[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website [Closed]

• How about exposing its entire inventory to the pipes. In theory it should be possible to act like a regular chest to pipes, and drop any item that shouldn't be in it. Like the way ic2 nuclear reactors do (or used to, im not sure - never touched reactors since 1.3.2)

• Does anyone know the exact components of Redstone?

My current Idea per 64 Redstone is: 4 Rubydust, 24 Pyritedust, 1 Endereyedust and 35 Calcitedust.

Not sure about the exact components, but i assume it would be some sort of semiconducting material, so probably silicon/germanium/aluminium oxide + impurites. The aluminium oxide would be the main component for rubies, so rubydust / chromedust / aluminium dust would make sense. maybe include a silicon cell instead of the endereye?

• I wouldn't say semiconductive, because it doesn't conduct EU.

On a side note, Where is the newest version of forge? All i can find is the one with 49 and i need 50.

If you have never heard of the Farlands, you're missing out.

The farlands supports GregTech

• Official Post

How about exposing its entire inventory to the pipes. In theory it should be possible to act like a regular chest to pipes, and drop any item that shouldn't be in it. Like the way ic2 nuclear reactors do (or used to, im not sure - never touched reactors since 1.3.2)

Lol, that what the Pipes see IS THE ENTIRE INVENTORY! Yes it has only 4 Slots inside. Two for filtering incoming Items, one for Output and a last one for the GUI-Input. Anything else is just a Number.

Not sure about the exact components, but i assume it would be some sort of semiconducting material, so probably silicon/germanium/aluminium oxide + impurites. The aluminium oxide would be the main component for rubies, so rubydust / chromedust / aluminium dust would make sense. maybe include a silicon cell instead of the endereye?

Endereye-Dust is only because of the "pseudo-magic" stuff from the Redstone itself. Aluminium-Dust is not an option as Bauxite should be the Mainsource of it. Ruby-Dust is because its RED and to make Chrome a bit easier to get. Siliconcells are a good Idea, they will replace some of the Calcite. Pyrite consists out of Iron and Sulfur, so that makes also a bit of sense.

Edit: http://files.minecraftforge.net/

• [snip]Try the advanced Translocator. It works like sneaky Pipes (the way you probably want it).

heh, you have been busy, my version didn't have them. updated, and thank you

Hell, prove me wrong, Happy to be so 99% of the time, then I can learn stuff :)

• Hardened Casing consists out of 4 Diamonds. The Advanced Machineblock (Tier II) only out of Iron and a bit compressed Stuff, it would be ridiculous to make them the same Tier.

So nerf the Advanced Machineblock then ;)

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• Hardened Casing consists out of 4 Diamonds. The Advanced Machineblock (Tier II) only out of Iron and a bit compressed Stuff, it would be ridiculous to make them the same Tier.

Ok. I hope that "Highly Advanced Machineblock" will be Tier 4 in next version.

• Official Post

Ok. I hope that "Highly Advanced Machineblock" will be Tier 4 in next version.

Next Version? Oh yes i just uploaded it a minute before you said that. XD

After seeing a random Modspotlight, i added Electrum Ingot/Dust. Crafted out of Gold and Silver Dust. Electrum is now used instead of Gold inside my Machinerecipes and instead of Silver in the cheaper Circuitry. That was the use for Gold i was looking for.

• Next Version? Oh yes i just uploaded it a minute before you said that. XD

After seeing a random Modspotlight, i added Electrum Ingot/Dust. Crafted out of Gold and Silver Dust. Electrum is now used instead of Gold inside my Machinerecipes and instead of Silver in the cheaper Circuitry. That was the use for Gold i was looking for.

Lemme guess... DW20's spotlight on Thermal Expansion? Was that the "random Modspotlight?"

• Hello. I am wondering if there is a way of turning off the ore dictionary for eg circuits. Because personaly i dont like the ability to use ic2 stuff in railcraft/forestry or vice versa. I am running a server and this is important for me. I do really LOVE your addon really much. I hope i dont sound mean, im just asking if you could add that to the config (if it is even possible). That would really make the mod so much better for server owners like me. I hope im not asking for too much, you can just ignore my post if you find it uninterresting. Thank you for reading this. :Electronic Circuit: :Advanced Circuit: :Advanced Machine:

• I wouldn't say semiconductive, because it doesn't conduct EU.

