[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• As for Reactors, they will only do HU.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• As for Reactors, they will only do HU.

Yeah I know, "thermal" and "fast" refer to the speed of the neutrons used in the reaction.

Thermal (slow) neutrons need a moderator to slow them down, only work with specific isotopes (e.g. U235) and produce radioactive waste.

Fast neutrons can cause fission in basically anything (including the radioactive waste of thermal reactors), but require exotic coolants because water is a moderator. Some designs use molten sodium, molten lead or pressurized helium. My personal favourite is the Molten Salt reactor, where Uranium salts are mixed with the coolant directly and circulate with it around the reactor

• https://www.patreon.com/posts/27968422

And Patreon Post for this Week. ^^

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• What is the fastest/easiest way to avoid crucible smelting? Aka how can i transform my copper into plates automatically without having to stand next to the curcible and measure temperature for hours?

Also, as I'm slowly moving towards electricity, I was wondering about plastic.

The only way to produce it is in the mixer with ethylene/propylene, MgCl2 and TiCl4, right?

• What is the fastest/easiest way to avoid crucible smelting? Aka how can i transform my copper into plates automatically without having to stand next to the curcible and measure temperature for hours?

Also, as I'm slowly moving towards electricity, I was wondering about plastic.

The only way to produce it is in the mixer with ethylene/propylene, MgCl2 and TiCl4, right?

Yes Plastic is ethylene/propylene.

And use the Extruder for such Plates.

GregTech Website

• Ah i see, the extruder can handle fluids. So I use a smelter to get my metal molten and then i use the extruder to make plates?

What about alloys? can i melt copper and tin and combine the fluids somewhere?

• Ah i see, the extruder can handle fluids. So I use a smelter to get my metal molten and then i use the extruder to make plates?

What about alloys? can i melt copper and tin and combine the fluids somewhere?

No the Extruder takes Solids.

But the Molds can handle Fluids if you want to use Smelter + Mold.

GregTech Website

• No the Extruder takes Solids.

But the Molds can handle Fluids if you want to use Smelter + Mold.

I assume i can automate that, right?

Smelter outputs the molten Bronze into a fluid pipe and i place molds along the line (can pipes interact with molds? how?)

A hopper below these molds will empty them when the plate has cooled down -> 3. Profit

Is this the way to automate smelting? I assume GT won't force it's players to stand next to a crucible to make 200 Plates every now and then till endgame.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Bratzi ().

• yeah that's how to automate it pretty much unless you have a redstone controlled automatic crucible for the metals that dont go in the normal smelter

GregTech Website

• Alright. How do i get molten metal from my pipes into the molds? Can I just place the molds next to the pipe, making sure the pipe has a connection in the direction of the mold?

• Yes Duh

GregTech Website

• Ender Garbage Bin

GregTech Website

• Did she offered you her services, Greg? :D

Apparently, too bad that wasn't in Germany. XD

GregTech Website

• So I was going to slap a selector tag on an MV engine to drive an LV machine just like I did with the MV electric motor, but it seems the engine won't take a tag.

Try slapping it on the front or back of the engine, the sides dont take covers. And ofcourse use Extenders if you need to use the sides for something else.

GregTech Website