[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Only MC + GT6 + NEI needs just 1GB of RAM and runs fine on a 1.1GHz Intel Quadcore Processor with Integrated Graphics. Fastcraft and Optifine can help too.

I just use the same naming scheme for "Electric Units" in GT6 and "Energy Units" in IC2, they also are 1:1 conversion ratio and essentially the same thing.

Rubber Trees do exist in GT6, just in different Biomes, and you can get Resin from those too with a slightly different mechanic. You can put a Leather Bag for collecting the Resin out of the Holes semi-automatically.

Things exist in GT6 that copy IC2 Stuff in order to NOT depend on IC2.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• I just noticed EU is mentioned a lot in GregTech and rubber trees exist, but have no utility beyond being wood, as it seems, so it seems to want IC2. I tend to prefer small packs and play mods in their pure form, but if GT is mostly intended for use with at least IC2(and fastcraft) I should add it.

GT rubber trees can have a resin hole you can pull a sticky resin from ( no tap, just hands ), or slap a resin bag on to auto collect them. Then it needs either squeezed or centrifuged to get latex and that needs put in the coagulator to get rubber. I keep IC2exp around still for the crop sticks and auto farm. And nano/quantum armor will be nice to make one of these days, though you now have to visit the end to do it.

• I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Can you use the heat exchanger in reverse mode to heat the IC2 coolant?

No, and I better not do that, who knows what kinda exploits that would lead to.

Edit: also Bear wont read anything here.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website

• What sorcery is going on here with transformers? AFAICS, they have an internal capacitor and they will accept input packets until the capacitor no longer has room for another. It will then offer its entire capacitor balance as a single packet of output ( when in reverse mode ), or 4 packets of 1/4th of its capacitor charge otherwise. Now if you feed an MV-HV transformer 8 amps of 128 volts from a large battery box, it will take in a total of 1024 EU/t and output 1 amp at 1024 EU. So its internal capacitor must hold 1024 EU. Indeed, if you then remove 4 batteries from the battery box and connect a load, the first packet that comes out is still 1024 EU, then it settles down to 512 since that is all it can get each tick from the battery box. So why the hell will 4 batteries not recharge the transformer back up to 1024 when no load is connected to it, and still cause that first packet to be 1024 when you do connect the load?

No, and I better not do that, who knows what kinda exploits that would lead to.

Why not? What is the use of having the fluid without IC2 then? You can't do anything with it. It would be nice if you could use multiple heaters to heat coolant, then dump all the heat out into a single machine.

Edit: also Bear wont read anything here.

Oh? Where does he read? I have no idea why I don't seem to have P2P recipes. The IC2 compat is enabled in the AE2 config and I think the log file said it was enabling the EU P2P recipe, yet for some reason, it doesn't exist in the generated recipes directory. Same with fluid, etc, only the ME P2P recipe exists.

• Why not? What is the use of having the fluid without IC2 then? You can't do anything with it. It would be nice if you could use multiple heaters to heat coolant, then dump all the heat out into a single machine.

If i offer a way to turn coolant into hot coolant using regular methods that aren't necessarily power generation, then it might disbalance certain things that expect coolant to hot coolant to be a "use only by generators" operation, and I plan Nuclear Reactors so guess why.

Oh? Where does he read?

I wonder if he ever reads at all, he doesn't like reading. XD

maybe look into the MineTweaker Scripts of the Pack?

GregTech Website

• Oh? Where does he read? I have no idea why I don't seem to have P2P recipes. The IC2 compat is enabled in the AE2 config and I think the log file said it was enabling the EU P2P recipe, yet for some reason, it doesn't exist in the generated recipes directory. Same with fluid, etc, only the ME P2P recipe exists.

Maybe you're supposed to craft an ME P2P tunnel, place it down, and then click it with an IC2 cable? I'm not certain about 1.7.10, but in later versions, I'm fairly sure that's how it works.

If you stare at my avatar hard enough, you'll notice that it consists of three triangular rings, interlocked in such a way that if you were to remove any one of them, the other two would be free to float apart.