On a side note, Where is the newest version of forge? All i can find is the one with 49 and i need 50.

go take a look at the difference in conductance between semiconductors and conductors, it is a factor of about 10^7 or more. ie semiconductors are that much more resisitive, therefore will not appear to conduct EU. I was refering to the operation of the redstone torch and redstone circuitry, where it exibits semiconductor properties.

Also, the main reason i mentioned chromedust was that, since chromium is the impurity that makes rubies red, then it might be the impurity in redstone that makes it red.

• that behavior are normal in the electry buffer and the block breaker ?

1) in the block breaker need two slot with something for activated the redstone signal (i think in some option for chose what slot emit the signal (both or indivudual)

2) the electry buffer dont show correctly the value of internal energy storage (info panel)

3) is normal spend energy when have behavior of red stone active when they do nothing ? ( the wiki say (Slotcount*1 EU/sec) but the machine dont do nothing and spend energy )

4) i noticed the signal behavior need minumun of Eu for work 550 (that no exactly )

http://youtu.be/4VroaA1TXyM

• Hey!
    Let me introduce my Hayoish Rubber Farm Beast!
    Big ,complex (maybe ugly too) but effinicent! The whole farm running on Eu electricity! 2 generators generate the enegy from burning the Carbon cells ( not all of them thats why byproduct too). it has automatic shut down when the buffer is full ( buffers and translocators are awesome btw :thumbup:)
    Main product:Rubber ( of course :D )
    Byproduct: Methane cell, Plantballs, Compressed plants, Rubber tree sapling, some Carbon cell and sand
    Some resources needed to run: Dirt, Fertilizer (the forestrystuff), Tin (for tincells)

It's is connected to a Gregtech type sorting machine. :thumbup:

• an alternate suggestion to my electrolyser related idea would be to introduce an "industrial Electrolyser" then you can use that to convert the bauxite dust into aluminium ingots, and water directly into the hydrogen cell and compressed air cell. This is a bit unrealistic, in the sense no one currently uses the same system for both, but they do operate via very similar principles, and under similar conditions.

(see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hall-H%C3%A9roult_process for aluminium electrolysis and see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-temperature_electrolysis) The process for Aluminium occurs around 1300K and the one for water anywhere between about 1000K and 2800K

• Official Post

that behavior are normal in the electry buffer and the block breaker ?

1) in the block breaker need two slot with something for activated the redstone signal (i think in some option for chose what slot emit the signal (both or indivudual)

Its ROCK-Breaker not BLOCK-Breaker. Blockbreaker is a Trademark of Redpower.

The second Slot in the Rockbreaker (that pile of grey Dust) is for inserting Redstone. You may know the trick which converts Redstonedust into Obsidian (in VanillaMC). This can also be done with the Rockbreaker (hence the Diamond in the Recipe).

2) the electry buffer dont show correctly the value of internal energy storage (info panel)

The Infopanel of Nuclear Control, when using the Energydisplay? It works fine. The Scanner you use just displays the exact amount of EU, while the Infopanel can only retrieve the maximum Value of EU, to make sure that people arent annoyed by too large Numbers.

3) is normal spend energy when have behavior of red stone active when they do nothing ? ( the wiki say (Slotcount*1 EU/sec) but the machine dont do nothing and spend energy )

The Buffer needs small amounts of Energy to scan for empty Slots. That is turned OFF by default.

4) i noticed the signal behavior need minumun of Eu for work 550 (that no exactly )

Exactly. The amount depends on the Machine itself. No Energy => No Automation.

KammerSc: Awesome! Thats why i made that kind of Automation.

Gucky: NEI Problem. I dont know what Chickenbones does to crash it.

Thutmose: Industrial Electrolyzer is already on my List (together with the Freezer).

• Quick Answer great.

I thought as much GregoriusT.
    The Game was running without Crash before I installed the Mod.

What NEI Version do you use for a working Game? ^^
    I have the lastest Chickencore 0.6.6 and NEI 1.4.1 for Minecraft 1.4.2

Testing a "fresh" Minecraft with a few new installed Mods right now (God thank Forkk13 and his MultiMC ^^)

Now there is a other Error

http://paste.ubuntu.com/1330318/

Testing now with just the minimum Mods

Edit: Same error with just Ic2 and Forge. Crash at the World creation.

Maybe the wrong IC2 Date. I have the 1.108.57, newest is 1.108.71 .....testing ^^

I'm not a Modder or Coder, but a like a Makeshifter.

Edited once, last by Gucky ().