[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Yes mention of asteroids should appear in the config like this once you visit the Asteroids and ONLY once you visit them:

Code
    1. copper { I:Amount_16=16 B:Enabled_true=true I:MaxHeight_120=120 I:MinHeight_60=60 S:Ore_Copper=Copper dim { B:Asteroids_true=true B:Atum_true=true B:Barnarda_C_true=true B:Betweenlands_true=true B:Mars_true=true B:Overworld_true=true } }

As for that Worldgen Crash Issue, are you secretly using some world pregeneration mod of the sorts?

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Yes mention of asteroids should appear in the config like this once you visit the Asteroids and ONLY once you visit them:

Code
    1. copper { I:Amount_16=16 B:Enabled_true=true I:MaxHeight_120=120 I:MinHeight_60=60 S:Ore_Copper=Copper dim { B:Asteroids_true=true B:Atum_true=true B:Barnarda_C_true=true B:Betweenlands_true=true B:Mars_true=true B:Overworld_true=true } }

As for that Worldgen Crash Issue, are you secretly using some world pregeneration mod of the sorts?

No, no extra mods.

Only gregtech_1.7.10-6.11.05, Galacticraft 501 and Forge 1614. Even the configuration files left by default

• Stupid aluminum brass pipe keeps getting clogged. It's taking the output of two sluice juice centrifuges and has a filter on the side to dump the tiny stone dust, and a filter to the chest for everything else, yet pipe keeps just deciding it won't accept anything and the items back up in the sluice with nothing coming out of either side of the pipe:

And no, I don't mean the pipe isn't keeping up. It works fine for a while, then just stops dead.

• Stupid aluminum brass pipe keeps getting clogged. It's taking the output of two sluice juice centrifuges and has a filter on the side to dump the tiny stone dust, and a filter to the chest for everything else, yet pipe keeps just deciding it won't accept anything and the items back up in the sluice with nothing coming out of either side of the pipe:

And no, I don't mean the pipe isn't keeping up. It works fine for a while, then just stops dead.

well whats the pipes bandwidth, and how many items can the sluice output at maximum load? seems like 2 numbers are mismatching there in your setup. There is a reason big pipes exist, use them instead of complaining.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• well whats the pipes bandwidth, and how many items can the sluice output at maximum load? seems like 2 numbers are mismatching there in your setup. There is a reason big pipes exist, use them instead of complaining.

What's wrong with two at a time? Hell, what's wrong with one at a time as long as the total rate is enough? Like I said, the system functions just fine most of the time, then it's like the sluice just decides it is never going to try to output again, until I break the pipes ( they are empty ) and put them back. Is it because the sluice sometimes happens to get 3 items at the same time, and if it can't output all 3 that tick, it just gives up and won't ever output anything again? If so what is up with this silly "if I can't send everything in one tick, fsck it!" mentality?

And in previous worlds I've used 1x brass pipes without issue to carry the 3 outputs of a roasting oven into filters into 3 dust funnels, back into 1x brass pipes into a chest, and never had them deadlock like this.

• Its not supposed to be a deadlock, its just that 3 are in and then once three are in only 2 are sent so 1 is in and then you get 2 more from the machine and again 3 are in, and this increases over time until it gets stuck.

GregTech Website

• Its not supposed to be a deadlock, its just that 3 are in and then once three are in only 2 are sent so 1 is in and then you get 2 more from the machine and again 3 are in, and this increases over time until it gets stuck.

Nope; that's not what is happening at all. I tried to say originally that it isn't simply not keeping up and so it slowly gets more and more full. Once it stops, it stops dead. Not one single more item will go through the pipe. I can watch it sit there with one or two units of one or two different items for some time, with new items appearing, and some leaving, but always hovering around 1-2 items ( per stack ) and then it just stops outputting entirely and the count of the stone dust just keeps going up until it's full and shuts down.

• And then after around 1200 ticks it will try to output again, or at least it should. But if your Issue is really as you describe then yes OFCOURSE IT GETS STUCK, use bigger pipes damnit.

GregTech Website

• And then after around 1200 ticks it will try to output again, or at least it should. But if your Issue is really as you describe then yes OFCOURSE IT GETS STUCK, use bigger pipes damnit.

You seem to be saying that each tick the pipe can only carry 2 items, and so if the machine tries to output 3, then 1 stays behind, and over time, the machine will eventually fill up as each tick it gets 1 more item stuck in it than it had before, and once it fills up completely, it will stop outputting for 1 minute. Am I misunderstanding that?

