[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Calcite = CalciumCarbonate = CaCO3 and is used in such a process.

And I think the Bathing Pot does not let you automate its Output. For that you need to actually use the Bath (Machine).

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Calcite = CalciumCarbonate = CaCO3 and is used in such a process.

How? Like I said, from what I have heard about the process it simply involves scattering the dust to maximize the surface area in contact with oxygen. How does Calcium Carbonate help the combustion? Simply dropping the dust into liquid calcium carbonate would cut it off from its supply of oxygen and so it couldn't burn.

And I think the Bathing Pot does not let you automate its Output. For that you need to actually use the Bath (Machine).

I'm not actually trying to bathe anything; just using the bathing pot as something that you can use a faucet to pour molten contents of the crucible into where it can then sit without cooling off until you remove it.

• So iirc, small diamond ore used to just drop some kind of diamond randomly and now it drops crushed ore which you have to wash and sift to get a tiny 4% chance of getting a flawless diamond, which is the only way to make a dimond plate unless you already have a diamond plate and made a T2 buzzsaw and a steel turbine. I swear you used to have a better chance of a flawless diamond dropping than 4%, so now it's kind of absurdly hard to get a shredder made. I had gotten lucky and got one and thought I'd make a buzzsaw so I could turn a normal diamond into another plate for the shredder, but didn't realize you now need a T2 buzzsaw for that. Boo.

• Strange.. the tooltip for glass says it is SiO2, but it melts into glass, not SiO2. The tooltip for flint says it is also SiO2, but it melts into SiO2 dust rather than glass or just flint that you can pour into plates or tools. Why does SiO2 not melt into glass?

• Because there is different grades of SiO2, that's why.

As for small Diamond Ores, pretty sure those still drop Gems. They just dont drop Dirty Piles of Dust anymore.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• As for small Diamond Ores, pretty sure those still drop Gems. They just dont drop Dirty Piles of Dust anymore.

I seem to only be getting crushed diamond ore and sifting keeps giving me flawed or regular diamonds or worse.

So iirc, you said machines always hold 2x the output of their largest recipe. Now there is a fermenter recipe that ferments a bale of hay with indun's apple juice for over 2 million L of biomass. Does that mean that the fermenter now holds 4 million liters of biomas? Maybe I didn't need to make this wood/steel tank to buffer 400k L of the stuff then? :)

Also, what's a concrete Panel?

The post was edited 1 time, last by psusi ().

• The Output Tanks accept Fluid regardless of size, even though they are the same size as the Input Tanks, and always makes sure that it can output two times whatever the current Recipe is, but once it is above what 1 Recipe will output alone, it will refuse running until the Output is cleared (unless the Output Tank happens to be big enough). This does scale with how many Recipes the Machine can run in parallel, so there is nothing to worry about.

The Reason behind being able to store the Output of any Recipe twice is to make the Machine capable of running smoothly without stuttering due to output buffering instantly blocking the output after one process.

GregTech Website

• Ohh, so it's twice as much as the *current* recipe, not the largest recipe? I see. So what's a concrete panel? And can concrete plates be dyed? NEI doesn't seem to think so.

Concrete Panel? You mean the Decorative Concrete Covers? They might be able to be dyed, though I would recommend you to dye them before making them into Covers.

GregTech Website

• Concrete Panel? You mean the Decorative Concrete Covers? They might be able to be dyed, though I would recommend you to dye them before making them into Covers.

Yes... how are they different from just pouring concrete into a plate mold? It looks like the plates are single color but the thing that takes screws to make can be dyed? Why is that?

• They are different from Concrete Plate, simple as that. All Plates have their own type of Texture, while the Concrete Panel has the Texture of the Concrete Blocks.

GregTech Website

• They are different from Concrete Plate, simple as that. All Plates have their own type of Texture, while the Concrete Panel has the Texture of the Concrete Blocks.

So why do you have to spend extra screws to get concrete covers to match normal concrete, but not for other things like stone or stone bricks?

• So why do you have to spend extra screws to get concrete covers to match normal concrete, but not for other things like stone or stone bricks?

Go ahead and use Canvas Covers then, those can copy Textures and are cheap.

Panels simply exist to give a more earlygame way to have somewhat copied Textures for certain things without needing a Printer.

GregTech Website

• Damn... printers and canning machines require circuits. I guess I won't be using those or cfoam for some time. I wonder if I can find an easier way to get iridium this time rather than sluicing a shitload of garnierite for tiny purified nickel then aqua regia processing that for some platinum group sludge, then centrifuging that for the occasional iridium nugget.

