[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website [Closed]

• Official Post

I have already finished the Code for my own Fusionreactor, and its working with 1.3.2 (and that without needing an IC²-Update)

So here the Mechanics of it:

:Iridium: :HV-Transformer: :Iridium:
    :MFS-Unit: :Advanced Circuit: :MFS-Unit: = Fusioncontrolcomputer (will may consume a RP-Computercore instead of the Circuit, if installed)
    :Iridium: :HV-Transformer: :Iridium:

:Tesla Coil: :Advanced Machine: :Advanced Circuit:
    :Advanced Machine: :Iridium: :Advanced Machine: = Fusioncoil, just a stupid Block, which does nothing by itself, but is needed for the Controlblock.
    :Advanced Circuit: :Advanced Machine: :Tesla Coil:

:Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Tesla Coil: :Tesla Coil: :Tesla Coil: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: . Shape of the Fusionreactor (Horizontal!!!)
    :Intergrated Plating: :Tesla Coil: :Tesla Coil: :Intergrated Plating: :Tesla Coil: :Tesla Coil: :Intergrated Plating: . :MFS-Unit: = Fusioncontrolcomputer
    :Tesla Coil: :Tesla Coil: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Tesla Coil: :Tesla Coil: . :Tesla Coil: = 24 Fusioncoils placed around the Controlblock
    :Tesla Coil: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :MFS-Unit: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Tesla Coil: . :Intergrated Plating: = Nothing
    :Tesla Coil: :Tesla Coil: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Tesla Coil: :Tesla Coil: .
    :Intergrated Plating: :Tesla Coil: :Tesla Coil: :Intergrated Plating: :Tesla Coil: :Tesla Coil: :Intergrated Plating: .
    :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Tesla Coil: :Tesla Coil: :Tesla Coil: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: .

It will need 10000000EU (a full MFSU!) to start running, so try to keep the Fuel for the Reaction up as long as possible. It will also charge itself until it has 10000000EU for another Reaction, before it outputs anything. The Reactor itself can hold 20000000EU before you lose any Energy due to overfilling the Storage, and will output either 4096EU/t if Storage is over 10000000EU, or 2048EU/t (4096EU/t at a rate of one Pulse per 2 Ticks) if you collect the EU from the Reaction directly.

Energyinput is on the 2 Glasssides (You need to connect only one of these with your Inputcable!), Energyoutput (where you put your 2 HV-Transformers) is on the 2 HV-Output-Facings. The Top with the Computer is for autofilling the Topslot, while the GregTech-Logo on the bottom is for the autofilling of the Bottomslot (So you may need at least one Automatiomod like Redpower). For Retrieving the He-Cells just put your Tubes/Filters on the last remaining Side.

To Fuel it you need one Tritiumcell (T-Cell) and one Deuteriumcell (D-Cell). These will last for 1024Ticks * 2048EU/Tick = 2097152EU!!! It doesnt matter, which Inputslots you choose for T-Cells or D-Cells, as long as one contains the T-Cell-Stack and the other one the D-Cell-Stack.

But how to get those Cells, well here is the simple Productionchain for it.

Electrolyzed Watercell + Extractor = Hydroniumcell (H-Cell)
    4 * H-Cell + Extractor = D-Cell
    4 * D-Cell + Extractor = T-Cell

You will need 20 H-Cells to run one Fusioncycle, and since they need Electrolyzed Watercells, you have to use large amounts of Electrolyzers. (enough to produce one Electrolyzed Cell per 2 Seconds)

Such a H-Cell has also other purposes. You can for example, use it inside a Generator to get 30000EU! But you will lose your Tincell. (Thats like burning Tin for EU).

But thats not all about those Cells! There is also a Heliumcell (He-Cell), which you will get as byproduct of the Fusionreactor, to burn it for additional 100000EU inside a Generator! (If you got another idea for a Purpose of it, other than making Balloons with it, then tell it me)

This will be the most awesome Fusionreactor of all the IC²-Addons!

• I fart in your general direction, good sir.

Joking aside, perhaps we can make our Addons compatible? Mine is still only in the planning stage, of course.

He who loves not wine, women, and music remains a fool his whole life long!
    - Amane from Rolling Contact

Edited 2 times, last by Zeream ().

• Helium is noble, unreactive gas, and IMHO fusion in IC should be more like in stars (ash of one fusion is burned in next step). Maybe another type of byproduct? (in reality it's iron, but it would be OP, maybe something for next tier of GregTech Intergalactical machines and gadgets?)

• Official Post

I fart in your general direction, good sir.

Joking aside, perhaps we can make our Addons compatible? Mine is still only in the planning stage, of course.

You just have to finish your Addon. Then i will make mine load after yours, and use your Items. Then i will no longer load my Cell-Items, if yours are there. Of course you need to use the Configsystem of Forge (The Configuration-Class), because i dont want to write a new Configparser. Better Idea: Add your Cells to the Oredictionary and use the same names as me. This way we get even better Crossmod-Compatiblity. I will add it to the OP.