I'm saying that it does not build up slowly over time, but at some completely random point it stops forever. Not just for 1 minute, and not when it happens to have 3 items to output and can only send 2. I have watched it produce 3, send 2, have 1 extra, then a second later that 1 gets sent, and the machine is back to being empty. It will do this for some time before it suddenly stops even though it still only has 1-3 items in it.

This is exactly how, in my last world, I used the roasting oven to refine tetra with its 3 outputs ( every time, not chance based like the centrifuge ), except it never got stuck. And that was with a narrower pipe. So why now, is a 2x pipe not sufficient for a machine that most of the time, only produces 1 output?

• You seem to be saying that each tick the pipe can only carry 2 items, and so if the machine tries to output 3, then 1 stays behind, and over time, the machine will eventually fill up as each tick it gets 1 more item stuck in it than it had before, and once it fills up completely, it will stop outputting for 1 minute. Am I misunderstanding that?

Pretty much the way you said it.

I'm saying that it does not build up slowly over time, but at some completely random point it stops forever. Not just for 1 minute, and not when it happens to have 3 items to output and can only send 2. I have watched it produce 3, send 2, have 1 extra, then a second later that 1 gets sent, and the machine is back to being empty. It will do this for some time before it suddenly stops even though it still only has 1-3 items in it.

This is exactly how, in my last world, I used the roasting oven to refine tetra with its 3 outputs ( every time, not chance based like the centrifuge ), except it never got stuck. And that was with a narrower pipe. So why now, is a 2x pipe not sufficient for a machine that most of the time, only produces 1 output?

The thing is there is a chance it could do up to 6 items at once, and then it might get stuck. Item Pipes can only send stacks every 20 ticks, and depending on the speed your machine works and the Recipe itself, it's outputting around every 16 ticks (because most Recipes have that duration). You now see the other mismatch here? The Item Pipes are generally slower than the Machine due to this!

Again, why are you so much against just increasing the bandwidth on the Pipe? You clearly need it.

GregTech Website

• The thing is there is a chance it could do up to 6 items at once, and then it might get stuck. Item Pipes can only send stacks every 20 ticks, and depending on the speed your machine works and the Recipe itself, it's outputting around every 16 ticks (because most Recipes have that duration). You now see the other mismatch here? The Item Pipes are generally slower than the Machine due to this!

Again, why are you so much against just increasing the bandwidth on the Pipe? You clearly need it.

What exactly do you mean when you say "get stuck", because it seems to me like your idea is that the machine will SLOWLY get further and further behind over time, because it is making items faster than the pipe can carry them off. If that was what was going on, then yes, I would agree I either need a larger pipe, or simply a hopper between the machine and the pipe to let the items stack into larger stacks, since the pipe doesn't seem to care whether it gets one item or a whole stack. But since it *isn't* slowly backing up more and more over time while still emptying out ( slower than it fills ), it seems clear to me that I DON'T need more pipe bandwidth, but rather there is a bug that simply makes it suddenly stop working sometimes.

It's as if you have a fluid pipe that can transfer 250 L/t, and a machine that makes 1000L every 10 ticks. That's an average of only 100 L/t, and so you watch its internal buffer fill to 1000L, then drain out into the pipe over the next 4 ticks, go empty, then refill 6 ticks later. Only every once in a while, the pipe just stops working, and once that happens, it only takes the machine a few second to hit its max capacity of 16,000L and shut down. Certainly you can see why I would be incredulous if your advice in this situation were "you just need a bigger pipe".

The average output of the centrifuge working sluice juice is something like 1.3 items per 20 ticks, and since most of those are stone dust and they can stack, and the pipe can take an entire stack of stone dust in one 20 tick period, even a 1x pipe should be plenty, on average, since the items that don't go out in any given 20 tick window can just sit in the inventory slots and stack higher until the pipe does get a time slot to take that whole stack.

By the way, tracks are hand harvestable, but a pickaxe is faster ( even a stone one is instant ). My MV mining drill refuses to harvest them though.

• It's as if you have a fluid pipe that can transfer 250 L/t, and a machine that makes 1000L every 10 ticks. That's an average of only 100 L/t, and so you watch its internal buffer fill to 1000L, then drain out into the pipe over the next 4 ticks, go empty, then refill 6 ticks later. Only every once in a while, the pipe just stops working, and once that happens, it only takes the machine a few second to hit its max capacity of 16,000L and shut down. Certainly you can see why I would be incredulous if your advice in this situation were "you just need a bigger pipe".

Yeah but Machines do not SPAM the Item movement request towards the Pipe. That would be laggy as fuck, so usually Machines just try to emit Items when they produce something, which is the reason they push out at a different rate than the Item Pipes handle, though typically they also get notified of whenever the Pipe sent something due to adjacent Inventory Update Mechanics, and therefore also emit Items whenever the Item Pipe has just freed up a Buffer Slot.

