[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Nah you can use it whenever, its there now.

Then how do I find it? Like I said, I searched for "steel ingot" and didn't see these new ones.

I added a Material that had literally every enchant on it, and that pretty much went offscreen for me when i used default resolution.

OK, but why did the enchants for red, black, and blue steel used to show up fine and now they don't?

• Then how do I find it? Like I said, I searched for "steel ingot" and didn't see these new ones.

How often did I mention HSS? Why dont you search for HSS?

OK, but why did the enchants for red, black, and blue steel used to show up fine and now they don't?

Probably because i have set the limit for visible Enchantment Count too low, that's probably gonna be fixed soon.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Damn... looks like making nano armor now needs this nanoscale fabricator, which didn't seem like a big deal until i noticed it requires Krypton and Xenon, and the only way to get those is from The End. In all my years playing minecraft I've never actually gone there. I believe once you do, the only way back home is by killing the dragon right? Which is exactly the kind of thing you need nano armor for. Catch-22 anyone?

• Also when I was looking today at work with only GT6, GT6 tracks only made 4 tracks per recipe. Here at home where I have not updated yet, it makes 12, which is less than the 32 you get from the railcraft recipes, but it's a hell of a lot better than 4.

• Also when I was looking today at work with only GT6, GT6 tracks only made 4 tracks per recipe. Here at home where I have not updated yet, it makes 12, which is less than the 32 you get from the railcraft recipes, but it's a hell of a lot better than 4.

Have you actually looked at the amount of metal you need to make GT6 Rails?

Catch-22 anyone?

Why would you need Nano Armor to kill the Dragon? Maybe if you have that Hardcore End Mod but not in Vanilla. Also I still need to add the Cryogenic Distillation Tower for proper Air Processing.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Damn... looks like making nano armor now needs this nanoscale fabricator, which didn't seem like a big deal until i noticed it requires Krypton and Xenon, and the only way to get those is from The End. In all my years playing minecraft I've never actually gone there. I believe once you do, the only way back home is by killing the dragon right? Which is exactly the kind of thing you need nano armor for. Catch-22 anyone?

A bow with plenty of arrows and a iron armor is all you need to kill the dragon. You could also make a IC2 jetpack if you can't hit the crystals. Just be careful, when you hit them, they explode hard and can easily kill you. You can also install the GT6 weapon mod and kill the dragon with guns, which makes everything alot easier. Nano armor is already OP, it makes sense to put it middle-end game.

• Have you actually looked at the amount of metal you need to make GT6 Rails?

Umm... yes? They are 1/4th a unit for each rail and 6 rails makes tracks. The question was why did the number of tracks you get go down by 2/3 this revision? Or has it always been that way but is tripled if you have railcraft installed? If it's the latter then why does it only go up to 12 when the railcraft recipes give 32?

• Umm... yes? They are 1/4th a unit for each rail and 6 rails makes tracks. The question was why did the number of tracks you get go down by 2/3 this revision? Or has it always been that way but is tripled if you have railcraft installed? If it's the latter then why does it only go up to 12 when the railcraft recipes give 32?

I do detect Railcraft and increase the amount of Rails just to balance it out with it, otherwise I use Vanilla Balance.

GregTech Website

• I just watched Bear go over this new system that is like AE but without the auto crafting and inventory... isn't that just enderio pipes? And how expensive it is... and I think I need a new pair of underwear. Holy fucking shit that is crazy. I wonder what's the point? We already have a pipe system that works and the main reason for using AE is the searchable gui inventory screen that lets you grab whatever you need instead of looking through a dozen compartment draws trying to remember where you put something.

• I wonder if we could ever do something with Rotten Flesh instead of eating it? Like, turn it into biomass or methane? :)

Also, is there a way to repair broken things, like BIC when it runs out? Or should I just throw them into Shredder?

I've also noticed a strange behavior when combining ProjectRed's Gates with GT wires, while playing on a dedicated server.

For example, if I have:

PR Timer -> GT Red Alloy Wire -> Mold

When PR Timer activates the Wire for 1 tick, the signal does not appear to reach the Mold for most of the time - sometimes it takes like 10 signals for the Mold to activate. I've had to put a repeater between Timer and the Wire to fix this.