"container_1h" for Hydroniumcell
    "container_1d" and "container_h2" for Deuteriumcell
    "container_1t" and "container_h3" for Tritiumcell
    "container_1he" for Heliumcell

"container_1xx" for "xx-Elementname"-Cell
    "container_2h" for a Cell which contains H2
    "container_2h_1O" for a Cell with H2O (the Watercell)
    "container_1he3" for a Cell which contains a Heliumisotope with an additional Neutron (Helium 3)

And i will also no longer use the Core+Addon-System, as its too much work. I just make Configs to disable the Craftingrecipes if needed.

Helium is noble, unreactive gas, and IMHO fusion in IC should be more like in stars (ash of one fusion is burned in next step). Maybe another type of byproduct? (in reality it's iron, but it would be OP, maybe something for next tier of GregTech Intergalactical machines and gadgets?)

I used Deuterium + Tritium, because you will get Helium + Neutrons (which will be converted to Energy). I made sure to have a general Idea of how Fusion works, before creating nonsense (I know Suns can create Iron, but thats too much for now), but i could later make other Fusions possible.

so, will your fusion reactor work for mincraft 1.25, or is it 1.32 only?

1.3.2-Only, due to the fact that Forge 4.0 is a massive Overhaul of everything. But hey, its now SMP without Doublecode!

• Sounds good. Yours features an actual EU production system, mine features a breeder reactor. I guess if your addon is installed I will add other chances to produce deuterium and tritium is reaction processes (not realistic at all), or maybe use those as fuel for bonus EU generation at less efficiency than your monster of a generator. Such fuel would also increase chance of getting helium fuel and heavier metals.

Just a note, I may actually do something where a running fusion reactor creates a "sun" entity that generates light and radiation. If I somehow figure out the code for that, I'll let you use it as well so you can add something similar. For the effects only, really. And if you feel like jumping into a sun.

As for helium, I was thinking of maybe making it so that if you eat it all ingame sounds increase in pitch temporarily (yeah, I know it makes YOUR voice higher not other things, but w/e). Perhaps throwing helium cells at things causes them to float up to the ceiling then fall (take that, creepers!) Also, balloons are cool man. Don't diss the balloons.

So what is this hydronium? Its not an ore, is it?

• So what is this hydronium? Its not an ore, is it?

Most likely hydrogen. I'm pretty sure it's hydrogen.

The forum won't let me specify my gender accurately, so I'll just use my signature to say that I go by they/them pronouns.

Okay, yeah, that's obvious enough, but I don't want to go running around for another entire ore is what I'm saying. He still hasn't told us how to get it.

• Official Post

Oops you are right. And the Ore-Dictionary works also for Non-Ores, just to say.

Edit:
    I just added the following to my Code, the mItems-Array contains my Items:

OreDictionary.registerOre("container_1h" , mItems[0]);
    OreDictionary.registerOre("container_1d" , mItems[1]);
    OreDictionary.registerOre("container_1h2" , mItems[1]);
    OreDictionary.registerOre("container_1t" , mItems[2]);
    OreDictionary.registerOre("container_1h3" , mItems[2]);
    OreDictionary.registerOre("container_1he" , mItems[3]);

• Official Post

But this all makes the Rocket Science reactors look silly :P

Thats the Idea behind it :P
    You could also add those OreDict-Values to your Cells, to make it a bit more compatible.

Does anyone know how to properly update a Clientsideonly GUI in 1.3.2 for Serversideonly values? I have some Updateproblems with GUIContainers.
    Edit: Solved it by using worldObj.addBlockEvent every 10 Ticks (i think thats enough for a graphical Update).

Edit:
    The Quantumchest! Store an infinite Itemamount of one single stackable Itemkind in it! Its fully Functional, but you cant craft it due to IC² not being updated!

This Chest is designed to work with Tubes and other Automationstuff, as you can clearly see on its Texture. Put Things into the Topslot to insert them. The Bottomslot contains a Stack with up to maximum Size of the Object you inserted to ensure that you can pull whole Stacks out of it.

Edit:
    Guess, what this Wall consists of :D

Hint: it has a Blastresistance of 600

Edit:
    I just invented the Graphical-Lag-Amount-Detector-Operating-System, short G.L.A.D.O.S.

With it you can see how much graphical Lag your Chunk causes. It is a Computeralike Decorationblock, which is used in the Recipe of the Fusionreactor. Its Screen changes everytime a graphical Update happens, so the more Fluctuation on it, the more graphical Lag you get. I dont know how Optifine affects that accidential Functionality.