• Visit nether, mine nickel ore, sluice it, centrifuge it's platinum byproduct for iridium. Or just find Sheldonite-Sperrylite-Iridium vein in overworld (may require much exploration with magnifying glass).

Funny thing is, I don't explore very much, but I often find that iridium-containing vein, while I see the platinum group sludge way more interesting.

• Visit nether, mine nickel ore, sluice it, centrifuge it's platinum byproduct for iridium. Or just find Sheldonite-Sperrylite-Iridium vein in overworld (may require much exploration with magnifying glass).

Funny thing is, I don't explore very much, but I often find that iridium-containing vein, while I see the platinum group sludge way more interesting.

Wait, legit nickel spawns in the nether? That sure would be easier than getting it as a byproduct of garnierite. I'll have to check my map tonight... I may have found a sperrylite bearing rock somewhere.

• Hey Greg, what's the deal with the 50% penalty on the multiblock machines? Compare running an LV electrolyzer with the multiblock. The multiblock burns twice as much power per job, but runs between 4x and 32x faster. That means that for the same power on the low end at 512, you could just run 8 LV electrolyzers and process twice as fast as the multiblock. Or if you give the mb 1024 power, the 8 LVs would run just as fast, but for half the power, or you could go to 16 LVs and be back to twice the speed for the same power. The LVs are also easier to build than the multiblock, so I'm not seeing a whole lot of reason to use the mb. Things look worse for MV recipes since there the multiblock is only 2x - 16x faster so 8 MV electrolyzers is just as fast as the multiblock for half the power. HV only needs 4 to run twice as fast as the multiblock for the same power.

• Hey Greg, what's the deal with the 50% penalty on the multiblock machines? Compare running an LV electrolyzer with the multiblock. The multiblock burns twice as much power per job, but runs between 4x and 32x faster. That means that for the same power on the low end at 512, you could just run 8 LV electrolyzers and process twice as fast as the multiblock. Or if you give the mb 1024 power, the 8 LVs would run just as fast, but for half the power, or you could go to 16 LVs and be back to twice the speed for the same power. The LVs are also easier to build than the multiblock, so I'm not seeing a whole lot of reason to use the mb. Things look worse for MV recipes since there the multiblock is only 2x - 16x faster so 8 MV electrolyzers is just as fast as the multiblock for half the power. HV only needs 4 to run twice as fast as the multiblock for the same power.

The 50% penalty is for 1 overclocking process, so as if you used MV for an LV Recipe, just on a Multiblock Scale. And the Multiblocks themselves are mostly there for convenience, because setting up multiple of the low Tier Machines also means you need to setup multiple automation things like Pipes Hoppers and such. Don't underestimate the Power of those Multiblocks, they can quickly become way more useful than you think.

GregTech Website

• The 50% penalty is for 1 overclocking process, so as if you used MV for an LV Recipe, just on a Multiblock Scale. And the Multiblocks themselves are mostly there for convenience, because setting up multiple of the low Tier Machines also means you need to setup multiple automation things like Pipes Hoppers and such. Don't underestimate the Power of those Multiblocks, they can quickly become way more useful than you think.

How hard is it to put a pipe or hopper on a few single block machines? All else being equal, yea, I'd opt for the convenience of the multiblock if I had the resources to spare to build one, but that 50% penalty just seems to make it not worth it unless you absolutely, positively have to process LV recipes 32x faster ( why? ) and would rather spend twice the power doing so forever than set up multiple LV electrolyzers one time. Why does the thought of one overclocking process have to enter into it? If you were processing an MV recipe in an HV machine, then the multiblock would have the same efficiency, but the mb would be twice as fast. Doesn't seem worth the expense of building the mb vs two HVs.

• Hey looking for a bit of community help. i'm looking to get into electrolyzer use and multiblocks, but i don't quite understand where to start with them. i've been using single steam engines for most of my recipes up to this point, and i have an overabundance of materials that i need an electrolyzer for, but i don't know how to use them above MV (since the MV electrolyzer can be used with a chromium/titanium steam setup) any advice would be appreciated :)

also question for greg: i've been trying to set up an account on your direct forums, but whenever i try to enter my information it tells me my email is incorrect. it says that the email checks out, but when i go to complete the registration, it says it is not correct. any advice for trying to get that account set up?