[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Oh, another thing:

I need silicon now to make a boule. Can i find silicon via silicon bearing rocks in the overworld or am I wasting my time looking for a vein?

I looked up the Gregtech 6/Stones and Minerals section of the FTB forum but Silicon isn't mentioned once I think

EDIT: found ways to make silicon via silicon dioxide. Still, is there silicon ore in the game at all? I see the recipes but I wonder if all the stuff (silicon dioxide seems to have it's own ore too) can actually be found or if these recipes are just auto-generated recipes?

• Ah yeah Gasses go both ways regardless of gravity. That was an old thing that I had to do because not all gasses had proper Density Values. I should probably somehow fix that issue lol.

For Silicon you need to create that Stuff using Refining, there is no such Ore, yet Silicon-Dioxide is literally everywhere in form of Sand, Flint and Quartz. But you can always try Germanium after the most recent Release yesterday.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Ah I see! Thanks!

I just read a few of your updates, in one (the one with Heat exchangers) you mention nuclear reactors.

Hate to ask but, at what position of your To-Do List are they?

• Ah I see! Thanks!

I just read a few of your updates, in one (the one with Heat exchangers) you mention nuclear reactors.

Hate to ask but, at what position of your To-Do List are they?

uhhhhh they are somewhere on there. Things I definitely want to get done include Nuclear, Fusion and a Multiblock Crucible thing.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• uhhhhh they are somewhere on there. Things I definitely want to get done include Nuclear, Fusion and a Multiblock Crucible thing.

Yes please :D

I think you had fusion reactors already in.. GT 4? 5? I heard of them once but wasn't really playing the mod back then.

I remember building huge facilties with several completely self-sustaining Nuclear Heat Reactors with IC2 and AE. Part of the energy was used to UU-Matter-produce new Uranium (with a positive energy yield because what are laws of conservation right?)

Depleted uranium cells were automatically processed into new ones and the fuel change worked autonomous as well.

It was fabulous. I'm thrilled for nuclear reactors!

• Regarding the IC2 coolant being a power conductor fluid thing; you know that you HAVE to have some sort of small tank to buffer the stuff and measure with a comparator to regulate the reactor on/off right? It just wouldn't feel right not using a GT drum for that to me.

I remember building huge facilties with several completely self-sustaining Nuclear Heat Reactors with IC2 and AE. Part of the energy was used to UU-Matter-produce new Uranium (with a positive energy yield because what are laws of conservation right?)

Depleted uranium cells were automatically processed into new ones and the fuel change worked autonomous as well.

Unfortunately Greg doesn't let you make radioactive elements with his mass fab ;(

• What does the Dust Funnel Point into? If its an Item Pipe then its no wonder since that one only takes 1 Item per second per "channel".

GregTech Website

• No I have a similar setup. Hopper above a Dust Funnel and a chest beneath. Takes several seconds (4 is a good estimate) till 72 of theses µ piles are processed.

Even when you hand-feed it. I remember feeding all the sluice-juice-piles from the dryer into it. had to wait a few seconds between every stack.

seems like the funnel takes around 50 Milliseconds to process a single "thing". No matter if its a 1/9 or 1/72

[CHANGED] Ores from Ore-Layers, such as Salts, Coals or Bauxite, are now considered Dense Ores, effectively doubling the amount of Crushed Ore you get from them, and therefore halving the amount of time you need to spend mining at entire Layers.

Holy crap. I just took my shiny new tungsten carbide MV mining drill out to the bauxite vein for like 3 minutes of quick mining. I ended up with like 20 stacks of bauxite dust and I haven't even finished slucing and magnetic separating it all yet. My poor autoclave is going to be booked up for the next week.

• Post by willimsjoe ().

This post was deleted by Chocohead: Spam ().
  • Code
    1. [CHANGED] The First Tier of Crystallization Crucible now uses a Quartz Crucible in its Recipe instead of Iridium.

Oh sweet baby Jesus thank you Greg! Realistic and will help me a lot with those lower priority gems I keep getting gummed up needing.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• I just had my crusher get jammed up. The output chest ( via item pipe ) got full so the internal slots started to back up and once full, the crusher stopped. I cleared some space in the output chest and it wouldn't send more over and resume running. I tried kicking it by removing some of the lignite in the input slot and it auto refilled the input from the chest on top, but still would not send output into the pipe to the output chest. I had to manually remove all 6 stacks of crushed lignite before it would start running again and resume auto output.

• Use a Bigger Pipe at the Output so it can send everything. The Crusher has each output in it's own Slot which causes the Item Pipes to consider the Outputs separately.

GregTech Website

• Hi Greg, i have a few suggestions:

1. To be able to disassemble machines instead of shredding them.

2. Adding the Sabatier or Fischer-Tropsch reaction for Methane production, dumping all the useless carbon dioxide/monoxide and hydrogen to make sweet methan :3

3. Removing/Disabling the unused recipes until a proper use for them is needed(e.g. stone screws).

4. Some sort of backpacks or toolboxes, way too many tools for such a small inventory.

5. Logic gates like in Red Power or Project Red, it's hard to automate complex crucible recipes without logic gates(don't mind me sitting 30 minutes smelting stainless steel). I wouldn't mind having them require power :)

6. Adding some of the IC2 stuff like wind and water mills and a crop system to finally dump IC2 too. Crossing fingers for Nuclear reactors hehe.

7. It would be lovely to combine metals in the Smelter, that would make Logic gate semi-unneeded.

Keep up the good work, i already removed Forestry, Minefactory reloaded(Although i miss the auto farms, guess i'll have to work with the IC2 crops) and Buildcraft(Greg pipes are far superior than Buildcraft ones).

The post was edited 1 time, last by Mercain ().

• 1. Is probably going to happen

2. Gonna look at that later, bookmarked the 2 Wiki Pages.

3. Yeah that is too complicated for it to happen. You can never know when something is needed and as soon as it is missing people will complain.

4. Pocket Multitool for the Tools thing, Item Barrels if you wanna carry lots of one Item. Toolbox is unlikely to happen.

5. Yes Logic Gates, even if only simple ones should exist, until then try attaching Redstone Torches or Repeaters on Red Alloy Wires as if they are Covers.

6. I think only Nuclear is gonna happen for sure, the rest I might not end up doing in GT6. I do plan my own Game starting 2020 so that might get a Crop System.

7. Try Smelter + Mixers.

GregTech Website

• Any reason why saltwater can't be used for making fire bricks?

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• Any reason why saltwater can't be used for making fire bricks?

Uhhhh too salty? XD

GregTech Website

• Hey, it works IRL! Salt doesn't hurt it! XD

Quoted from "zorn":