[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• If you don't want to make the whole thing out of large pipes then you could use a barrel to buffer the water then use the huge pipe just from there to the ACT. Or instead of a barrel you could use a tank extender to force the water to keep flowing towards the ACT and keep the large pipe full. That is, large pipe from extender to ACT, pipe from river to extender can then be small.

• Hey Greg, are the tooltips on the Downloads page broken? When you hover over the ( i ) icon to the right of the artifact name (e.g. Mod, Changelog, Defaultconfigpack, Dev, Sources, etc) isn't it supposed to show you a tooltip with extra info for that artifact, like its MD5, SHA1, etc like it does on the Forge Files website?

it is fixed now, finally. lol

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Weird. I just noticed that GT adds its own apple that counts as two shanks of hunger compared to the vanilla apple that is only one. It also has two kinds of apple slices, one made from vanilla apples that has no hydration, even though vanilla apples do have hydration, and one made from the GT apples that do give hydration.

• Vanilla Apples give 2 Shanks of Hunger so I dont know what you mean. Are you playing with Hunger Overhaul?

And I think I just nerfed Vanilla Apples for that Hydration thing.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Vanilla Apples give 2 Shanks of Hunger so I dont know what you mean. Are you playing with Hunger Overhaul?

And I think I just nerfed Vanilla Apples for that Hydration thing.

Yes; the way Bear had it set up in his light pack. Vanilla gives only 1 shank and hydration but GT gives 2. Slicing a vanilla apple gives 4 slices that each are still 1 shank of hunger, but no hydration. Maybe an odd interaction with hunger overhaul because it also seems to take multiple shanks of hunger to hand mix milk into butter and each butter is only 1 shank, so it's basically break even. Bread seems to be similar; it takes a huge amount of hunger to mix the dough but each bread only gives 2 shanks I think. It feels like all of pams food is better than GT food also. A large GT cheese sandwich takes two slices of bread and was it 6? slices of cheese to make, each of which are worth 1 shank, but the finished sandwich is 4 I think. A pam's grilled cheese sandwich takes one toast, worth two, one butter, worth one, and one cheese, worth one ( but could be sliced into 4 also worth one ) and the sandwich is worth 4. They are a bit of a pain to make, but they sure keep you fed for a while. On the other hand, just carrying around a stack of vanilla apples takes care of both hunger and thirst; you just have to keep wolfing them down all the time.

• Holy molly! When I read this:

Code
    1. [CHANGED] The Calculations for Biomass Production in the Fermenter got tweaked a little bit, so that every Recipe uses a Stacksize of 1, rather than some arbitrary Numbers that pop up because of uneven division. Also Golden Carrot Juice and Golden Apple Juices have a much higher Multiplier now.

I figured it didn't really change much; it sounds like just a little rounding error. I just noticed that fermenting biomass now gets 300% bonus instead of only 50% bonus for using juice instead of water. Mellon power here I come! In my first play 2-3 years ago I figured that melon fermented in its own juice was slightly more efficient than fermenting sugar in water; now it is *much* better.

• Yep I buffed Biomass a bit ago, simply to make it worth it.

Also Update Post https://www.patreon.com/posts/26558117

GregTech Website

• So I finally found myself a GT dungeon last night. First time in the 3 worlds I've played over the last.. nearly 3 years? Inside I found a bunch of crates of metal. Can those only be opened with the unboxer? That takes circuits, which takes iridium so I won't be doing that any time soon.

• What determines where GT dungeons generate? Can they generate literally anywhere, or is there a minimum distance from spawn the chunk has to meet or exceed in order to generate a dungeon there? Is there a minimum distance between dungeons that stop them from being placed too close to one another?

• What determines where GT dungeons generate? Can they generate literally anywhere, or is there a minimum distance from spawn the chunk has to meet or exceed in order to generate a dungeon there? Is there a minimum distance between dungeons that stop them from being placed too close to one another?

I don't know if it's a minimum, but it seems suspicious that I found mine just a bit over 1000 blocks or so from spawn. IIRC, that's the distance for vanilla dungeons so it would make sense.

They just make sure to not be too close to 0, 0 which isn't much. They also keep a bit of a distance from the GT6 Roads if you enable those. And their Distance between each other depends on how large they can be (according to config), essentially preventing them from overlapping, by aligning them to a grid similar to how Twilight Forest aligns its Dungeons to a Grid.

GregTech Website

• So melons are made up of 8 or 9 slices, and as a result, a whole melon counts 8 or 9 times as much as a slice when squeezed for juice or used in the fermenter. Pumpkins can't be divided into slices, but they seem to count as a slice for the juicer, but as a whole melon for the fermenter. Is this a bug? I would think so since it isn't worth juicing the pumpkins to boost the fermentation process; you are better off using water since a pumpkin takes the juice from 4.3 other pumpkins to get 3x the output compared to water.

• Yeah you're right about the amount of Stuff you should get from a Pumpkin compared to a Melon, though Pumpkins do have less Juice than a Watermelon IRL, it's currently way not enough Juice.

GregTech Website

• Yeah you're right about the amount of Stuff you should get from a Pumpkin compared to a Melon, though Pumpkins do have less Juice than a Watermelon IRL, it's currently way not enough Juice.

I figured it was the fermenter that was counting it too high. Otherwise pumpkins are clearly the best feedstock for biomass, when it would make more sense for melons to be better.

• The pump cover says use a screwdriver to toggle modes, but that doesn't seem to work. Also it doesn't seem to be able to extract from a bathing pot, is that normal?

Do Bathing Pots even accept Pumps on them? And Pipes always force the Pump Covers on them to be on suck Mode, simply because push Mode would not make any sense on a Pipe at all. Same goes for Conveyors on Item Pipes.

GregTech Website

• Do Bathing Pots even accept Pumps on them? And Pipes always force the Pump Covers on them to be on suck Mode, simply because push Mode would not make any sense on a Pipe at all. Same goes for Conveyors on Item Pipes.

No; I stuck the cover on the pipe and put the bathing pot in front of it. I was hoping for a way to easily pour molten calcite from the crucible into a pipe feeding fluidized bed burning boxes. By the way, why do they eat molten calcite? AFAIK, a fluidized bed is made form either jets of gas blowing into the powder or mechanical vibration.

• Calcite = CalciumCarbonate = CaCO3 and is used in such a process.

And I think the Bathing Pot does not let you automate its Output. For that you need to actually use the Bath (Machine).

GregTech Website