Also averages dont matter unless you put something that actually averages the Outputs (which you obviously dont). If this was an electric cable then it would have been fried long ago with that irregular "Voltage".

By the way, tracks are hand harvestable, but a pickaxe is faster ( even a stone one is instant ). My MV mining drill refuses to harvest them though.

Wait what? Lemme check something... What are you talking about? You know that GT6 Tools cant even touch the things they cant harvest unlike Vanilla Tools, and nothing in the vanilla Rail Code says "better harvest with pickaxe", except for the vanilla Pickaxe itself which has a hardcoded special case for vanilla Rails. Drills are not supposed to harvest Rails, Crowbars are, which is a Railcraft-ism and therefore vanilla Rules do not apply.

GregTech Website

• Also averages dont matter unless you put something that actually averages the Outputs (which you obviously dont). If this was an electric cable then it would have been fried long ago with that irregular "Voltage".

Except it *isn't* a power cable, so peak output doesn't matter. If it works as you say here:

though typically they also get notified of whenever the Pipe sent something due to adjacent Inventory Update Mechanics, and therefore also emit Items whenever the Item Pipe has just freed up a Buffer Slot.

Then a 1x or 2x pipe will be enough since once the first thing empties out of the pipe, the second thing that did not fit right away will now enter the pipe. And once again, this is exactly what I see it doing, *most* of the time. I guess in theory it could always take the stone dust, and never get a chance to take any of the other products, and so eventually the centrifuge would get full of the other products, but that isn't what I'm seeing happen either. Once again, what I see when it breaks is the pipe empties out, and instead of sending the next item ( and at this time there are 0-2 stone dust, and maybe 1-2 of one or two other products is all ), nothing ever leaves the centrifuge again, and the stone dust pile starts ticking up until it hits 64 and the machine stops. I can sit there and watch it make more stone dust again and again, which you say should trigger it to try and output to the empty pipe each time, but it doesn't.

It's like it tried to output to the pipe, saw it was full, and set a flag to not try again until it gets the notice that the pipe has emptied a slot, and that notice gets lost in the mail, so it never tries to output again even though the pipe is empty, and even though it keeps making more products, which should also trigger an output attempt.

except for the vanilla Pickaxe itself which has a hardcoded special case for vanilla Rails.

Ahh, that would explain it.

• This time I sluiced like 5 stacks of crushed ore and the centrifuges worked fine right up until the ore was all done sluicing and the centrifuges were just wrapping up the last of the sluice juice in their buffers when they stopped outputting, filled on stone dust, and stopped. Just a moment before this I checked on them and they were empty or nearly empty. I removed the stone dust by hand, and they still refused to send anything to the pipe and started to fill up on stone dust once again. And I can open a side in the pipe and nothing comes out, so it is empty, but even when I remove the stone dust by hand once again and get the centrifuge running again, it still won't send anything into the pipe.

Wait... with the centrifuges stopped, I broke the section of pipe with the filters on it and 2 stone dust dropped, so it seems the pipe is what was stuck with something inside it that refused to leave ( but I'm not sure why it didn't come out of the other part of pipe when I opened its side ). After replacing the pipe, it's all working again... for now. So it looks like maybe the bug *is* with the pipe rather than the centrifuge. Is there an item entity limit in the world? Could the problem be that I'm just letting the stone dust drop out as item entities and when so many are bouncing there waiting for the 3 minute timer to expunge them, it hits an upper limit and the pipe refuses to output any more? I guess I'll need to go to the nether to get some more blaze powder and make another garbage can to test this.

• Are you seriously dropping out stone dust as Items?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

GregTech Website

• Am I missing something or does GregTech stop at 1.7.10?

You are not missing anything, its indeed 1.7.10 and still being developed for 1.7.10. Future MC Versions just break too many things to be working.

GregTech Website

• I decided to try GregTech and I am completely new to it. Is there something I should absolutely read? Does GregTech make any sense to use without IC2?

Is this even the right place to ask?

• Have you read the Downloads Page ? Including the few mini guides it links to? And the install instructions on said Page?

And yes it makes very much sense to play GT6 without IC2.

GregTech Website

• I have sucessfully got GregTech to run with NEI. It ran like butt, but I was in a jungle with only 2G and no fastcraft or anything else on a 7years old PC.

I just noticed EU is mentioned a lot in GregTech and rubber trees exist, but have no utility beyond being wood, as it seems, so it seems to want IC2. I tend to prefer small packs and play mods in their pure form, but if GT is mostly intended for use with at least IC2(and fastcraft) I should add it.

Even though I doubt I'll have the time to get very far.