[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Makes sense, but what about the off by one error? And the difference between the two selector panels?

The Button one is just fancy and pretty much identical. Also you could just slap a selector tag with Mode 1-15 to the Batbox too, if you dont want it to be altered ever.

And what exactly is the off-by-one error? Do you remember there is Cable Loss that might cause it?

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Hey, Greg. I've just been looking through recipes, noticed two oddities.

1) Barley seeds (from Natura mod) are accepted by Squeezer, but not Juicer.

2) It seems that it is very difficult to make a vanilla Anvil. It requires Iron blocks, but basins outputs "Blocks of solid Iron", which do not work for the crafting. According to NEI, there are only two other ways to make an Iron block:

a) IC2 Compressor (requires electricity), GT Compressor does not have that recipe;

b) Boxinator (which also requires electricity).

And there's also one question that bugged me for a long time - I can't understand at which point Steam Turbine/Engine efficiency is applied.

For example, let's take a standard Steam Engine (Bronze):

Efficiency: 66.66%

Energy IN: 24-96 Steam/t

Energy OUT: 8-32 KU/t

If I understand correctly, if I'm supplying it with exactly half of its input capacity: 60 Steam/t, it should output exactly half of its output capability: 20 KU/t.

Since a Turbine/Engine is not a machine, I doubt that efficiency influences the total amount of energy required to process a recipe. So... What does that efficiency parameter mean?

• 1) That is weird, it should always work with both. UNLESS its a Forestry Squeezer Recipe which GT6 copies only to the GT6 Squeezer but not the Juicer.

2) Try putting Iron Ingots in a 3x3 on the Crafting Grid like their Tooltip tells you? I had to kill the NEI Crafting Recipes because of massive Lag Reasons.

3) The Efficiency Percentage is only for Info purposes and never "applied" anywhere. You have Input and Output and those scale linearly. For example, the "proper" Steam to EU ratio is 2:1, but you obviously see a 3:1 Ratio from the Input/Output, that makes 66% Power Efficiency, or 33% of Power wasted.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• 1) That is weird, it should always work with both. UNLESS its a Forestry Squeezer Recipe which GT6 copies only to the GT6 Squeezer but not the Juicer.

2) Try putting Iron Ingots in a 3x3 on the Crafting Grid like their Tooltip tells you? I had to kill the NEI Crafting Recipes because of massive Lag Reasons.

3) The Efficiency Percentage is only for Info purposes and never "applied" anywhere. You have Input and Output and those scale linearly. For example, the "proper" Steam to EU ratio is 2:1, but you obviously see a 3:1 Ratio from the Input/Output, that makes 66% Power Efficiency, or 33% of Power wasted.

1) Yep, it is exactly that.

2) Oh... I've seen that line of tooltip so many times that I stopped paying any attention to it... Thanks!

3) Ah, I see... Thank you for clarification!

• And what exactly is the off-by-one error? Do you remember there is Cable Loss that might cause it?

The minimum output of the MV-HV transformer is supposed to be 256, but instead is 257. I accounted for the cable loss: the EU meter on the first cable showed 383 with 3 amps in: 128 x 3, minus 1 for the cable. But with 2 amps in, it should give 256-1 for the cable, but instead bursts 383.

• The minimum output of the MV-HV transformer is supposed to be 256, but instead is 257. I accounted for the cable loss: the EU meter on the first cable showed 383 with 3 amps in: 128 x 3, minus 1 for the cable. But with 2 amps in, it should give 256-1 for the cable, but instead bursts 383.

I did some more testing with the LV-MV transformer and things appear to be even more broken than I first thought. I used an LV battery box set to output only 1 amp going down a copper cable 16 blocks long to attenuate the packets to 16 EU before hitting the transformer. I would have expected to see the transformer wait until it got to 16 x 5 = 80 and send out an 80 EU packet, which on the first output cable would lose one and register as 79, but instead it waits until it has 16 x 6 = 96 EU and it registers as 95 coming out.

With 4 amps allowed in, the input cable reads 64 EU/t, and the output toggles between 0 and 127. In other words, it refuses to output the 64 EU packet it should and waits until the next tick, when it gets another 64 and outputs a 128. I also tried sending 3 amps over a cable that reduced it to 22 eu/p. Input reads 66 EU/t, but the output toggles between 0 and 131 instead of being a steady 65 like it should be. Even did 4 amps at 23 eu/p and the input reads 92 but output still toggles between 0 and 183. 4 amps at 22 eu/p takes in 88 and outputs 0 or 175.

• Oh that is easy to solve, insert the nickel or the chrome last, that way they wont combine ahead of time.

