[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Umm... did T1 steam turbines get re-jiggered? It looks like you now have to have an invar steam turbine in order to drive a T1 centrifuge to full power in order to centrifuge sluice juice, using a pair of bronze boilers? I don't seem to remember that from my last game.

The post was edited 1 time, last by psusi ().

• Umm... did T1 steam turbines get re-jiggered? It looks like you now have to have an invar steam turbine in order to drive a T1 centrifuge to full power in order to centrifuge sluice juice, using a pair of bronze boilers? I don't seem to remember that from my last game.

Re-jiggered?? I didnt change anything there so I dont know what you mean.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Re-jiggered?? I didnt change anything there so I dont know what you mean.

I probably just forgot about needing invar to get a bronze turbine up to full power; I took the last few months off from minecraft and before that it had been a year since I was in the bronze age in my previous world.

I can't figure out these resin bags though. I could have sworn when you added them the changelog said you had to use a hand drill to drill a resin hole into the tree to attach the bag, but I can't find that now, nor a way to drill the hole. I don't see any resin spots on the trees, but it seems to let me attach the bag anywhere, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

• Electric Hand Drill, and that applies to Maple and Rainbow Trees. Rubber Trees have a Resin Hole when they spawn, or they dont have one and you need to find another Tree.

And then just place the Resin Bag next to the Resin Hole or Sap Hole depending on what you do.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Hey Greg, are the tooltips on the Downloads page broken? When you hover over the ( i ) icon to the right of the artifact name (e.g. Mod, Changelog, Defaultconfigpack, Dev, Sources, etc) isn't it supposed to show you a tooltip with extra info for that artifact, like its MD5, SHA1, etc like it does on the Forge Files website?

• Told OvermindDL1 about it. Lets see if that gets a fix or not. XD

GregTech Website

• Any chance of getting GT fission and/or fusion reactors this year? ;)

Yes it must be this year, anything else wont really work, considering 2020 I wanna start on my Game. XD

https://www.patreon.com/posts/26235174

Update also happened even if minor, the next week will have a new Multiblock for sure! I don't know which one but it will have at least one!

GregTech Website

• Yeah that one is on my List in some way, I still dont frikkin know how I am gonna do that one...

But hey, Patreon Post https://www.patreon.com/posts/26373210

GregTech Website

• I just came across a strange glowing small ore whose description was not localized... said something about oredict.photon or something. When I broke it I got nothing. Any idea what that was?

• That was some type of world corruption. If it had an Animated texture it was that for sure. But it was sure as fuck not named Photon Ore, you have some NEI Addon that screws with your Info.

GregTech Website

• That was some type of world corruption. If it had an Animated texture it was that for sure. But it was sure as fuck not named Photon Ore, you have some NEI Addon that screws with your Info.

I don't think I have any NEI addons... I started with bear's light pack a year or so ago ( long before I created this world ) and removed a bunch of mods I didn't want and have just kept GT6 up to date. It definitely was glowing oddly and had Photon in the name. It was just one little block inside some green schist on the side of a hill. I have never seen an animated texture before. I've seen ores from removed mods show up as unknown or invalid ore though. I think it did drop some impure green schist dust when I broke it.

• I've seen the mysterious "Photon" ore before as well in some previous playthroughs. I seem to recall thinking at the time that this had something to do with GregTech ores being tile entities, and mods not knowing how to properly place or move them. IIRC, the block ID determines the type of stone / sand the ore is embedded in, but the ore material is determined by tile entity data. I'm guessing that when the tile entity data is missing Minecraft generates new tile entity data with default values? There's a couple mods I know of that can cause that:

I seem to recall that if a tornado (from Corosus's "Weather & Tornadoes" mod) picked up say, a GregTech "Small Sphalerite Sand Ore" block, that when it landed it would be a "Small Photon Sand Ore" block.

This can also happen with RF Tools; if you find a dimlet (which are essentially the same as the pages you find in Mystcraft) for a GregTech ore and try to use one to build an RF Tools dimension, it would attempt to add the GregTech ores to the dimension but they'd all wind up as "Photon" ores.

• Yeah there is a TileEntity that stores the Material of an Ore Block, though Photon Ore is purely Mods being too dumb to read the actual Data instead of the Metadata.

And when the TileEntity is removed the Ore will become "Unknown Ore" instead.

GregTech Website

• So somehow the tileentity data for this one block got lost? Endermen can't pick up green schist ore can they?

I've noticed something odd... concrete can be used to make very bad tools. Too bad you can't use germanium to make tools; I seem to get a ton of that stuff from lignite.

• So somehow the tileentity data for this one block got lost? Endermen can't pick up green schist ore can they?

I've noticed something odd... concrete can be used to make very bad tools. Too bad you can't use germanium to make tools; I seem to get a ton of that stuff from lignite.

Endermen have a fixed unchangeable list of things they can pick up, and it only contains vanilla Items.

Concrete can indeed be used like Stone to make Tools.

GregTech Website

• Endermen have a fixed unchangeable list of things they can pick up, and it only contains vanilla Items.

Concrete can indeed be used like Stone to make Tools.

Isn't stone Q:1? Concrete says Q:0. So is germanium ever going to be usable for anything besides storage chests and hoppers? I also noticed that I got some brogmerite from the sluice that yields bromine which has no use.

• Hey, everyone!

Can someone please help me with my problem when I try to supply my Advanced Crafting Table (ACT) with water?

I have a really long pipe (Rubber Normal Fluid) that supplies my base with normal water. It is functioning, all my machines can get all the water they can hold.

My ACT is made from cobalt and has five Wooden Buckets (Lead) placed in upper slots.

I've tried two ways to supply that ACT with water:

1) I've connected my pipe directly to ACT, placing one Huge Rubber Fluid Pipe (Bandwidth: 1200 L/t) directly attached to ACT. I tried connecting to the bottom and to the side of ACT, but it didn't work.

2) I placed a standard Wooden Barrel directly adjacent to the ACT, and connected my pipe to the barrel. It gets filled with Water almost instantly, but the buckets in ACT are still remaining empty.

The post was edited 1 time, last by DragDen ().

• Try a Pipe with 2000L or above, and I mean the whole thing has to be 2000L from start to finish, not just the final piece.

Also only the 5 slots on the top row on the right will fill buckets.

GregTech Website