Just in case - yes, at the moment of the signal the Mold can accept the material from the adjascent Crucible, and is configured to do so on redstone signal.

And one more thing as a suggestion - since we can configure the sides of Item pipes with a Monkey Wrench, would it be possible to show the current mode of each side, like, with an arrow engraved on the side of that pipe, or maybe on the overlay?

• Rotten Flesh? Fertilizer should be doable already.

BIC needs shreddering or other ways of Recycling.

The Gates are single Tick things, the Repeaters have 2 Ticks. There is a delay that the Redstone just cant keep otherwise. The Mold itself checks every tick or so if Redstone has changed so too small pulses might end up being an update between OFF and OFF without noticing the ON inbetween, thats why the Repeater fixes it.

For the item Pipes thing, I will add a Magnifying Glass response to it.

GregTech Website

• The Gates are single Tick things, the Repeaters have 2 Ticks. There is a delay that the Redstone just cant keep otherwise. The Mold itself checks every tick or so if Redstone has changed so too small pulses might end up being an update between OFF and OFF without noticing the ON inbetween, thats why the Repeater fixes it.

Huh? You can configure repeaters to have a 2 tick delay on the output, but they default to 1. And if the mold itself were checking every tick, then it would have to see it ( the repeater can't check and the intput can't pulse any faster than every tick ). So it sounds like the mold is only checking every other tick. That is, assuming that the repeater does take a 1 tick wide input pulse and turn it into a 2 tick wide output, which I don't think it does.

• 1 Redstone TIck = 2 Game Ticks, people often confuse that.

GregTech Website

• 1 Redstone TIck = 2 Game Ticks, people often confuse that.

Yea, so? Who in this picture *isn't* using redstone ticks?

By the way, I am very confused by my tungsten vein. I just went digging for some more tungsten and I got 11 huebnerite, 8 ferberite, 12 scheelite, 13 tungstate, 10 wolframite... and 82 malechite, 116 yellow limonite, and 40 azurite ore. Why is there so little of the tungsten family of ores mixed in with so much malechite and yellow linonite? Aren't those from two different ore families?

• By the way, I am very confused by my tungsten vein. I just went digging for some more tungsten and I got 11 huebnerite, 8 ferberite, 12 scheelite, 13 tungstate, 10 wolframite... and 82 malechite, 116 yellow limonite, and 40 azurite ore. Why is there so little of the tungsten family of ores mixed in with so much malechite and yellow linonite? Aren't those from two different ore families?

Yeah thsoe seem to be two different ones, you sure you dont just have two ore layers instead of only one?

GregTech Website

• Yeah thsoe seem to be two different ones, you sure you dont just have two ore layers instead of only one?

I have yet to detect any sort of border between them. It's all in limestone and I just keep expanding the rectangular room in all directions and I seem to find a tungsten ore scattered here and there with the other ores all over. Unless the separation is vertical and there are 2-3 blocks where they overlap? I haven't tried digging down much yet. Can that happen with the new layer ore gen system? I guess I'm still used to the old ore gen where once you found a vein, you just mined out until you found the edges of it and only that ore with one or two sub ores were there.

• Do you happen to have this at the point where two rock layers meet each other? there is a spawning condition for "inbetween two specific layers" which can overlap with other ore veins.

GregTech Website

• Do you happen to have this at the point where two rock layers meet each other? there is a spawning condition for "inbetween two specific layers" which can overlap with other ore veins.

Could you be more specific about this "inbetween two specific layers"? I've dug out some more and gone down deeper and while it is all in limestone, it appears that the limonite/malechite/azurite is just above a good layer where the tungsten ores are, with some mixture of the two in between.

• Uh yeah there is ores that are essentially on the border inbetween two layers. that was always existing. Lapis and Diamonds do the same in some cases.

GregTech Website

• Uh yeah there is ores that are essentially on the border inbetween two layers. that was always existing. Lapis and Diamonds do the same in some cases.

Vertically? Between two layers, as in limestone and... not limestone? Because so far ALL of this stuff is in limestone, it's just that the tungsten stuff is directly under the iron/copper stuff.