Thanks, that worked. Although I had to overheat the mix without nickel to 2,4k+, then add nickel by tiny dust to prevent chrome's hardening at 2180 while add some fuel. That was quite thrilling on ceramic set.:S

• Thanks, that worked. Although I had to overheat the mix without nickel to 2,4k+, then add nickel by tiny dust to prevent chrome's hardening at 2180 while add some fuel. That was quite thrilling on ceramic set.:S

I always start with the 2 iron, let it hit 2011, then add the nickel, wait for it to turn into invar, then add the 4 more iron, wait for it to hit 2011 again, then toss in the chromium and manganese.

Still no thoughts on the weird transformer behavior Greg?

• I always start with the 2 iron, let it hit 2011, then add the nickel, wait for it to turn into invar, then add the 4 more iron, wait for it to hit 2011 again, then toss in the chromium and manganese.

Still no thoughts on the weird transformer behavior Greg?

I insert 4 iron, 3 invar, 1 manganese, 1 chromium and start crucible. It auto-shutoffs at 2020K.

Replace 4 iron with anything that "alloys" into 4 iron, like 4 dark ashes, 6 marble, 10 hematite. They don't have to be dusts, any form except crushed ore is good (because of bonus stone).

• I always start with the 2 iron, let it hit 2011, then add the nickel, wait for it to turn into invar, then add the 4 more iron, wait for it to hit 2011 again, then toss in the chromium and manganese.

Thats good, but you are talking about the Stainless Steel recipe, and I'm about the Ultimet one, it does not contain iron at all.

I think that's a good recipe for early game, if one happen to find molybdenite and chromite veins. Cobaltite and pentlandite are even more common. IMO searching for small graphite ore or diamond vein for early steel is rather frustrating.

• Yeah I dont really think much of how the transformer works, it just kinda does what its supposed to be doing. You asked for something that I never planned to be a direct feature and kinda push the limits there. That's why I dont really know how to do what you're asking for.

GregTech Website

• Yeah I dont really think much of how the transformer works, it just kinda does what its supposed to be doing. You asked for something that I never planned to be a direct feature and kinda push the limits there. That's why I dont really know how to do what you're asking for.

How is it doing what it is supposed to be doing? It isn't supposed to output only > 128 volt packets, and sometimes it doens't. But then again, sometimes it seems like it wants to do that and keeps waiting for several ticks until it can. I can't figure out any rhyme or reason for why sometimes it waits and sometimes it doesn't. The tool tip says it should output anything >= 64. At an absolute minimum, 4 amps in @ 22 volts sure as hell should result in a steady 1 amp out at 88 volts.

• I dont know your setup and i dont know how precise it it. that's the main issue

GregTech Website

• I described it precisely. Here's another one I just tried. Two normal and 1 dense invar boiler to drive an invar turbine at full 64 ru/t to generate 40 eu/t from an LV dynamo. Times two. One wire to connect each dynamo to a transformer, one wire to connect it ( with an eu meter ) to an MV electrolyzer. It should be able to drive the electrolyzer at 80 eu/t, but the output of the transformer flickers between 0 and ~164, causing the electrolyzer to stall.

• You are aware the wires lower the voltage by 1 EU per meter ? 39 + 39 = 78 isn't it? and 78 - 1 = 77

GregTech Website

• What about the electrolyzer flickering on and off? remember its not just the output that matters, the machines that take power do influence it too!

GregTech Website

• What about the electrolyzer flickering on and off? remember its not just the output that matters, the machines that take power do influence it too!

Say what now? The electrolyzer is flickering off because the output of the transformer is bouncing between 0 and ~165 eu. I can replace the electrolyzer with a battery box and it still flickers. I stuck another meter on the wire between the dynamo and the transformer and it is a steady 42 eu/t.

• I found the problem. It's here in TileEntityBase11Bidirectional.java in readEnergyConverter():

tEnergyOUT = new TE_Behavior_Energy_Stats(this, aNBT, mEnergyIN .mType, mStorage, (mEnergyIN\

.mRec*3)/4, mEnergyIN.mRec, mEnergyIN.mMax);

That effectively sets the minimum output voltage to 3/4ths of nominal instead of the usual minimum whenever it is in reverse mode. In other words, an LV-MV transformer can never output less than 96 volts ( despite the tooltip saying it can output as low as 64 ), so it keeps accepting input until it holds more than that, then blows it all out. Why is it doing this?

Oh, and neat... a transformer can actually take in 8 amps ( or more, as long as the total is less than the max output ), so you can either use a large LV battery box with 8 batteries, or a pair of MV-LV step down transformers to take 2 amps of 128 volt output from an MV battery box and turn it into 8 amps at 32 volts, then feed that back into an LV-MV step up transformer and get 1 amp at 256 volts.

By the way, annealed copper cable says it carries 384 V ( MV ), but that is actually HV.

The post was edited 2 times, last by psusi ().

• Yes I know the Energy System ended up being a royal mess, but now its too late to fix it...

By the way, annealed copper cable says it carries 384 V ( MV ), but that is actually HV.

But not really full HV, that's where the Issue lies. There is multiple ways to interpret that, and MV is the maximum it can handle essentially, therefore MV is right.

GregTech Website