the roasting oven I will use my small amount of graphite to produce the steel for, and go the sugar+acid route.

Dark Ashes dont have it either that's why I dont get why you say Dark Ashes have that Tooltip at all.

GregTech Website

• About sifting table bug: yes, I tried to sift soul sand, which I got from Nether. I just don't remember when did I make sifting table: before visiting Nether or after.

• Ohh, yea... the C2 seems to now be gone from the dark ashes as well.

Ahh, yea, it seems to just be the coal dust that still says it is C2 and charcoal says that it is C. Which is odd, because if it is C, then you should be able to use it to make steel or purify it into plain carbon.

• Ahh, yea, it seems to just be the coal dust that still says it is C2 and charcoal says that it is C. Which is odd, because if it is C, then you should be able to use it to make steel or purify it into plain carbon.

You technically could do that but it burns before that.

GregTech Website

• Beforehand sorry for my english if it would be bad but I have a question. Does steam turbine give RU to only one machine that is derectly connected to it? Can I give RU from 1 turbine to several machines, or it gives RU only to machine standing opposite it??(:Wrench:

• Beforehand sorry for my english if it would be bad but I have a question. Does steam turbine give RU to only one machine that is derectly connected to it? Can I give RU from 1 turbine to several machines, or it gives RU only to machine standing opposite it??(:Wrench:

Turbine only to one Machine, unless you split up the Energy into 4 smaller Packets, then it can be 2 Machines (since each Machine tries to eat 2 Packets)

GregTech Website

• Turbine only to one Machine, unless you split up the Energy into 4 smaller Packets, then it can be 2 Machines (since each Machine tries to eat 2 Packets)

What do you mean by splitting up the energy into packets?

• There is a Planetary Gear Block also called Transformer Gearbox, then there is also a Custom Gearbox to split the transformed Power to multiple directions, and Axles for longer distance Rotation Power Transfer.

Turbine -> Transformer Gearbox -> Custom Gearbox -> Machines

GregTech Website