• Official Post

No Way, was just thinking about that yesterday!
    Now that Fusion Reactors in RS are going to be obsolete, why don't I just give you the rockets too :P

You can still have your Rockets. I'm not going to implement Entities in the near Future. I assure you your Rockets are protected from me. :D

And now i have to code my UUM-Assembler, to automate any UUM-Crafting-releated Stuff easier.

Edit: I just made a Basefilemod to disable the InfiniteWater-Quirk. Now we have to pump our Water out of the Oceans instead of tiny Waterpits. *adding to OP*

• UU Assembler? Damn, my mods list keeps growing, lucky just about all 1.25 mods are working with Forge 152. So what, it's a bit like the Forestry Carpenter, that it has a small internal storage and you lay out the recipe and input power? That would be great.

• Official Post

UU Assembler? Damn, my mods list keeps growing, lucky just about all 1.25 mods are working with Forge 152. So what, it's a bit like the Forestry Carpenter, that it has a small internal storage and you lay out the recipe and input power? That would be great.

You will be able to "program" (will need a Computer in the Recipe) up to 12 or 16 diffrent UUM-Recipes via a Craftinggrid (so you have to know those Recipes) into it. Then you pump UUM into the Top/Bottom of the Machine via Tubes (or other Automationstuff) and it will fill its internal Storage (which is NOT accessible inside the GUI!) with the Products, which you "programmed" into the Machine. These Products can then be pulled out via Retriever, Filter and other Automationoutputstuff on the Sides.

And of course it needs 512EU for every single consumed UUM-Item inside the Recipes. Also i will make it possible to use ANY Craftingrecipe, which is consisting only out of UUM, so other UUM-Recipes will all be compatible.

Since its crafted with a Quantumchest, you can also store an infinite* amount of UUM inside it.

Currently i'm preparing the GregTower2 for a release tomorrow, so i wasnt able to implement the UUM-Assembler nor the Sonictron 9001.

* = 2147483647 because its Integer.MAX_VALUE

• Official Post

Sonictron? What in blue blazes is that? Some sort of inter-dimensional toothbrush? Or is that some sort of uber cool pulse weapon?

Interdimensional? Sorry but the only interdimensional thing i will make in near future is the IDSU, and for coding that, i will wait for IC² to update.

Maybe a programmable musicbox?

Of course.

And again an Edit for a new Feature, which is finally implemented:

Ruby, Sapphire, Silver and Iridiumore. You can toggle them OFF via Config if needed.

Ruby is found in deserts, while Sapphire can be found in Oceans. Silver has the same randomness as Gold, and Iridium is only attempting to generate in every fifth Chunk and under Layer 99 (So at almost every Layer). Ruby and Sapphire are Fortunecompatible, and Silktouched Uranium can now be Macerated. Also i added Storageblocks for Rubies, Sapphires and Silver.

I'm adding those Ores, because it makes it userfriendlier to add cheaper Recipes for their usage.

Edit:
    I added tons of Recipes for Macerating/Smelting all Storageblocks and for compressing Ingots/Lapis/Gems/Diamonds into their Storageblockform. I also added Macerationrecipes for all kinds of Silktouched Ores. Anything turn-OFF-able in the config.

Edit: The UUM-Assembler!

Dont be confused with the Dirt. I made an IC²-Handler, which outputs Dirt for every single IC²-Item, when IC² is not installed.

20 diffrent Blueprints for UUM can be saved on the left, by just clicking the Holoslots of the Craftinggrid in the middle and then selecting the Output of it. It also has the same Functionality as a Quantumchest just for UUM on the right. It will automatically take UUM to refill the internal Contentslots, which are only accessible via Tubes, Filters and other Automationoutputs on the Sides (or by destroying the Device itself). This makes it very usefull for Autocraftingfactories. Top and Bottom of this Device are for inserting/extracting UUM. It needs also Energy for its operation, 512EU per used piece of UUM to be precicely, so a Diamond would cost 4608EU just for assembling, while 8 Wood would just cost 512EU.

Warning: If you disable a Blueprint, while the Machine operates, you have to extract the former produced Materials out of the Device, before adding a new Recipe into that specific Slot.

• Official Post

Before i edit again that Post from yesterday, i will make this one.

My newest Invention the Sonictron9001 from my old Suggestion. This is a superadvanced Noteblock, which is playing up to 64 Sounds in a row, with a 2 Tick-Delay inbetween. It makes even the unused Noteblocksounds possible. Its designed to work with Redpowers Repeaters, because they have a maxdelay of 128 Ticks. It will also make a Soundloop, if you constantly apply a Redstonesignal, and it uses Holoslots.

Here also a Screen of all my Modblocks.

I also release a Betaversion of it. You should be in Creativemode or spawn the Items in over means, as most Recipes are not working without IC².

Edit: I should note that i use Forge 241.

• Long life to the config file!

By the way, why Ruby, Sapphire, Silver? Cuz I know that you know that almost the 99,99% of the people here play with RP, so thats to make Ruby, Sapphire, Silver things more easy to craft?