[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Why is that? What would go wrong if the transformer could actually output the stated minimum instead of half way between the minimum and nominal?

I think i did that because it would have emitted much less than the recommended amount of power and that wouldn't have been good either.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Most energy converters can now use a selector cover to limit their throughput, and it looks like the transformers use the same code and so in theory should be able to do the same thing.. so why can't you slap one onto a transformer?

I think I found another little oddity. The transformer can store a full output packet's worth of EU, so an MV-HV transformer, even if you are only feeding it with 1 amp of 128 volts, will still charge up to 1024 ( if it can't output for a few ticks ) and ( then when it can output ) send a 1024 volt packet down the line. So as long as the loads on the far end of the line remain less than 128 eu/t, the transformer will send 0 for a few ticks and charge up its internal capacitor to 1024, then once the far end can accept all of that, send it out as a single 1024 volt packet, and then start recharging again.

The post was edited 1 time, last by psusi ().

• https://www.patreon.com/posts/27295407

Update Post.

And yeah I am not 100% sure on transformers having Mode Selection Support,

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• 1421 pages for me, though i upped the posts per page thing. And yeah almost 7 years, but at 2020 i am starting to work on my own thing that should be way better than what I could do in GT6 with all the legacy garbage and Minecraft garbage i still have to keep up...

But hey, it's just about having fun. ^^

GregTech Website

• has there been a recent change that would make it so that water no longer regenerates indefinitely? my pools of water that normally keep some things that require water are no longer infinite and i'm pretty sure the only major mod i've updated is gregtech

• has there been a recent change that would make it so that water no longer regenerates indefinitely? my pools of water that normally keep some things that require water are no longer infinite and i'm pretty sure the only major mod i've updated is gregtech

Did you recently install the Default Config Pack? CodeChickenCore (which is a requirement for NEI) has a Config to disable the Infinite Water Behaviour, and the Config Pack contains an option for that.

GregTech Website

• Did you recently install the Default Config Pack? CodeChickenCore (which is a requirement for NEI) has a Config to disable the Infinite Water Behaviour, and the Config Pack contains an option for that.

i'll check that. it might have overwritten when i dl'd the new version. thanks!

• Also Rivers do have Infinite Water still, to give an incentive to actually settle near a River.

GregTech Website

• is there any in game tech that will allow me to check exactly how much GU (RU/KU/EU) that is going into my machines? i know there are ways to check with wires, but is there any way for me to like, examine a machine to check the energy output when it comes to steam powered machines?

• is there any in game tech that will allow me to check exactly how much GU (RU/KU/EU) that is going into my machines? i know there are ways to check with wires, but is there any way for me to like, examine a machine to check the energy output when it comes to steam powered machines?

Right now not really, you mostly need to do lots of Maths to find those out. I will put something on the List for later.

GregTech Website

• Strange.. I have been using this setup for a while now to run MV electrolysis: 2 dense invar boilers + 1 regular invar boiler to produce 288 steam/t feeding a steel turbine producing 96 RU/t driving an MV dynamo producing what I thought was 60 EU/t. I have two of those going through one 1x copper cable into an LV-MV transformer to combine it into a single MV packet. I just re checked the math though, and the dynamos are actually generating 66 volts. Minus 1 for the cable should mean 65 is going into the transformer, which should be 1 volt too high for it to accept, but it works. Why?

• Strange.. I have been using this setup for a while now to run MV electrolysis: 2 dense invar boilers + 1 regular invar boiler to produce 288 steam/t feeding a steel turbine producing 96 RU/t driving an MV dynamo producing what I thought was 60 EU/t. I have two of those going through one 1x copper cable into an LV-MV transformer to combine it into a single MV packet. I just re checked the math though, and the dynamos are actually generating 66 volts. Minus 1 for the cable should mean 65 is going into the transformer, which should be 1 volt too high for it to accept, but it works. Why?

((128+128+32) / 2) / 2 = 72 EU/t for the Dynamos. Yes I made it so that Steam -> RU -> EU is exactly 50% loss. But if you have 2 Dynamos then its 2 Amps of 36 EU/t which is fine for the Transformer.

GregTech Website

• ((128+128+32) / 2) / 2 = 72 EU/t for the Dynamos. Yes I made it so that Steam -> RU -> EU is exactly 50% loss. But if you have 2 Dynamos then its 2 Amps of 36 EU/t which is fine for the Transformer.

No? (128+128+32) / 3 = 96 RU * 0.6875 = 66 EU/t out of the dynamo. If it were only 36 then the output of the transformer would only be 70 eu/t, which is not enough to electrolyze vitriol.

• 0.75 * 0.6666... = 0.5

3 Quarters multiplied with 2 thirds is a half. Don't know where your 0.6875 came from. Nor do I know where your / 3 comes from.

Also remember that 2 Steam = 1 GU, that's why I divided by 2 twice,

And if you up the Tier of the Electrolyzer you have to supply 4 times more power, don't forget that.

GregTech Website

• Greg, you forgot that you made singleblock dynamos slightly worse than multiblock dynamos, when you added multiblock dynamos. Before: 75% efficiency, after: 68.75% efficiency. Multiblock dynamo efficiency: 75%.

• But again I said its two Amps if you use two Dynamos. Voltage does not magically go up.

GregTech Website

• Turbines take 3 steam => 1 RU, not 2, so it's divide by 3, not 2. There is no magic turning 2 amps into 1; it's just a transformer. Also your numbers put the input voltage to the transformer even higher than mine, which returns me to the question of why is it working? It should be too high for the LV-MV transformer to accept since it can only accept 16-64 volts. 72 should overload it.

• I think there is something with your transformer that caps the throughput at 64.

GregTech Website