• If i offer a way to turn coolant into hot coolant using regular methods that aren't necessarily power generation, then it might disbalance certain things that expect coolant to hot coolant to be a "use only by generators" operation, and I plan Nuclear Reactors so guess why.

Isn't a burning box "power generation"? AFAICS, the purpose of coolant is to take heat from one place ( normally an IC2 nuclear reactor ) to another ( normally an IC2 boiler ). There's nothing stopping you from using the heat exchanger to heat other machines, but unfortunately, other sources of heat can't be put backwards through the exchanger so the only way to heat the coolant is with the reactor. If the reactor produces a certain amount of heat and transfers it through the coolant to the boiler, I don't see why it would be a problem for GT to take heat from a burning box and transfer it in the same way, at the same radio of heat to coolant. Is there anything else in any mod anywhere that uses the coolant?

Maybe you're supposed to craft an ME P2P tunnel, place it down, and then click it with an IC2 cable? I'm not certain about 1.7.10, but in later versions, I'm fairly sure that's how it works.

Wow. I guess it has been quite a while since I played with AE2.

• Isn't a burning box "power generation"? AFAICS, the purpose of coolant is to take heat from one place ( normally an IC2 nuclear reactor ) to another ( normally an IC2 boiler ). There's nothing stopping you from using the heat exchanger to heat other machines, but unfortunately, other sources of heat can't be put backwards through the exchanger so the only way to heat the coolant is with the reactor. If the reactor produces a certain amount of heat and transfers it through the coolant to the boiler, I don't see why it would be a problem for GT to take heat from a burning box and transfer it in the same way, at the same radio of heat to coolant. Is there anything else in any mod anywhere that uses the coolant.

There might be something in IC2 that i overlooked which is the main reason why. See if the only means of production of Coolant are Power Generators, then everything is fine when someone adds a more efficient Heat Exchanger for example. But could you imagine what happens if someone made a Coal Synthesization Recipe and how it would affect balance if that Recipe is cheaper than the shitloads of power you get from Coal in a Fluidized Burning Box?

GregTech Website

• There might be something in IC2 that i overlooked which is the main reason why. See if the only means of production of Coolant are Power Generators, then everything is fine when someone adds a more efficient Heat Exchanger for example. But could you imagine what happens if someone made a Coal Synthesization Recipe and how it would affect balance if that Recipe is cheaper than the shitloads of power you get from Coal in a Fluidized Burning Box?

Just because some idiot *could* make a mod to take crushed ore and mix it with stone to turn it back into raw stone you can double again in the crusher doesn't mean you shouldn't make the crusher. Come to think of it... why not just let the heat exchanger take steam and turn it back into distilled + HU? Who needs coolant? ;)

• Please tell me the logic of the steam mechanisms. Whatever I do, everything works fine only with a ratio of 1 source per 1 consumer through separate channels. When trying to let steam from two sources through one pipe to consumers through a pipe of sufficient capacity and speed with the correct ratio, the mechanisms refuse to work correctly.

• Having reduced the range of the pipeline for steam, everything worked as it should.

How does the range of the pipeline affect steam? Is there any loss?

• Having reduced the range of the pipeline for steam, everything worked as it should.

How does the range of the pipeline affect steam? Is there any loss?

There sint loss, but each pipe will slow down the bandwidth until its half full.

How do you make an engine emit RF?

It just DOES emit RF, why wouldn't it just DO it?

GregTech Website

• Uhh what? Which Mods do you have installed? Does Forestry have the RF and IC2 API in its jar? Those APIs need to exist for everything to work.

GregTech Website

• Uhh what? Which Mods do you have installed? Does Forestry have the RF and IC2 API in its jar? Those APIs need to exist for everything to work.

No idea. I started with Bear's light pack and discarded a bunch of mods I don't want, including TE and IE. He seems to have deleted the recipe for the clockwork engine ( all but the electric engine it appears ) but I cheated one in and that powers the carpenter.

• open the forestry jar and see if it has any RF or IC2 API in it

GregTech Website