[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• It tries to get the firstbest Output Slot first, so there isn't only argon is there? And yes that implementation isn't all that good.

Ahh, I see. Though I could have sworn that I had used the funnel/tap to remove a specific fluid using a drum that already had some in it before. Now it seems that I need some rubies to make the crystal processors for the implosion compressor. I had two rubies but they apparently were the fake ones (MgO). Ruby ore used to spawn at the lower layers of redstone veins. Is this no longer the case? My Komatiite redstone vein seems to have magnesite, gold, and cinnabar in it, but no rubies.

Maybe I'll have to use cheat mode to refund myself the iridium crucible I made my T1 crystallization crucible with ( since it now uses quartz ) and use it to craft the T3 to make a ruby boule. Oh wait, I can just melt and centrifuge a bunch of redstone to get some ruby dust. Except that I need the implosion compressor to turn that into plates don't I? Damnit.

I am super, super excited for the new multiblock crucible! Honestly, the whole metalworking system is probably one of my favorite things in GregTech. It's just really versatile - you can melt down almost anything in it, you can mix metals to make alloys, pour the molten metal into molds to make a TON of things - tool heads, ingots, plates, gears, rods... also, having to actually measure things out and pay attention to ratios when making alloys has been really engaging, for me at least. At any rate, having the option of making a crucible with 27x the capacity is just going to make all of that so much more awesome.

True, but after playing crucible simulator for most of 2019, I now prefer to just use the smelter + mixer. Now if only I could make steel, carborundum, tungsten carbide, and use carbon to reduce silicon from silicon dioxide that way...

• Well I just learned something cool that turns minecraft on its head. Apparently all of the coal on the Earth was formed at the same time ( geologically speaking ). 360 million years ago plants figured out how to make lignin which is what makes wood hard. It took fungi 60 million years to figure out how to break lignin down, so for 60 million years, the dead trees just piled up and formed coal. After fungi figured out how to break it down, no more coal formed. So all over the earth, all of the coal is in this one geologic layer. None above or below that. Not scattered all around like in vanilla minecraft.

• Well I just learned something cool that turns minecraft on its head. Apparently all of the coal on the Earth was formed at the same time ( geologically speaking ). 360 million years ago plants figured out how to make lignin which is what makes wood hard. It took fungi 60 million years to figure out how to break lignin down, so for 60 million years, the dead trees just piled up and formed coal. After fungi figured out how to break it down, no more coal formed. So all over the earth, all of the coal is in this one geologic layer. None above or below that. Not scattered all around like in vanilla minecraft.

Except the earth's crust isn't static and stuff moves around.

Generally anything in the ground comes in sheets or huge clusters. Default Minecraft doesn't do that for simplicity reasons, but mods like GT or TFC do it.

And while I don't see at all how that was related to the thread, #TeamTrees

EDIT: Caveat: Remember planting trees does nothing if they don't get to stay there.

• So any word on why my redstone vein has magnesite and gold in it rather than ruby ore?

The Redstone Veins dont have Ruby in it anymore since ages. The Ores are like they are, maybe look somewhere else for what you are looking for.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• The Redstone Veins dont have Ruby in it anymore since ages. The Ores are like they are, maybe look somewhere else for what you are looking for.

So Ruby Ore still spawns in the new layer system, just not with redstone anymore? Good to know. I ended up making it with the crystallisation crucible. And then I found you need a level 4 wrench to move the implosion compressor, so I finally ended up trying out the HSS-E since it's just as good as tungstensteel but dilutes it with other things, and all of those but the chromium I don't have much use for. It also says it has sharpness IV so I guess that's what I'm making my next sword out of instead of blue steel.

• https://forum.gregtech.overmin…thread/34/151?u=gregorius

Well Update Post is here instead of on Patreon because shit is fucked up over there...

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• https://forum.gregtech.overmin…tech-6-main-thread/34/154

Patreon fucked up again, so GT Forum Post it is.

GregTech Website

• Post by amymorris ().

This post was deleted by Chocohead: Spam ().
  • For the real Post go here

https://forum.gregtech.overmin…thread/34/156?u=gregorius

For the Patreon Post that shows you all the garbage that is broken go here

https://www.patreon.com/posts/31681548

GregTech Website