[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Just wanted to mention, that GT6, GT5, GT4 and GT3 are now available on Solder

for the Minecraft versions: 1.7.10, 1.7.2, 1.6.2, 1.5.2, 1.5.1, 1.4.6, 1.4.5, 1.4.2, 1.3.2, 1.2.5,

including the anti-infinite-water-scrips whose were intended to make the Game harder X/ *.

^ Solder Implemantation

Hope that that doesn't comes in conflict with any European law to "Save intellectual property" :(.

* Hope it works on Mac and WDos to, i'm using an Linux machine, the old "It works on my machine" thingy :D.

• Eh, if I still had the Sources of all those Mods I would have OpenSourced them anyways, so it's fine. ;)

And I dont fucking know if things work or not on other OS-es XD

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Can you check to see if the latest version has a bug with air? I can't get air into anything suddenly that worked before.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• Can you check to see if the latest version has a bug with air? I can't get air into anything suddenly that worked before.

Define Bug with Air, because I dont fucking understand what kind of Air you even speak of.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website

• Hey, where do you get vanadium since magnetite veins were removed? It looks like you can centrifuge a tiny amount via vanadium pentaoxide out of black sand, but there has to be a better way?

• Hey, where do you get vanadium since magnetite veins were removed? It looks like you can centrifuge a tiny amount via vanadium pentaoxide out of black sand, but there has to be a better way?

No better way afaik, Black Sand + Centrifuge seems like easy enough to pull off.

GregTech Website

• No better way afaik, Black Sand + Centrifuge seems like easy enough to pull off.

Easy yes, but volume is low given that you need 9 VPO to get one vanadium, and you only have a 10% chance of getting one from black sand, which itself isn't as common as magnetite used to be.

Also this sucks: you now require a T2 buzzsaw to cut a diamond into diamond plates, which requires aluminum which these days means you can't go that route before you are well into the electrical age, so you pretty much have to find a flawless or better diamond to make your first shredder.

• Easy yes, but volume is low given that you need 9 VPO to get one vanadium, and you only have a 10% chance of getting one from black sand, which itself isn't as common as magnetite used to be.

Also this sucks: you now require a T2 buzzsaw to cut a diamond into diamond plates, which requires aluminum which these days means you can't go that route before you are well into the electrical age, so you pretty much have to find a flawless or better diamond to make your first shredder.

Yep you need that for the Shredder, and you dont need much Vanadium for anything so its fine there too.

GregTech Website

• Is it possible that anthracite generation is broken? The only anthracite I found were 2 small hills and as replacements of mossy cobblestone in cold spruce forest biome (lignite layer was below dirt there).

• Is it possible that anthracite generation is broken? The only anthracite I found were 2 small hills and as replacements of mossy cobblestone in cold spruce forest biome (lignite layer was below dirt there).

If Lignite works then Anthracite works too.

GregTech Website

• If Lignite works then Anthracite works too.

Then I'm extremely unlucky at finding Anthracite at current world. I'll probably stop looking for it and switch to oil shale. It's profitable with minimal processing - just crusher, shredder and unknown amount of coke ovens (probably many).

• Why would anyone want to use sulfuric acid + sugar to make carbon? At first I thought that it would be easier to get to than using an electrolyzer since making a dynamo and electrolyzer require a stainless steel bathing pot to galvanize the steel, and bronze mixers used to only take bronze to make iirc, but it seems they now also require stainless steel plates. It seems easier to make a stainless steel bathing pot then dynamo and electrolyzer than to make 3 bronze mixers to make the acid, a roaster to get the sulfur dioxide, and the squeezer and dryer to refine the sugar. And after getting it set up, it is easier to feed the electrolyzer some charcoal than to farm tons of reeds.

• I do this in some worlds. Sometimes even easy carbon recipes from electrolyzer (bastnasite -> carbon becoming the new easiest). Minecraft oceans contain surprisingly huge amounts of water, good for rotational-pumping. I usually disable Greg's ocean water, so it's normal water there.

• https://www.patreon.com/posts/23316281

Got sick so its not much to say but here a few Plans for next year.

GregTech Website

• Hey, what's the deal with GT rubber trees? I thought the idea was that instead of using a tree tap to collect rubber from spots on the tree, you were supposed to drill into the tree and attach a sap bag that would slowly collect rubber? But it looks like the GT rubber trees have a resin hole like IC2 ones, only you just use your hands to collect the rubber.