[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Rotten Flesh? Fertilizer should be doable already.

Ah, yes, although, I think, it requires the same element (KNO3 or NaNO3) that is used to make Nitric Acid, which is somewhat rare (the only source of it that I found is a Soulsand)

The Gates are single Tick things, the Repeaters have 2 Ticks. There is a delay that the Redstone just cant keep otherwise.

The thing is - it works flawlessly on a single player, I've found this problem only while playing on a dedicated server.

That won't work because the iron will come out as soon as it melts before it becomes steel.

Oh, right, sorry...

On a not-so-related note - I wonder if dumping moderate amounts of Glycerol in a water would be safe for the environment in real life? I'm asking because as an added challenge I've tried to built a sorta-realistic sewer system to dispose of liquids, which "dumps" its contents in a nearby dirty river.

PS: Soo... I've just learned that Barrels and Drums don't actually require compact pumps to output their contents...

*After spending 7 minutes screaming in a pillow, grabs a crowbar for those 20+ pumps...*

The post was edited 1 time, last by DragDen ().

• So using the gas turbine to drive a dynamo is 87.5% more efficient than using burning boxes to boil water and run the steam turbine. I thought then, that it would be worth it to catalytically crack the liquid oil fractions ( and why can you only do this to 2 out of the 4 liquids? ) into ethelyne and burn that in the turbine, but it seems that the cracking process loses a tremendous amount of the energy in the fuel, far more than the 1.875 multiplier on the gas turbine gets you. Boo.

• So I'm producing some sulfuric acid and to that end I put some sulfur in the roaster with an air vent on the side and it seems to fill it with 16,000L of air, spends less than 2 seconds burning it up with two sulfur using a 16 HU/t invar burning box, then sits there until after 16 seconds when it finally puts more air in. Why is the air vent so slow now? It didn't used to have this problem.

• So I'm producing some sulfuric acid and to that end I put some sulfur in the roaster with an air vent on the side and it seems to fill it with 16,000L of air, spends less than 2 seconds burning it up with two sulfur using a 16 HU/t invar burning box, then sits there until after 16 seconds when it finally puts more air in. Why is the air vent so slow now? It didn't used to have this problem.

I did not change anything in that regard, so uhh, what exactly happened?

Edit: I just checked and the vent only fills with 16000L of air every 320 Ticks, which is every 16 seconds.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• I did not change anything in that regard, so uhh, what exactly happened?

Edit: I just checked and the vent only fills with 16000L of air every 320 Ticks, which is every 16 seconds.

16 seconds? Why so crazy long? I mean I literally can't make the roaster go any slower and it's still trying to consume the air much faster than the vent can provide it. And I noticed that it uses 8000L of air now instead of like 1000L of oxygen... did you recently make the air take more?

• Air always took more than oxygen so that's not exactly the case. There is a reason I make Air slow as fuck so you actually go USE oxygen. ;)

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Vanilla Bug, unfixable. And yes I am aware of what it is and how it happens. Try not putting shit at vertical chunk borders, culling would in some cases think there is nothing to render behind things.

GregTech Website

• Well, its something, still not really helpful until it gets through.

GregTech Website

• Holy crap. I'm making enough annealed copper to make the large copper coils for the multiblock dynamo and it's going to take my smelter 2.3 HOURS to anneal it all.

Parallelize your workload!

GregTech Website

• I've had a crash with Chunk-Pregenerator and Journeymap. Crash log:

https://pastebin.com/cziDAkCa

tldr:

In discord discussion it was suggested that Chunk-Pregenerator is completely incompatible with GregTech due to the way of how GT generates ores. Is this true? If this is true, what is the recommended pregeneration method? (Also, if it is true, could the mention of Chunk-Pregenerator be removed from the recommendations on GT6 download page?)

Thank you!

• How did that Nullpointer happen? That doesn't sound right. And Chunk Pregenerator works really well with GT6 that's why i added it.

I will ask Speiger whats up there.

Edit: Are you Auto-Mapping in Journeymap or something while the Pregenerator is running? that could be the Issue.

GregTech Website

• That might have been the case, yes. I was pretty sure that I've paused pregeneration, but as well might have had it running that way. Thank you! If it would happen again with definitely not running ChunkPregenerator and proper auto-mapping, I'll get back to it.

• How can i get a list of materials that can be bathed with mercury or pyrotheum? I mean crushed ores.

check NEI usages (U or right mouse click by default) on any containers filled with mercury (or pyrotheum).

Pretty much that, all other options are just "look at the source code" and "ask Greg for it", though Greg will probably just say "look at the damn code I dont wanna be bothered" XD

GregTech Website

• "look at the source code"

But this is exactly that i need. I just want to know where can i find it. My wiki templates will generate articles about materials semi-automatic so i need to know how to generate properties of material from source code.